Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2010, 18:47   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
The tone changes albeit very slightly in tone at no apparent trigger. You are driving and sometimes right in the middle of your honking, it changes its tone!
from the description, it appears that your ANHC horn has some issues
you can consult your service station and get it resolved.

Ensure that you demonstrate the issue to service advisor and get it acknowledged / mentioned in the complaint sheet.
Old 21st September 2010, 19:04   #17
BHPian

Can any one further clarify the dual tone system, how it works? and its advantage to single horn, as i am using a city for the past 15 months i do find the horn very inadequate to Indian traffic plus i have not found any change in the tone style it sounds to me as a single horn
Old 21st September 2010, 20:00   #18
BHPian

Dear Libran,
Congrats for the new car.ANHC is a great car to own.Install a good quality sunfilm.I found the horn inadequate.So I fitted a roots Vibrosonic along with the original horn at the HASS.The horn can be selected with a switch in the dash board.
Dont worry about over heating.There is a engine overheat temprature indicator in the console.

Please post the pictures and continue to update.
Old 21st September 2010, 20:09   #19
Senior - BHPian

Dont use dual horn with a switch, it means they will cut the wires and warranty will be void for electricals if wires are cut.

I am using dual horn with switch in my santro, which is no longer covered with warranty.
Old 21st September 2010, 20:13   #20
BHPian

Congrats libranof1987, Welcome to the club,
Drive safe and enjoy your ANHC, where are the customary pics?

Any long drives planned? One long drive will settle the engine beautifully and also get you familiar with a lot of things around on the ANHC.

The bumper on ANHC is the same for all models, just that on those that dont have fog lamps, there is a provision to fit fog lamps (the cut out for installing the fog lamps is concealed behind the bumpers away from our view) and hence they look neat.

The reverse sensors are black by default and you need to have them painted in the body color (which some dealerships charge extra)

Also the controls you saw on the Civic steering wheel would be on the right hand side and are for cruise control.

Cheers
Uday

Last edited by uday.ere : 21st September 2010 at 20:24.
Old 21st September 2010, 20:19   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mevtec View Post
Dear Libran,
Congrats for the new car.ANHC is a great car to own.Install a good quality sunfilm.I found the horn inadequate.So I fitted a roots Vibrosonic along with the original horn at the HASS.The horn can be selected with a switch in the dash board.
Dont worry about over heating.There is a engine overheat temprature indicator in the console.
Im not sure I want to change the horn since that would mean messing with wiring and warranty being void. Guess I'll just accept it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Congrats libranof1987, Welcome to the club,
Drive safe and enjoy your ANHC, where are the customary pics?
As suggested by StarVB, you should have the horn checked,

Any long drives planned? One long drive will settle the engine beautifully and also get you familiar with a lot of things around on the ANHC.

Cheers
Uday
Thanks! Well, in fact I just got back from a drive from Gurgaon-Amritsar-Wagah. Please find the travelogue as follows :
Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Street and Travel Experiences > Travelogues the City travels Gurgaon-Amritsar-Wagah

And yes, I will get the horn checked during 2nd free servicing.

About the pictures, I will post them shortly. I could not earlier since they crossed the maximum 1 MB limit; will change the format and post them tonight.

Cheers!
Old 21st September 2010, 23:59   #22
Team-BHP Support

the pictures!

here are some pictures..

I'm back at Bangalore else would have posted some pictures of the car's interior too..
Attached Thumbnails
My Japanese Doll : Habanero Red Honda City S-MT-3.jpg  

My Japanese Doll : Habanero Red Honda City S-MT-4.jpg  

My Japanese Doll : Habanero Red Honda City S-MT-5.jpg  

My Japanese Doll : Habanero Red Honda City S-MT-dsc06441.jpg  

libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2010, 08:57   #23
Senior - BHPian

libranof1987 : congrats and welcome to the club. As the owner of a Mar 09 ANHC, its been a great 1.5 years for me with the car, and i love it. Wish you many great years of fun with the car.

Nice pics!
Old 22nd September 2010, 16:50   #24
BHPian

Hey Libran,

Many congrats to you for your ANHC. Alongside with Skywalker, i have had a great 1.3 years with this car. The car is simply too great & sometime, its run on the highways is way too magical. I get blown with this.

Didn't you opt for the V MT ?
Old 22nd September 2010, 17:49   #25
Team-BHP Support

What the VMT has more than SMT is alloy wheels, reverse sensors (which we have got fitted on ours), chrome handles and fog lamps..

So, we felt these 3 things are not actually very necessary to spend an additional 40k.
Old 22nd September 2010, 18:17   #26
BHPian

Hi Libran,
Nice car and nice color too ;-). Having done 30K + with similar car, I have a great experience so far. The vtec engine is to die for.

Congrats and enjoy the car!
Old 22nd September 2010, 22:59   #27
BHPian

Quote:
What the VMT has more than SMT is alloy wheels, reverse sensors (which we have got fitted on ours), chrome handles and fog lamps..
Just wanted to clarify, VMT does not come with Reverse sensor as a standard.
As you have mentioned apart from Alloys, Chrome door handle and Fog lamp, VMT has the following additional items:

1. Tweeters
2. Seat Fabric is different from SMT with Seat back pocket on driver side
3. Silver door handle lining
4. Silver coloured base for door switch panel and center AC Knob
5. Exhaust pipe finisher
Old 22nd September 2010, 23:12   #28

Hi,
Congrtas for the new car. This colour really looks cool on ANHC. I am sure you will love the long drives on this car. I am mainly using it for long drives and really love the comfort and handling of this car.
Old 23rd September 2010, 01:53   #29
BHPian

Great choice..ANHC is a beautiful car

In the pics..why have u blanked out the number plate in 1st and 4th picture and not in the 2nd and 3rd one..funny
Old 23rd September 2010, 07:23   #30
BHPian

Quote:

So, we felt these 3 things are not actually very necessary to spend an additional 40k.
But i dont see any of these on your car, i hope these pictures were taken before you got the other addons done ?

i seem you have seen you somewhere? your face seem very very familiar.where do you stay in Bangalore ?

Last edited by nandans2005 : 23rd September 2010 at 07:24.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks