Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2010, 08:32   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak01 View Post
In the pics..why have u blanked out the number plate in 1st and 4th picture and not in the 2nd and 3rd one..funny
well, after I cut out the no. plates in those 2 pics, I forgot to save it probably and uploaded it like that. Once uploaded, I can't find how I can remove those 2 pics!

Funny indeed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
But i dont see any of these on your car, i hope these pictures were taken before you got the other addons done ?

i seem you have seen you somewhere? your face seem very very familiar.where do you stay in Bangalore ?
That is a SMT so the features would not be there. Although we have got the reverse parking sensors fitted at extra cost (10k)

I stay in BTM but generally on weekends, I could be all over Bangalore (right from marathahalli to airport and nandi hills!). I work in ITPL so another place you could have seen me.
Old 23rd September 2010, 08:52   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
i seem you have seen you somewhere? your face seem very very familiar.where do you stay in Bangalore ?
His face appearance is similar to former delhi cricketor Atul Wassan.
probably that is how he looks familiar.
Old 23rd September 2010, 09:43   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
That is a SMT so the features would not be there. Although we have got the reverse parking sensors fitted at extra cost (10k)
Do they have a lense too, from the pics I could only see sensors.

If they are sensor alone, 10k is on the higher side.
Old 23rd September 2010, 09:49   #34
Team-BHP Support

i don't quite understand what you mean by lens but they are just sensors.

In the mirror, i see an image of a car with 4 small lines at the bottom; and as the car goes closer to an obstruction, I can see the distance in metres on the 4 points. Also, there is a prompt saying "Migo, Left, 9 metres" with a sound alarm. If the car is too close, it says "STOP STOP with a continuous sound" (just like the ECG when a person is dead).
The voice prompt can get slightly entertaining at times!

10k, yes! slightly overpriced, but you can't really determine an ideal cost for these things.
Old 23rd September 2010, 09:59   #35
BHPian

[quote=libranof1987;2080275]

quote]

i am getting confused. You have said you have got the addons of VMT on your car which is a SMT ( as mine). So i am just asking you, why the alloys and chrome door handles are not seen.
Old 23rd September 2010, 10:04   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What the VMT has more than SMT is alloy wheels, reverse sensors (which we have got fitted on ours), chrome handles and fog lamps..

So, we felt these 3 things are not actually very necessary to spend an additional 40k.
Quote:
the car is SMT. I have been saying, we did not go for the VMT since we did feel the extra features that VMT has over SMT are necessary. But, we spent an extra 10k and got just the reverse parking sensor fitted.
So, car : SMT + reverse parking sensor
Old 23rd September 2010, 10:21   #37
BHPian

Quote:
i don't quite understand what you mean by lens but they are just sensors.

In the mirror, i see an image of a car with 4 small lines at the bottom; and as the car goes closer to an obstruction, I can see the distance in metres on the 4 points. Also, there is a prompt saying "Migo, Left, 9 metres" with a sound alarm. If the car is too close, it says "STOP STOP with a continuous sound" (just like the ECG when a person is dead).
The voice prompt can get slightly entertaining at times!

10k, yes! slightly overpriced, but you can't really determine an ideal cost for these things.
What I meant is does it converts rear view mirror as monitor and display view of rear while you are reversing or just shows the distance.

I understood it just shows the distance to hurdle, reason for asking just the sensors costs little under 3k and with a view of rear costs 7k here.
Old 23rd September 2010, 10:27   #38
Team-BHP Support

okay.. Well, doubt anything can be done now!

Probably its that expensive coz it was fitted before delivery itself.
Old 23rd September 2010, 10:28   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
His face appearance is similar to former delhi cricketor Atul Wassan.
probably that is how he looks familiar.

You are absolutely right on this one. Now i get the point why he looks very familiar to me.

Also let me know if you are having any rattles in the car , i mean in the left side of the rear door. I have got some noise in the rear as and when i travel on rough roads. How much have you done in your car ?
Old 23rd September 2010, 11:05   #40
Team-BHP Support

about who i resemble.. if you say so!

I have done about 3k km. Not any noises so far! even on the ones in Gurgaon (read : huge craters)
Old 24th September 2010, 13:33   #41
BHPian

Cogratulations!
Quote:
@ starvegabond..

As such I do not have a problem with the tip of the bonnet, I was saying short people could have a problem in judging it..
I am short and I drive the car like any other small car. It all depends on the characteristics of the car and the skill of the driver. The height doesn't matter. Most of the modern day cars today are aerodynamic and front-tip visibility is always nil. The city gives you the option of rasing the seating. I feel like a king in the driver's seat.

Quote:
I'm not sure the purpose could be what you mention in this case.

The tone changes albeit very slightly in tone at no apparent trigger. You are driving and sometimes right in the middle of your honking, it changes its tone!

Your explanation about dual horn makes sense if there are different buttons for the dual horn. Else, how would the horn differentiate between being in ghats or city.
Huh! talk about the horns, they are poor. Most of the horns break the tone, I got them replaced once, even the replaced ones break sometimes. I have heard that the ones that work well are well audible outside.
Old 24th September 2010, 13:39   #42
BHPian

Quote:
- no engine cover.. the opel corsa i have has a thick rubber sheet that covers the entire engine (ie the area under the bonnet).. this helps is keeping out dust and water being splashed onto the engine while driving.. the engine in City is covered for a small patch on the left and right sides, leaving the centre exposed..
- no temperature gauge.. i don't know if theres a reason for it, but there is no temp. guage in the console.. so, if something goes wrong with the coolant, the engine might just keep getting heated and you'd realize a l'il too late.. however, it does have an icon for the engine not reaching an appropriate operating temp..
- having driven corsa, one of the sturdiest cars of that segment, i don't find City that robust.. the tyre thickness is also 1 ply less than that of corsa..

everything said and done, i think the City is a pleasure to drive.. so if you are thinking about one, get one!
Firstly don't even compare the corsa to the city. They are generations apart. I understand the corsa feels like sturdy, but that's not the only thing in the car. The city has lot of other goodies going for it.

There is no separate temp guage, however when the engine is overheated the console will alert you instantly. When you switch on the engine, it does a self test, if there are any lights that come on and go, an indication of failure. You can see the 'C' blue light that shows up when the engine is not warm.

Last edited by jayanth_yk : 24th September 2010 at 13:41.
Old 24th September 2010, 14:52   #43
BHPian

Hey did I misunderstand this thread, or did someone say that reverse parking sensors come inbuilt into the ANHC VMT?

If so, I didn't get it! :(
Old 24th September 2010, 15:37   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_wrench View Post
Hey did I misunderstand this thread, or did someone say that reverse parking sensors come inbuilt into the ANHC VMT?

If so, I didn't get it! :(
Hey, my bad. I quoted what my dealer told me; reverse parking sensor is NOT a standard part of even VMT. it has to be paid for extra.

Apologies!
Old 24th September 2010, 15:50   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What the VMT has more than SMT is alloy wheels, reverse sensors (which we have got fitted on ours), chrome handles and fog lamps..

So, we felt these 3 things are not actually very necessary to spend an additional 40k.
Just found out, reverse parking sensor is NOT a standard feature of even VMT.
I'm surprised no one else figured out!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks