Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2012, 01:03   #166
BHPian

Re: Another 1.6 Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I am wondering what are they up to. The 1.6 by all accounts was a precursor to an AT version. Both VW units (VW & Skoda) have the 1.6 but to AT as yet. Are they chickening out!!
What market segment would that cater to? The 1.6 ATs are available for their sedan counterparts at present anyway. An AT on these hatches would send the prices of these cars into the sedan base league, and that's when customers would prefer a larger bootspace and the 'supposed' pride of owning a sedan. And kaput they have a wasted chicken.

Now an AT with paddle shifters, hmm... impressive! But, we are not speaking vRSs or GTIs.

Last edited by mempheS.D : 8th May 2012 at 01:03. Reason: ha
Old 8th May 2012, 10:49   #167
Senior - BHPian

Ankit, your Polo with the blacked out headlamps looks killer!! Exactly what I've been wanting my Polo to look like! Brilliant job. Did you do it yourself or got it done from somewhere? Please let me know the procedure and costs involved
Old 4th June 2012, 23:12   #168
BHPian

Tail-Lamp Upgrade!-Another European Touch
Attached Thumbnails
Another 1.6 Polo-_dsc7091.jpg  

Another 1.6 Polo-_dsc7094.jpg  

Another 1.6 Polo-_dsc7099.jpg  

AnkitPrashar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th June 2012, 23:33   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkitPrashar View Post
I saw a Polo with similar lights like your on NH8 today evening. Was it yours?

Last edited by mukeshgoel : 5th June 2012 at 23:34.
Old 8th June 2012, 19:30   #170
BHPian

The GTI look , 1.6 petrol (though not quite the same) i thought why not!
Also got the side-view mirrors a carbon-fibre wrap
Attached Thumbnails
Another 1.6 Polo-_dsc7137-copy.jpg  

Another 1.6 Polo-_dsc7110-copy.jpg  

Another 1.6 Polo-_dsc7144-copy.jpg  

Another 1.6 Polo-_dsc7132-copy.jpg  

AnkitPrashar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th June 2012, 19:23   #171
BANNED

@ speed kills how are u finding the witson audio system. Even i am planning to get one from china, was almost about to place the order but today when i went to junction car accessories shop in jp nagar I inquired about the witson audio system but that guy said its waste and he even said that few of the team bhpians who got installed it removed it, I don't know how far its true .
Old 12th August 2012, 20:51   #172
BHPian

Quote:
The GTI look , 1.6 petrol (though not quite the same) i thought why not!
Also got the side-view mirrors a carbon-fibre wrap
Nice work on the car!

Looks impressive, just the way it should!

I live in NCR, and going to get a Polo 1.6 pretty soon, I would need the contact of the place from where you got all this done.
Thanks in advance.
Old 4th September 2012, 13:11   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony05 View Post
@ speed kills how are u finding the witson audio system. Even i am planning to get one from china, was almost about to place the order but today when i went to junction car accessories shop in jp nagar I inquired about the witson audio system but that guy said its waste and he even said that few of the team bhpians who got installed it removed it, I don't know how far its true .
Although not a question directed to me, I will try to respond to this one. I have been using Witson on my 1.6 since last six months now, and it has been a mixed bag. Absolutely no issues with the CD/DVD playback, the radio, the navigation and the bluetooth - it all works like charm.

Now the problems - The reverse camera was wonderful till it konked off in my last konkan trip (probably because of incessant rains).
I am a heavy user of smartphones - and I sincerely wish it came with an Android version. The resistive touchscreen does get some time to get used to. The touches are not perfect and the flow between homescreens(!) is a bit laggy. I am not sure if I can take it out and update it or something to make it fast, but with a Windows mobile OS (or is it CE?) running on it, I just dont have much hope on improving the speed.

There you have it, hope it helps! if you need any information specific to anything please let me know.

Last edited by sids911 : 4th September 2012 at 13:12.
Old 4th September 2012, 13:27   #174
BHPian

Tomorrow the car will complete 2 years. Its been a hassle-free ownership experience till now although my running has been only 15,624KM in 2 years!
I have already got the 2nd service done.In the last year i had very bad experiences with Frontier Auto World. The first service was just about satisfactory although the touch-up paint done on the bumper was a complete joke!
The 2nd time i had to send the car for windshield replacement under warranty. The work was done quickly but i got the car back with green stained seats!
The 3rd and final time i had an unfortunate accident and had to send the car for repairs. Again the quality of work done was not at all satisfactory. The hood lock (which i later found out was not working), the hood was not painted properly on the edge and the front bumper was not aligned properly.

So this time i took the car to newly opened Dhingra Auto on NH-8. Their service center is literally huge and spread out! The car was taken in the morning and duly returned in the evening. They also threw in some discount coupons. They agreed to change some gearbox mountings under warranty but did not have the parts with them at that time. I received a call from them yesterday that the part has arrived. Will get this done soon. Overall very satisfactory service and much much better customer handling as compared to that crappy Frontier Auto.

Regarding the Witson unit, well its been working pretty good for me for 2 years now. GPS, Bluetooth, FM, Reverse Camera, USB, CD all have been working flawlessly for me. The only bug that i get from time to time is with the iPod. I need to re-plug the wire a few times and then it starts reading it properly.
AnkitPrashar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2012, 00:50   #175

Quote:
Tomorrow the car will complete 2 years. Its been a hassle-free ownership experience till now although my running has been only 15,624KM in 2 years!
I have already got the 2nd service done.In the last year i had very bad experiences with Frontier Auto World. The first service was just about satisfactory although the touch-up paint done on the bumper was a complete joke!
The 2nd time i had to send the car for windshield replacement under warranty. The work was done quickly but i got the car back with green stained seats!
The 3rd and final time i had an unfortunate accident and had to send the car for repairs. Again the quality of work done was not at all satisfactory. The hood lock (which i later found out was not working), the hood was not painted properly on the edge and the front bumper was not aligned properly.

So this time i took the car to newly opened Dhingra Auto on NH-8. Their service center is literally huge and spread out! The car was taken in the morning and duly returned in the evening. They also threw in some discount coupons. They agreed to change some gearbox mountings under warranty but did not have the parts with them at that time. I received a call from them yesterday that the part has arrived. Will get this done soon. Overall very satisfactory service and much much better customer handling as compared to that crappy Frontier Auto.

Regarding the Witson unit, well its been working pretty good for me for 2 years now. GPS, Bluetooth, FM, Reverse Camera, USB, CD all have been working flawlessly for me. The only bug that i get from time to time is with the iPod. I need to re-plug the wire a few times and then it starts reading it properly.
Could not agree with you more Ankit. Just got my car back from Frontier Gurgaon after servicing and a few repairs. It's a big joke. They take the customer for granted. During the course of events, they have lied to me and their work is not too great. I had given my car for 4 repair jobs but only asked them to do one of it since I was getting worried with my car being with them. Surprisingly after collecting my car, the guy dealing with my enquiry said he was fired unjustly. Apparently another customer had an issue with his power windows not going up after denting and painting. They kept his car for 15 days and could not figure out the issue. After a while, it was realized that it was not a good job and it was interfering with the window sensor. As you know due to anti pinch feature, if the sensor detects an interference it does not go up. The guy said the manager asked him to apologize in front of everyone once which he did. Then he asked him to do it 10 times which he refused thus was asked to quit. Fishy, I think he was trying to emotional blackmail me into giving him a good review.
Old 27th November 2012, 13:14   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Tail lamps look awesome!
How much did they cost you?

Taking inspiration from your efforts I got myself the witson HU as well. Everything is wired up, but cannot find a way to switch on the reverse camera view! You said you do it from the UI, right?

Also can you please PM me the details of MMI map installation? Thanks in advance!
Old 4th February 2014, 17:47   #177

Quote:
My car has developed a strange problem. Today morning i saw a small crack in my front windshield. By evening it had gotten bigger. There is no damage on the car near the front windshield, but the crack starts from the bottom of the windshield. I wonder if its a manufacturing defect and if it is covered in the car warranty.
Surely there hasn't been any damage to the car as i drive it myself daily and the car is parked well secured inside the house. Attaching a few images of the crack. Any advice?
Hi Ankit,

Last week I had gone on a road trip to Hampi and while returning back I noticed a crack in my windshield. And it looks exactly similar to the pictures you have posted. And the amusing part is that even I do not have any clue on why the crack had appeared. Did you get any inputs from the service guy on why the crack would have appeared?
Old 4th February 2014, 22:17   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohittk View Post
Hi Ankit,

Last week I had gone on a road trip to Hampi and while returning back I noticed a crack in my windshield. And it looks exactly similar to the pictures you have posted. And the amusing part is that even I do not have any clue on why the crack had appeared. Did you get any inputs from the service guy on why the crack would have appeared?
Hi, the windshield was replaced under warranty. Take it to the service centre and let them know about the problem.
Old 9th February 2014, 12:14   #179

Quote:
Hi, the windshield was replaced under warranty. Take it to the service centre and let them know about the problem.
Hi Ankit,

I took my car to the service center and unfortunately they won't replace my windshield under warranty. The reason they cited is that the crack has developed due to an impact by a stone pellet. Maybe they are right but I am kind of baffled that a micro stone pellet can cause a windshield to crack (even at high speeds). They now want me to make an insurance claim. Btw, they have emailed me a written email rejection. I am attaching pictures from the rejection email.

Any thoughts?

Rohit
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Polo Windshield.pdf (804.8 KB, 261 views)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks