Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2010, 11:55   #76
Senior - BHPian

Great find! Looks great
Cannot fathom how even the Vento comes without Aux/USB ports
poor market research for VW
Old 26th November 2010, 12:14   #77
BANNED

chetan do you have to import the full frame or just the outer frame for 8 pounds. which are you getting exactly ? guess there are 2 brands eh ? im thinking about getting the 8 pound one ?
Old 26th November 2010, 18:48   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
chetan do you have to import the full frame or just the outer frame for 8 pounds. which are you getting exactly ? guess there are 2 brands eh ? im thinking about getting the 8 pound one ?
I got the below items: Will post details on my thread in a weeks time. Right now, I am literally going nuts deciding on the HU.

1 xAutoleads PC5-137 - Volkswagen Fox, Golf, Golf Plus, Polo DIN Aerial Adaptor £7.99

1 xAutoleads PC2-69-4 - Volkswagen Beetle, Bora, Golf, Lupo, Wiring Harness Adaptor £6.99

1 xConnects 2 CT23VW01 - Volkswagen Golf Plus, MK5, MK6, Jetta, EOS Double Din Kit £29.40£
Old 26th November 2010, 20:20   #79
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
I got the below items: Will post details on my thread in a weeks time. Right now, I am literally going nuts deciding on the HU.

1 xAutoleads PC5-137 - Volkswagen Fox, Golf, Golf Plus, Polo DIN Aerial Adaptor £7.99

1 xAutoleads PC2-69-4 - Volkswagen Beetle, Bora, Golf, Lupo, Wiring Harness Adaptor £6.99

1 xConnects 2 CT23VW01 - Volkswagen Golf Plus, MK5, MK6, Jetta, EOS Double Din Kit £29.40£
do we need all three. tell me which one is needed for vento. im getting a pioneer HU please let me know the link. i sister is coming next week so i can order. also your PM is off

why cant we just get this and install it. the pioneer will come with its cage and all right

http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/conne...r-p-10175.html

Last edited by jesal : 26th November 2010 at 20:35.
Old 26th November 2010, 21:44   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
do we need all three. tell me which one is needed for vento. im getting a pioneer HU please let me know the link. i sister is coming next week so i can order. also your PM is off

why cant we just get this and install it. the pioneer will come with its cage and all right

Connects 2 CT24VW06 VolksWagen Passat Golf Touran Double Din Fascia Adaptor
You will need the first 2 - definitely.

I was not sure of the 3rd. So, I ordered the entire set.

If you order the one you have mentioned, you will require another rectangular adopter. As you said, the cage is not required.

Once I am through with my project, I will be able to give you a better idea. But - you may not require it by then.

I will add you to my buddy list.
Old 2nd December 2010, 14:44   #81
BHPian

Guys i am now thinking of buying a decent sub to complete the sound package.
I got Rainbow Audio SLX 265 deluxe front comps along with a Kenwood 4ch amp 8404.

Basically i am looking for a budget sub with enclosure(5-6K max.) which doesn't necessarily need to rock my car but should be able to provide deep and tight bass (even at moderate sound levels). I also need my boot from time to time so i am not looking for a very big one. Finally i would be bridging the 2 channels from the Ken amp to power it.

So what are my options?
Old 2nd December 2010, 14:55   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkitPrashar View Post
I got Rainbow Audio SLX 265 deluxe front comps along with a Kenwood 4ch amp 8404.

Basically i am looking for a budget sub with enclosure(5-6K max.) which doesn't necessarily need to rock my car but should be able to provide deep and tight bass (even at moderate sound levels). I also need my boot from time to time so i am not looking for a very big one. Finally i would be bridging the 2 channels from the Ken amp to power it.

So what are my options?
That is quite quick I suppose!! Your specification meets mine!!

Over to Akshay1234!!
Old 10th December 2010, 13:41   #83
BHPian

Re: Another 1.6 Polo

Quote:
Checked the original VW stereos, RCD-510 and RNS-510, 65k onwards and that was the end of it.
The Car configurator for Polo on the Indian website shows a Navigation System with Bluetooth for the cost of 14,832. Would you happen to know which HU is this?
Old 10th December 2010, 14:51   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
The Car configurator for Polo on the Indian website shows a Navigation System with Bluetooth for the cost of 14,832. Would you happen to know which HU is this?
AFAIK it's not a head unit that you can fix in the dash. It's just a GPS device with bluetooth.
Old 10th December 2010, 21:07   #85
BHPian

Quote:

So what are my options?
Since the key words here are "tight bass" and "Less space", I suggest you go for a 10" or a 12" sub in a "sealed box". This will give you the precise punch without much boom boom.
You can easily get a decent JBL sub + enclosure for that budget.

If pure SQ is your priority, try the Image Dynamics ID 12", but I'm not sure if you can accommodate that in the same budget, might need to stretch a bit more.
Another sub worth mentioning – Ground Zero.

But I really believe you should try the ID since you have the Rainbows in front and really need something to match it in the rear as well . Do let us know when you decide on the stuff.
Old 11th December 2010, 14:21   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Since the key words here are "tight bass" and "Less space", I suggest you go for a 10" or a 12" sub in a "sealed box". This will give you the precise punch without much boom boom.
You can easily get a decent JBL sub + enclosure for that budget.

If pure SQ is your priority, try the Image Dynamics ID 12", but I'm not sure if you can accommodate that in the same budget, might need to stretch a bit more.
Another sub worth mentioning – Ground Zero.

But I really believe you should try the ID since you have the Rainbows in front and really need something to match it in the rear as well . Do let us know when you decide on the stuff.
Even i am thinking of going for a ID 10' one. However the one which runs at 4ohm isn't easily available here (since i would be powering it by bridging 2 channels of KAC 845)
Old 12th December 2010, 17:12   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Am keeping a close watch on this thread. Do report if the Chinese ICE has any performance or service issues. And yeah- great looking car!
Old 5th January 2011, 18:05   #88
BANNED

how is the witson doing
Old 5th January 2011, 21:40   #89
BHPian

Quote:
how is the witson doing
still no problems to report with the witson (fingers crossed!)
Old 26th January 2011, 17:38   #90

Hi Ankit, Great looking car and a superb VFM HU. One question, When you engage the reverse gear, does the HU screen switches to rear camera view automatically? or should you do it manually?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks