Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2010, 14:20   #16
BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti@ India

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
About your fuel needle taking time to move up. Next time filling up turn off your car completely, and then when you turn it on it should show full.
Does this mean its normal behavior? I remember the car was running when fuel pump attended started filling the diesel, but I stopped the engine after ward and when I started back then also i noticed that fuel indicator stuck at 3/4 only, after 20 km drive only it settled back at full, the computer too indicated the similar distance for next refill, initially it was some where 800km but after 20km and at full tank indication it was 900km, nonetheless will make sure next time I shut off the engine before refill.

-Pramod
Old 21st December 2010, 16:33   #17
Team-BHP Support

Not only the engine, but move the key to the last position where you can take it out, so the electricals are fully off. That should make your problem go away.
Old 22nd December 2010, 07:32   #18
BHPian

Skoda Yeti@ Stock yard

Here are the images that I took while the Yeti was at Stock yard.
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-20101204_003.jpg
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-20101204_004.jpg

I still make it stall now an then when the traffic gets hard, any idea what would help!

-Pramod
pramods is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2010, 08:28   #19
BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti@ Tips to prevent stalling

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
I still make it stall now an then when the traffic gets hard, any idea what would help!

-Pramod
Two simple tips to avoid stalling the Yeti, during the initial days of getting to know the Yeti:

1. Downshift before reaching 1000 RPM.
2. Upshift after reaching 1200 RPM
3. Ensure RPM not less than 1100-1200 before accelerating or before releasing the clutch.

It appears silly driving a car like this (so mechanically). But after a couple days it becomes instinctive and then the above figures become more relaxed.

Having said this, it is very much possible to start off Yeti from the 1st gear, just by judiciuosly leaving clutch and without touching the accelerator.
Old 22nd December 2010, 09:05   #20
BHPian

Thanks, that would help. Will keep this Yeti RPM drive rule in mind, coming from AT to Yeti is also making my life difficult. Have you talked about Bluetooth module that can be fitted and it availability at Skoda India?

-Pramod
Old 28th December 2010, 07:20   #21
BHPian

re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Have you talked about Bluetooth module that can be fitted and it availability at Skoda India?

-Pramod
I have no idea whether bluetooth module can be retrofitted on Yeti. Or for that matter, if it is available with Skoda India.

Nearly three weeks down the line, I am still waiting for the front mudflap and rubber floor-mats. Under the circumstances, bluetooth availability seems far-fetched. Have you go these for your vehicle?
Old 28th December 2010, 07:50   #22
BHPian

The story is same here no mudflap and floormats, spare parts have not received the catalog yet, so they cann,t order anything. Expect things to settle by Jan 2011.
I have rear doors sneaking problem, I seareched Internet and it seems a common problem across world on newer Yeti, I went to service center and they lubricated the rubber beeding that reduced the noise as of now. Have you faced this problem?

-Pramod
Old 29th December 2010, 19:05   #23
BANNED

hi Pramod, firstly congrats on purchasing the yeti.
I had been following your Scorpio thread, could you please give an update on its sale and its last fuel leakage problem.
thanks.
Old 29th December 2010, 23:40   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the abominable snow creature

For an SUV, it kinda comes with a love it not sure if i hate it kinda look. Me, I love it

That parking spot sure does look tight!! Keep an eye out on that, You should probably put some rubber beadings to those pillars
Old 30th December 2010, 00:04   #25
BHPian

Congrats pramod. It certainly lloks good in that Brown guise. It is certainly surprising to note that the car has poor drivability. That delectable DSG could have done wonders here.
Happy mile crunching with the Yeti, sans stalling.
Old 30th December 2010, 08:01   #26
BHPian

Quote:
I have rear doors sneaking problem, I seareched Internet and it seems a common problem across world on newer Yeti, I went to service center and they lubricated the rubber beeding that reduced the noise as of now. Have you faced this problem?

-Pramod
So far I have not heard squeaks from any of the doors. I have covered more than 2,000 km thus far. I have no complaint from the vehicle up now, and it appears that engine behaviour is even better than what it was earlier. This could be purely psychlogical or may be running-in does it good.
Old 30th December 2010, 10:50   #27
BHPian

Good to know that you are not facing any problem of creaking noise from door. I have crossed 1.3K and have started to rev harder from 1K onward just to get the engine set-in. i see a mention in the manual related to <1K and >1k <1.5K run-in. till 1.5K its mentioned to rev the engine hard and thats what I am doing and after 1.5K its all what you want!
I am enjoying the Yeti, but as I "selected" a number and that number will only be available once the new series open I am waiting for the registration number, this wait is taking it toll and I am not able to take the car outside on long drive!
I tried to see how much FE I can extract from the engine on highway and was surprised to see 22kmpl FE, but its really boring to drive this car at <80kmph on open highway to get 22kmpl.

-Pramod
Old 30th December 2010, 13:42   #28
BHPian

Quote:
I tried to see how much FE I can extract from the engine on highway and was surprised to see 22kmpl FE, but its really boring to drive this car at <80kmph on open highway to get 22kmpl.

-Pramod
True, the best FE band apears between 80 and 100 kmph. While 80 kmph is a little too sedate for open highway, 100 kmph appears closer to the speed at which you'd not be tempted tosleep. Even when doing 110 - 120 kmph the FE is in range of 18-19 kmpl. It is above 120 kmph that it drops to 15-17 kmpl. I tend to drive between 80 to 110 kmph on highways.

BTW what would really happen if one does not push the engine, from 1000 km - 1500 km. I for one find it difficult to rev it more than 3000 RPM.
Old 31st December 2010, 09:47   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SushilBajpai View Post
BTW what would really happen if one does not push the engine, from 1000 km - 1500 km. I for one find it difficult to rev it more than 3000 RPM.
I believe most of the modern engine are good enough from the factory and first 1K should be be good enough, you don't have to worry about the 1K-1.5K anymore.
I have seen all these pickup driven from factory to showroom, these vehicle are driven as per the person wishes and not as per the manual and still these engine take all the beating!

Enjoy the drive and forget about the other! to let you know the service advisor told me there is no need for anything and I can drive as I wish.

-Pramod
Old 31st December 2010, 14:52   #30
BHPian

pramods - When do we get to see some real pictures of the exterior and interiors? Really looking forward to the same, as I am sure are lot of other folks following the Yeti threads.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks