Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2011, 14:57   #61
BHPian

re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!

Thanks, I need to go through the manual again to figure out "other hidden features", nonetheless here is an updated, I updated my Yeti with bluetooth module, the module has been activated and is working as expected. The exact details are
Part number: 7P6 035 730 C / 7P6035730C Software: SW 0440 Hardware: H05, which included Bluetooth interface 7P6 035 730 C * cablings * microphone 3B0 035 711 B.

The bluetooth pairing need to be done via MFD and my address book has been transfered to Car memory, the MFC shows the status for signal strength, battery and even the A2DP option for music!.

Will post the pictures later, but the integrated bluetooth for Yeti is awesome!

-Pramod
Old 7th February 2011, 16:59   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Thanks, I need to go through the manual again to figure out "other hidden features", nonetheless here is an updated, I updated my Yeti with bluetooth module, the module has been activated and is working as expected. The exact details are
Part number: 7P6 035 730 C / 7P6035730C Software: SW 0440 Hardware: H05, which included Bluetooth interface 7P6 035 730 C * cablings * microphone 3B0 035 711 B.

The bluetooth pairing need to be done via MFD and my address book has been transfered to Car memory, the MFC shows the status for signal strength, battery and even the A2DP option for music!.

Will post the pictures later, but the integrated bluetooth for Yeti is awesome!

-Pramod
Excellent news! Was this through the dealer? What cost? Is there a charging and phone cradle? Mic? More details please on the user interface rather than technical interface front!
Old 7th February 2011, 18:59   #63
BHPian

No charging, this is a phone interface module that is connect below the driver seat and mic cable till the mic above rear view mirror, this feature need to be enable via VAS, once enabled the display comes on the MDF and on the Music System, if the phone supports remote SIM feature, all the address book and logs are transfered to the car, you can call see log and every thing from the Music System interface or from the MDF interface, will upload some images later.
I was able to convince the dealer, with all the information and service manual, the dealer wanted to know if there is going to be any additional connection and every details, once convinced it was done in 15 minutes and enabled via VAG.

-Pramod
Old 7th February 2011, 19:25   #64
Team-BHP Support

Promod thats very interesting. I think it would be great it you could take the time out to write a detailed guide on how to do it, giving every detail. I would really appreciate it and im sure many others would too.
Old 7th February 2011, 20:18   #65
Senior - BHPian

Great Job Pramod. That's one of the reason I always tell everyone I know who buys a new car to go through each and every page of the manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Promod thats very interesting. I think it would be great it you could take the time out to write a detailed guide on how to do it, giving every detail. I would really appreciate it and im sure many others would too.
In addition to what Akshay mentioned a video on the setup working will be helpful too.
Old 7th February 2011, 22:39   #66
BHPian

I will take the the video next time, I should have taken the video of the complete setup, but anyway it really easy there is nothing that can go wrong in the complete setup provided you have access to VAS or VAGCOM cable to enable the setup in the CANBUS.
I will try to write the setup but have a look at the images!

Phone Interface Module below driver seat
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-yeti-009.jpg
Another view
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-yeti-010.jpg

Phone connected, the display on MDF
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-yeti-012.jpg
Phone display on bolero music system
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-yeti-013.jpg
Dial pad on music system, when the keys icon are pressed
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-yeti-014.jpg
Call list display selected
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-yeti-015.jpg
Extra
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-yeti-016.jpg

Address book select on music system
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-yeti-017.jpg
Searching address book
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-yeti-018.jpg
Dialed list
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-yeti-019.jpg
MDF Phone book
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-yeti-020.jpg
Selecting Phone as Media Player
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-yeti-021.jpg
Setting on MDF, ring tone, phone book setting
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-yeti-022.jpg

-Pramod
pramods is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2011, 23:33   #67
BANNED

The setup looks neat! Any cost breakup?

How is the sensitivity of the screen,also could you post some recent exterior pics?

Last edited by DMehta : 7th February 2011 at 23:37.
Old 7th February 2011, 23:51   #68
BHPian

This is original phone module that comes as a option with yeti world wide, except India, here we don't even have option to get this, I got this from ebay with the complete wire harness and mic, the installation is easy, let me put the installation instruction in brief

Switch off the vehicle.
Remove the music system, to remove the music system, you have to remove the trim first, and they you get the 4 trox screw that need to be removed.
[you need to have you activation code of the music system handy, else while fitting it back you would not be able to use it any more]
Once you are able to remove the music system, remove the back side connector, and antenna connection.
Route the new cable from music system and via the steering[you will have to remove the trim there are 6 screw that need to be remove to take the trim, first remove the fuse box, you will get the 2 screw then remove the false wooden trim and you get 2 screw and below you have other 2. once the trim is out you just have to route the cable.
remove the door sill and route the cable, you can see the existing cables and route the cable till the driver seat.
mic cable need to be routed till the rearview mirror, remove the trim from the front A pillar and route the cable, careful about the airbag, once you route the cable till this point, remove the mic enclosure, and the interior light,you will need to remove 2 screw here and disconnect the light connector.
once done, pull the mic cable via a wire and connect the mic in the place and reverse the installation.
You are done with the installation.

Connect the VAG, go to diagnostic and you will have problem with music system, go to telephone, do the coding and remove the error. You are done!!

The Phone menu should show up in the MDF, you can pair your phone via bluetooth here, if you have remote SIM feature, enable it and every thing is set, you address book will be transfered.

The music system phone button will start working from now and all the options will be available, the current module work with phone withut remote SIM too, like iPhone and some Android phone, even A2DP works for music from phone.

This is all the instruction, but I understand visual is better than word, will try to take image and mark the area later.

-Pramod
pramods is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2011, 23:52   #69
BHPian

Thanks Pramod. This is exactly what I am looking to add to my Yeti. 2 questions. How much did all this cost you? And does it void warranty in any way?
Old 8th February 2011, 00:00   #70
BHPian

I got the module for $350 from ebay, it in no way interfere with anything existing apart from enabling the CANBUS interface, no wire cutting nothing and it all Skoda original part, i don't think it will void warranty.

-Pramod
Old 8th February 2011, 10:58   #71
BHPian

Thanks, Pramod. Sounds straightforward on the face of it, though I guess the proof is in the actual prying apart of the various bits and pieces.

I would have thought that the wiring etc was at least pre-installed.

This sounds like something outside of the purview of the Skoda India dealerships, whether it voids warranty or not. It also relies on the individual dealership's competence (since you "coaxed" them to doing the install for you). And it relies on having a workshop manual ( which I know is not something that comes in the glove box when you take delivery)

Hmmmm...
Old 8th February 2011, 11:59   #72
BHPian

Original Workshop manuals are available from Skoda for all the Skoda vehicle, you need to register and buy from https://erwin.skoda-auto.cz , you buy the hours and print right, so its easy to have all the related information. I see that my vehicle information is available there but still not registered in my name, else all the service and other details can also be viewed on the same site.
Indian model don't come with Phone preinstall[wiring harness] but they do come with all the other required space. Believe me fitting this is really easy, but you need to have VAG access or VAGCOM cable and software.

-Pramod
Old 8th February 2011, 13:03   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Original Workshop manuals are available from Skoda for all the Skoda vehicle, you need to register and buy from https://erwin.skoda-auto.cz , ..
Believe me fitting this is really easy, but you need to have VAG access or VAGCOM cable and software.

-Pramod
Excellent, Pramod, you have done us all singular service! Nice part about TBHP is that someone is out charting the way into the unknown and making it a whole lot easier for the ones to follow! Great show!
Old 9th February 2011, 11:00   #74
BHPian

Another point to about this integrated Phone system, you don't need the Music System to be on for the phone to work, if your phone bluetooth is on, and you switch on the ignition, the phone is connected to car and control in transfered at MDF, the music system is just another way to handle the phone if its switched on!! The complete system is integrated with car on CANBUS. I am loving it!

-Pramod
Old 9th February 2011, 17:09   #75
BHPian

Volkswagen
Part Number : 7P6 035 730 C / 7P6035730C
Compatible with WHITE MFA / MFD !!!

Is this the correct part particularly the White MFA / MFD part

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks