Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2011, 11:35   #181
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Behemoth, thanks for the ECU update info, I am sure Skoda Service guys here would not be aware of this and would not update this unless its pushed by Skoda, nonetheless will let them know that this is happening and an update is available with Skoda to solve this problem. My experience with OEM tire are fine, no problem yet and am checking it regularly after Sushil and your incident, do update on any info on alternative to OEM tires.

-Pramod

Sent and email of this regard to the service center with the ECU update version, so they should talk with Skoda India and let me know when this update is available withe them, as I have provided them with version number they should act on this. thanks Behemoth, let hope they get this update ASAP for me!
Hi Pramod,

I had this update applied in my presence at the service station. They can do it through two ways:
1) Most service centers have received this update as a CD (around 2 months back) and can apply it using the VAS5051 system which they use.
2) They can also perform an online update , after connecting to Skoda servers through the VAS5051 system, using this, they can selectively update any of the controllers with the latest versions.

In my case they did both (just to be sure that the latest version of the software for the ECU was updated).
The firmware update has also reduced engine noise (could also be because of 1st service) and improved pickup (slightly) and mileage (5%). It also increases the idling torque from the engine at low rpms. It is like torque remap, which is more suitable for Indian driving cycle and weather conditions.

In case you need any help/ info do send me a PM.

Regards,
Behemoth
Old 24th October 2011, 15:07   #182
BHPian

Have not heard back from Skoda Service center about th ECU firmware update available and which fixes few of the AC and low end torque issue , they have taken this up with Skoda is what they informed me, I am not sure if this is true or not, I am thinking of taking this up directly with Skoda India. Will write to them about the ECU update and see if they are able to make this available to Service Center.
@Behemoth, can you let me more details about the ECU update so I can write to customer service at Skoda India, it would be great if you have any specific email of Skoda India too.

-Pramod
Old 24th October 2011, 15:29   #183
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Hi Pramod,

Pre-update
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 01: Engine (J623-CLCB) Labels: 03L-906-018-CFF.clb
Part No SW: 03L 906 018 EK HW: 03L 906 018 BR
Component: R4 2,0L EDC H22 6821
Revision: 42H22--- Serial number:
Coding: 00190012040700080000
Shop #: WSC 33361 790 00999
ASAM Dataset: EV_ECM20TDI01103L906018EK 003005
ROD: EV_ECM20TDI01103L906018EK.rod
VCID: 77F7F51B7F56

Post-update

Address 01: Engine (J623-CLCB) Labels: 03L-906-018-CFF.clb
Part No SW: 03L 906 018 EK HW: 03L 906 018 BR
Component: R4 2,0L EDC H22 9482
Revision: 42H22--- Serial number:
Coding: 00190012040700080000
Shop #: WSC 10040 663 88846
ASAM Dataset: EV_ECM20TDI01103L906018EK 003007
ROD: EV_ECM20TDI01103L906018EK.rod
VCID: 77F7F51B7F56

Regards,
Behemoth
Quote:
Have not heard back from Skoda Service center about th ECU firmware update available and which fixes few of the AC and low end torque issue , they have taken this up with Skoda is what they informed me, I am not sure if this is true or not, I am thinking of taking this up directly with Skoda India. Will write to them about the ECU update and see if they are able to make this available to Service Center.
@Behemoth, can you let me more details about the ECU update so I can write to customer service at Skoda India, it would be great if you have any specific email of Skoda India too.

-Pramod
Hi Pramod,

In case the service station there has not received the firmware as a CD, they can also apply an online software update for the engine controller unit. For this, they need the VAS5051 system, with online connection to Skoda servers. If there is a technical advisor there who specializes in the VAS diagnosis support, they will be able to do it. (this person also does the OBD diagnosis and scanning). Ask him to update online Engine Controller #1 from Skoda servers.

Regards,
Behemoth
Old 24th October 2011, 15:42   #184
BHPian

Thanks for the update, I am not sure if their system has ever been online , but no harm in reconfirming that, will give them some time to revert back else will go try and get in touch with Skoda Customer service too.

-Pramod
Old 28th October 2011, 14:38   #185
BHPian

Update: Got my yeti ECU updated today, this update is very specific to AC cooling , it was a small data set update rather than complete engine module, took less than 30 minutes to update the engine control. The data set was already there in the service center VAG machine ready, was to just tell them that my AC is not cooling!
AC cooling has increased after the update, I suggest every Yeti owner need to get this data set updated.

-Pramod
I rechecked with VCDS and the version are same as @Behemoth EDC H22 9482, the previous one was H22 6821

Last edited by pramods : 28th October 2011 at 14:44.
Old 28th October 2011, 21:07   #186
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Update: Got my yeti ECU updated today, this update is very specific to AC cooling , it was a small data set update rather than complete engine module, took less than 30 minutes to update the engine control. The data set was already there in the service center VAG machine ready, was to just tell them that my AC is not cooling!
AC cooling has increased after the update, I suggest every Yeti owner need to get this data set updated.

-Pramod
I rechecked with VCDS and the version are same as @Behemoth EDC H22 9482, the previous one was H22 6821
Thats good news Pramod, and you will feel the difference now in the cooling effectiveness of the AC. This was one of the weak areas of the Yeti and with this update , it has resolved this issue completely. Do keep sharing.
Thanks
Old 7th November 2011, 08:50   #187
BHPian

hi Pramod

in the course of my research for a BT module for the Bolero HU of the Yeti i came across two part numbers. one is the part number that you have installed, namely [COLOR=#002398]VW Bluetooth KIT RCD510 RNS 510 ► 7P6035730C [/COLOR]this costs Rs. 22,000/- if got thru ebay.

there is yet another part number: VW Bluetooth KIT unit 3C8035730B, 5N0035730D. this costs Rs. 14,000/- . would this be compatible..? any idea about this ?

Since the service Manager of Skoda, has assured me that he would do all the mods i desire to have, including the coding, i hope you will be able to help me in case we come across any coding issues ...
Old 7th November 2011, 10:36   #188
BHPian

Skoda India to have come up with Bluetooth add-on for Yeti, they are not the one that I have installed but they are official accessory and would be installed by service center guy, you need to decide I would suggest to go with 9W7 or else with Skoda India accessory.

-Pramod
Old 12th November 2011, 06:19   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Skoda India to have come up with Bluetooth add-on for Yeti, they are not the one that I have installed but they are official accessory and would be installed by service center guy, you need to decide I would suggest to go with 9W7 or else with Skoda India accessory.

-Pramod

Could you please find the part number of the Skoda India BT add-on ? the Service Centres here have no clue about it.
Old 12th November 2011, 19:14   #190
BHPian

Quote:

-Pramod
That's interesting! However poor sods at the Skoda Service in Pune have no idea about this. If you could more details, perhaps I could get blue-tooth enabled when I go for firmware update - hopefully, some time next week.
Old 13th November 2011, 07:22   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SushilBajpai View Post
That's interesting! However poor sods at the Skoda Service in Pune have no idea about this. If you could more details, perhaps I could get blue-tooth enabled when I go for firmware update - hopefully, some time next week.
i have told my dealer that unless i get Blue tooth enabled on the Yeti i wont take the Car and would cancel the booking. that means two cancellations! Mine and Shankars.. Poor Chaps are trying to go great distances to make me a Happy Buyer and have escalated this to their Principals at Aurangabad who have asked me for a time of 48 hours to revert!
Old 13th November 2011, 09:56   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
i have told my dealer that unless i get Blue tooth enabled on the Yeti i wont take the Car and would cancel the booking. that means two cancellations! Mine and Shankars.. Poor Chaps are trying to go great distances to make me a Happy Buyer and have escalated this to their Principals at Aurangabad who have asked me for a time of 48 hours to revert!
Good to get them to work before the sale. If they figure out how that can be done, could I also request you to et all the details so that I could also try and persuade my service station for the same.
Old 13th November 2011, 10:06   #193
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

ho ho!
what fun it is to be able to bargain with these creatures. looks like they really run around when you are planning to spend some big bucks and become their customer.
cheers

Quote:
Old 13th November 2011, 16:04   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
ho ho!
what fun it is to be able to bargain with these creatures. looks like they really run around when you are planning to spend some big bucks and become their customer.
cheers
Shankar! Thats called the power of Collective bargaining. like they say in the TATA Sky ad Poochne main Kya jaata hai. Hopefully by tomorrow evening we should have the Bluetooth issue sorted out

Old 13th November 2011, 18:48   #195
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

thats why GroupOn started. also remember the deals the boys in Aurangabad were able to strike for Beemers and Mercs around a year or two ago?
in our small way lets do the same with Skoda and of course the loan man.
cheers

Quote:
Shankar! Thats called the power of Collective bargaining. like they say in the TATA Sky ad Poochne main Kya jaata hai. Hopefully by tomorrow evening we should have the Bluetooth issue sorted out

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks