Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2012, 10:13   #331
BHPian

re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Good to hear that Pramod. I am sure the leak would have vanished.

Only question that begs attention is why has such a robust component's seal given way so quickly ? One had heard of this in vehicles after completing
1/2L KMs. So a little puzzled. The only thing I can think of is that the European seal and sealant (rubber/silicon/chem compounds) unable to take the Indian conditions ? Not sure.
You should ask for an explanation.
I did probe the service adviser about the cause failure and he was not sure what might have caused this seal to fail! I am not sure till I don't see any trace of oil for 1K kms, I am just hoping this is gone for ever and never comes back, else I would not be able to enjoy the vehicle.

-Pramod
Old 1st February 2012, 10:37   #332
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
I did probe the service adviser about the cause failure and he was not sure what might have caused this seal to fail! I am not sure till I don't see any trace of oil for 1K kms, I am just hoping this is gone for ever and never comes back, else I would not be able to enjoy the vehicle.

-Pramod
The reason often for leakage from the seals is insufficient tightening of the bolts which hold the joint together. Normally Manufacturers specify a torque level for tightening of these bolts. However, in India, as ambient temperatures are higher and vibrations/ jerks (due to potholed roads) are also more, they may need to increase the torque level for the joint bolts. This may also require a change in the O-seal material, if the failure becomes frequent. I hope that this is a one off case, which could be either the seal failure or less tightening of the bolts - will keep a close watch for this also in my Yeti.

I was also reading on Briskoda that there is a recall campaign for vibration damping of Fuel Injection tubes that they are doing on all Yetis (Dec-2010 to Dec 2011 models).

These types of product upgrades are quite common and normally are done automatically by the workshops as part of the campaigns.
I recall that in my old Ford Fiesta, once they had replaced the Air intake (as the older design was too low and water could enter in monsoons).

Regards,
Behemoth
Old 5th February 2012, 13:09   #333
BHPian

Hi Pramods,

Thanks for your putting out all the info on the mods you have done on your Yeti. I have also got my Yeti Elegance now and planning to go for the phone module. I wanted to check with you if you are still happy with the module you are using. My dealer seems a bit reluctant to do the fitting for this module. Could you send me the wiring specs you have for this module? i could use it to get the dealer install it for me. Could you also gimme some pointers as to where I can get the autoswitch from?

TIA,
Sid
Old 7th February 2012, 21:27   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailtosid
Hi Pramods,

Thanks for your putting out all the info on the mods you have done on your Yeti. I have also got my Yeti Elegance now and planning to go for the phone module. I wanted to check with you if you are still happy with the module you are using. My dealer seems a bit reluctant to do the fitting for this module. Could you send me the wiring specs you have for this module? i could use it to get the dealer install it for me. Could you also gimme some pointers as to where I can get the autoswitch from?

TIA,
Sid
The wiring possibly comes with the bluetooth module if not you will need get that separately, they are plug and play the only requirement is to route the wiring from the floor to the behind the music system, the Bluetooth module sits below the driver seat and the wiring runs though the floor board along with other wiring harness, I don't have any images but you would be able to get all these on internet search for 9w7 Bluetooth module and RCD 510 ! The auto light switch for Yeti is not available from Skoda India as there are no other model that use this, you will have to get it either from eBay or online spare part from UK/Germany

-Pramod
pramods is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2012, 14:34   #335
BHPian

Enabled the test mode of Bolero audio system and can see lots of option, this option includes the CAN information which provides the "actual speed" that car notes and not the speed that is show on the console, console speed is optimistic speed that is made to read more to avoid any speed regulation, while he CAN is the accurate speed, the CAN speed is more in line with GPS. At 50 kmph at console CAN display reads 47 (no decimal) and GPS read 47.8.

This CAN information is used by the music system to adjust the speed sensitivity of sound, I knew there must be some way to display but was not able to get that option till now.

-Pramod
Old 14th February 2012, 00:18   #336
BHPian

Finally the 9w7 Bluetooth media enabled, the wiring harness that I got with 9w7 was for 9w3 which was missing the left side audio connection and 9w7 supports A2DP enabling this was generating error as open circuit for left side negative and positive audio connection. Got the wire custom made from a guy in US and connected it myself looking at the pin out diagram from my-tdi blog and now I have everything working. Getting the music system out and connection are quite easy provided you know what you are doing and have tools!
In last few days I have enabled quite a few option in Yeti, the music system internally have option for "some quality" defined for car type specifically Superb, Octavia and Fabia, the Yeti option is default to general, I changed it to Superb, this does seem to have sharpen the music but not sure.
-Pramod
Old 14th February 2012, 11:02   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods
Enabled the test mode of Bolero audio system and can see lots of option, this option includes the CAN information which provides the "actual speed" that car notes and not the speed that is show on the console
how to enable the "test mode " ?and how does one get the bolero system to show the speed?
Old 14th February 2012, 14:28   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
how to enable the "test mode " ?and how does one get the bolero system to show the speed?
If you have VCDS then go to the Bolero music system and in adaptation you have a option for test mode, enable it, once enabled press the setup button till you get the setting option[don't release the button in between], as you press you see the first setting option, second is AM, FM and the third option are the version and others, it takes almost 30-40 sec or more of continuous press, on this scree you will see CAN, press that and there you have speed!

-Pramod
Old 14th February 2012, 15:08   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailtosid View Post
Hi Pramods,

TIA,
Sid
Congratulations Sid. So you got the snow beast. Good for you.

-Siva

(A woodabeen Yeti owner)
Old 17th April 2012, 13:40   #340
Senior - BHPian

Great thread with Nice info on it. Got our work Yeti 4 x 4 Ambition this morning and looking forward to using this after 4 years of 1 lac kms use on a magnum diesel. Daily run is off 70 kms with a weekly trip to lonavla and also trips to Dharwad n Jalna from mumbai.
Cheers
Old 17th April 2012, 18:52   #341
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Hey Pramod!
Good bit of info there! In my stock Yeti Elegance the Auto Volume works perfectly whenever I engage reverse gear - it works whether CD, radio OR Ipod is being used.
Im off on holiday shortly and wonder whether I can get this Blue Tooth thingy and GPS stuff abroad. Lets see - if I do get it I may buy it and come back and make the local dealer sit and fix it up for me!
cheers

SB
Old 23rd April 2012, 10:05   #342
BHPian

Few update, went to near by National Park : Navegoan, this is a small and hilly park with very little or no people, there is a big lake on the out skirt and people go there for bird watching rather in the National Park, Yeti was able to handle the terrain well mostly rocky terrain and used the "off road buttom" it does support the descent very well and allows you to go down without much worry and at your desire speed, it can be down in neutral, 1,2 or 3 gear, in neutral you don't have to use accelerator the vehicle descend at very low speed based on the ASR and internal breaking, while in other gears you have to adjust the speed you want to accelerate you press the accelerator once and that will become the max speed or break to lower the speed and that would become your max speed.

While in "off road" mode the vehicle acceleration characteristic is different, this need to be verified by other, I believe it changes the map and make the vehicle acceleration response slower than the normal, this may be the feeling that I got, can any other owner please confirm this? nonetheless I liked this behavior it was easier to do those rocky terrain this way.

Now comes the problem part I am hearing some clicking noise from the rear right side, not sure from where its coming but it comes only on very rough road and from the rear right corner, checked everything passenger rear door as well as hatch door, everything seems to be ok, my guess is either its from some internal trims or from the hard foam that is there alongside the spare tyre. Any idea and suggestion about this noise?

-Pramod

PS: The last tankful on highway gave me 18.2kmpl, while the Jungle trip (340km) indicated FE is 16.1kmpl this was a mix of high speed, jungle and while returning a very sedate 80kmph speed.

Last edited by pramods : 23rd April 2012 at 10:08.
pramods is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2012, 13:53   #343
VBN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBN View Post
Thanks for the reference. I did some further checks on briskoda. It seems that the Skoda provided roof racks in Europe are better than Thule or any other 3rd party, in terms of fit and aesthetics. Will check with the local dealer what they can offer in India.
I finally went in for a skoda provided carrier. It turned out to be Thule The kit comprises 2 cross roof bars on which the carrier is fitted. The cross roof bars have the words Yeti written on it. The carrier can be removed down if not in regular use, leaving only the cross roof bar. They recommend it so as not to carry dead weight(9kgs).

Here are some photos.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-rack-box.jpg  

Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-rack-fitting-interiors.jpg  

Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-rack-fitting-inner.jpg  

Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-fixing-clips-rack.jpg  

Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-fitted-wrong-position-initially.jpg  

Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-fitting-rack-cross-roof-bar.jpg  

Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-cover-fitting.jpg  

Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-fitting-has-lock.jpg  

Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-covers-yeti-logo.jpg  

Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-cross-roof-bars-correct-position.jpg  

Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-front-view.jpg  

Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-side-view.jpg  

Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-top-view.jpg  

VBN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2012, 00:20   #344
BHPian

Looks good, and they fitted on the roof rail that means no harm to any other body part, this seems like a usable option in case you carry a lot of luggage. The looks and silver color too goes well with white Yeti, am not sure how this will look on color yeti. Thanks for letting the yeti owner know about this option.

-Pramod
Old 26th May 2012, 19:31   #345
BHPian

Currently in Leh, went via Srinagar Zozila was at it worst, Sonamarg was snowed heavily and I was there, Zozila was closed and opened next day end by 6 PM, till now Yeti has behaved nicely, the OEM tires are worst at snow but not that bad on broken road or no road

K -Top

Name:  ForumRunner_20120526_192131.png
Views: 2463
Size:  785.0 KB

Will update once back in connected areas
-Pramod
pramods is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks