Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2012, 22:01   #451
BHPian

re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!

Interesting reviews of your Yeti, Pramod.

I have driven the Yeti before and just love the way that diesel powerhouse pulls the car effortlessly.
However the Yeti I drove had a vibrating clutch pedal which was very uncomfortable at times, is it normal?

I'm planning to buy the Yeti at my hometown, but the top spec is a wallet crunching 18.96 lakh on road. And with the top spec Duster about 6 lakhs less I'm confused about whether to sacrifice the pleasure of the amazing Yeti 4x4 experience and go for the Duster.

I just wonder what wonders the DSG box would've done to the Yeti... Pity this price sensitive market doesn't get the best variants.
Old 20th July 2012, 22:59   #452
BHPian

Its finally here and its an awesome drive, our first german car(technically Czech). Now officially part of the VW group. Now, I'm usually the kind of guy who trundle's along on the last lane at 80 kmsway but in the Yeti, i felt that the engine was begging me to thrash it. Its going to take a little getting used to that felling of the turbo kicking in every time when you're pushed back in your seat. The dimensions of the car are very similar to my previous car(fusion) excepting for the height. The fusion was a base model. The Yeti we got is the elegance so there's a whole lot features & I'm running up & down the user manual to familiarise myself with the car. Posting some pictures of Final Delivery, at Waxoyl India(Headoffice), & at Khandala.Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-8.jpg

Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-9.jpg

Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-4.jpg

Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-7.jpg

Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-3.jpg

Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-5.jpg

Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-2.jpg

Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-6.jpg

Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-1.jpg
autoskooll is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2012, 23:20   #453
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuelInjector
was travelling and got back today. saw an ad in Hindu on discounts from TAFE. called them and one Mr. Shankar picked the phone. he offered me 2.25L discount on 2011 Elegance. On road now comes to ~19.5L.
He also mentioned that Skoda plans to increase their prices by 1L. While on the trip lot of my friends suggested to go for a car that is consistently sold well and has good availability of spare parts.
Do you think this can be an issue with Skoda? am planning to go over to Vinayak motors tomorrow with family as they have not done TD on Yeti.
am a confused man now ~frustrati~.
Great discount on the Yeti Elegance. No other variant is worth buying in my opinion. Highly recommended vehicle by us Yeti owners here.
Go and talk to Hemanth of Vinayak who will help you with your discount and loom after you otherwise.
Mention if you want that I referred you and ask him for the best possible deal and he will look after you.
Cheers.
Old 21st July 2012, 06:16   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuelInjector View Post
was travelling and got back today. saw an ad in Hindu on discounts from TAFE. called them and one Mr. Shankar picked the phone. he offered me 2.25L discount on 2011 Elegance. On road now comes to ~19.5L.
@Fuelinjector. Could you please PM me Shankars Number - the guy you spoke to @ Tafe - Bangalore. also if possible a scan of the Ad.

Last edited by Sunilrj : 21st July 2012 at 06:32.
Old 21st July 2012, 06:48   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj

@Fuelinjector. Could you please PM me Shankars Number - the guy you spoke to @ Tafe - Bangalore. also if possible a scan of the Ad.
Sure Sunilrj. The person's name is Shankar. His number is 9901452573. You can quote my name and that I was enquiring about yeti.
Old 21st July 2012, 09:33   #456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuelInjector View Post
Sure Sunilrj. The person's name is Shankar. His number is 9901452573. You can quote my name and that I was enquiring about yeti.
@FuelInjector. Gave shankar a Call and in True Tafe style he gave me a quote of 20.80!!!
Old 21st July 2012, 09:41   #457
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by haldar_siliguri View Post
I'm planning to buy the Yeti at my hometown, but the top spec is a wallet crunching 18.96 lakh on road. And with the top spec Duster about 6 lakhs less I'm confused about whether to sacrifice the pleasure of the amazing Yeti 4x4 experience and go for the Duster.
2 things come my mind here Haldar.

1. Is the price 18.96 OTR After the 2.25 lac INR discount? If yes, then that is the final price, more or less, and...

2. There is actually very little to compare between the Yeti and the Duster. The Duster is a "built to a price" 2wd, smaller engined, far lesser specced, less powerful and not a very well finished vehicle compared to the Yeti.

The Yeti on the other hand is an international premium SUV with a rockstar engine, superb interiors, amazing 4wd ability and gadgets which rivals much bigger vehicles, and beats them, comprehensively.

Take your pick.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2012, 11:08   #458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoskooll View Post
Its finally here and its an awesome drive, our first german car(technically Czech). Now officially part of the VW group. Now, I'm usually the kind of guy who trundle's along on the last lane at 80 kmsway but in the Yeti, i felt that the engine was begging me to thrash it. Its going to take a little getting used to that felling of the turbo kicking in every time when you're pushed back in your seat. The dimensions of the car are very similar to my previous car(fusion) excepting for the height. The fusion was a base model. The Yeti we got is the elegance so there's a whole lot features & I'm running up & down the user manual to familiarise myself with the car. Posting some pictures of Final Delivery, at Waxoyl India(Headoffice), & at Khandala.
Congrats autoskooll! The German Panzer looks awesome with the fenders. Can you post some more close up pictures of the fenders, the adjoining sections? And do you happen to know the accessory code number of the fenders?
iTNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2012, 11:09   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Is the price 18.96 OTR After the 2.25 lac INR discount?
What discount is that? I hope 18.96 is not including that discount.

Also till how long is this discount there?
Old 21st July 2012, 11:18   #460
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by haldar_siliguri View Post
What discount is that? I hope 18.96 is not including that discount.

Also till how long is this discount there?
There is a discount of INR 2.25 lac on the 2011 Yeti Elegance 4wd models being offered by Skoda and its dealers. Your dealer may not budge when you tell him this the first time but be persistent and you will get it. Look up other Yeti purchase threads where it has been clearly mentioned.

If you do not get it there, come down to Bangalore, purchase it here on a one month TR which comes with every vehicle, drive it back to Siliguri and get it registered.
Old 21st July 2012, 12:42   #461
BHPian

[quote=n.devdath;2846859]There is a discount of INR 2.25 lac on the 2011 Yeti Elegance 4wd models being offered by Skoda and its dealers. Your dealer may not budge when you tell him this the first time but be persistent and you will get it./QUOTE]

Thank you for this information, should help me immensely in swaying towards getting the Top spec Yeti soon...

Regds
Old 21st July 2012, 13:06   #462
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoskooll View Post
The Yeti we got is the elegance
Congratulations!! The newer rims on Elegance look so much better than the previous ones.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2012, 13:30   #463
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoskooll
Its finally here and its an awesome drive, our first german car(technically Czech).
Congratulations Autoskool! Nice set of pictures there. The Yeti looks very much at home

Please do start an ownership review, and drive safe!
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2012, 18:24   #464
BHPian

Some pictures of whats under the skin of the amazing Yeti & at TopGear.
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-1.jpg
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-2.jpg
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-3.jpg
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-4.jpg
autoskooll is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2012, 19:42   #465
BHPian

Someone Please Decode this VIN and tell me from which Angle does it seem to be a 2012 Model Yeti: TMBMDD5L4BA700973

had dropped into Tafe @ mlr and enquired about the Yeti in stock. The Manager tells me that this is a 2012 Model and the Discount is Just 1 Lakh.

a VIN Analysis Gives me the below result
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-slide1.jpg  

Last edited by Sunilrj : 21st July 2012 at 19:46.
Sunilrj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks