Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2012, 15:43   #571
BHPian

re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!

Took delivery of the Yeti on Thursday. Our sales rep. called me in the morning and told me that the delivery will be done at Autobahn's Kurla-Kamani service centre and not at the Prabhadevi showroom. Apparently, this is a new initiative by Skoda where cars will be delivered at service centres so that customers can have a look at the service facilities and get familiar with the staff right from day one of ownership. We were picked-up from our home in a test-drive vehicle and taken to the service centre. A service advisor showed us around the various bays and service areas, after which we took delivery. We were told that our Yeti was the first car sold by Autobahn, which was delivered at the service centre.
I'll post a more detailed write-up and photos when I have some free time.
Old 1st December 2012, 17:04   #572
BHPian

Had my first service last week. The experience was fine. Service center gave the car back by the promised time. Total Bill was 11500 which includes around 1100 for alignment and balancing and another 2500 for Interior cleaning and protection by 3M). If excludes them and tax related to these two, it comes around 7500 which is pretty cool considering a 18 L car.

However there's one problem which couldn't be corrected. I am facing foul smell from AC vents (whenever i starts it) for the first few minutes especially when in the night i run the heater mode and morning runs in AC mode. initially thought that by replacing AC filter should work but seems it's still there. Any suggestions?
abbey4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2012, 17:14   #573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post

However there's one problem which couldn't be corrected. I am facing foul smell from AC vents (whenever i starts it) for the first few minutes especially when in the night i run the heater mode and morning runs in AC mode. initially thought that by replacing AC filter should work but seems it's still there. Any suggestions?
I have the same problem with my cars (All New Honda City and Superb). I don't know if its the same smell that you get, but I get a smell that is similar to damp socks. It happens either when the AC has been just turned OFF or if only the blower is working. It disappears if you leave the heater or AC ON for a while. I am guessing this smell comes from some moisture deposit somewhere due to AC use.

Haven't found a solution to this.

Last edited by mobike008 : 3rd December 2012 at 17:32. Reason: Please avoid using acroynms of cars for benefit of other members
Old 2nd December 2012, 13:25   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac-cobra View Post
I have the same problem with my cars (All New Honda City and Superb). I don't know if its the same smell that you get, but I get a smell that is similar to damp socks. It happens either when the AC has been just turned OFF or if only the blower is working. It disappears if you leave the heater or AC ON for a while. I am guessing this smell comes from some moisture deposit somewhere due to AC use.

Haven't found a solution to this.
Yes, it's seems similar. Not sure what is the solution here

Last edited by GTO : 4th December 2012 at 14:57. Reason: Quoted post edited
Old 2nd December 2012, 14:35   #575
AAK

Hello Experts,
Can I use Castrol Edge 5W-40 SN for my yeti?
Old 4th December 2012, 17:57   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishik View Post
Took delivery of the Yeti on Thursday. Our sales rep. called me in the morning and told me that the delivery will be done at Autobahn's Kurla-Kamani service centre and not at the Prabhadevi showroom. Apparently, this is a new initiative by Skoda where cars will be delivered at service centres so that customers can have a look at the service facilities and get familiar with the staff right from day one of ownership. We were picked-up from our home in a test-drive vehicle and taken to the service centre. A service advisor showed us around the various bays and service areas, after which we took delivery. We were told that our Yeti was the first car sold by Autobahn, which was delivered at the service centre.
I'll post a more detailed write-up and photos when I have some free time.
Congratulations on the Yeti, Hrishik. I assume yours is the first 4X2 Active on the forum. Really looking forward to the pictures of your car. I would appreciate if you could post some pictures of the car before upgrading your HU as there aren't any interior shots of the Active variant on the internet. Thanks and I hope you have a hassle-free ownership experience with the Yeti.
Old 4th December 2012, 19:17   #577
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAK
Hello Experts,
Can I use Castrol Edge 5W-40 SN for my yeti?
Just stick with manufacturer recommendations. Not worth fiddling about in case of inadvertently ending up voiding warranties.
Old 5th December 2012, 01:05   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav667 View Post
Congratulations on the Yeti, Hrishik. I assume yours is the first 4X2 Active on the forum. Really looking forward to the pictures of your car. I would appreciate if you could post some pictures of the car before upgrading your HU as there aren't any interior shots of the Active variant on the internet. Thanks and I hope you have a hassle-free ownership experience with the Yeti.
Thanks a lot Abhinav. I'll post pictures soon, maybe over the weekend. I do not plan to change the HU anytime soon since I am quite happy with the stock system - in fact the sales rep. had specifically asked me to stick with the original system and now I understand why The first few days of driving the Yeti have been sheer pleasure, handling is almost perfect even without ESP, turbo-lag is present but proper gear selection keeps it controlled and the comfort level inside is just amazing. Yesterday night, during some sedate driving on the Eastern Express Highway, fuel consumption bottomed out at 25kmpl for about 10 mins (if one trusts the MID numbers).

Btw, here is another nice initiative by Skoda India. Service appointments can now be booked online. If someone has a Skoda car due for service and uses the web form do let us know your experience. Here is the link -

http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/ind/page...1-55e70371fa84
Old 5th December 2012, 09:29   #579
AAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Just stick with manufacturer recommendations. Not worth fiddling about in case of inadvertently ending up voiding warranties.

Thanks shankar.balan!
Can you suggest any specific sub-brand from Castrol?

E.g. Magnatec / Edge...
and what is the recommended oil for yeti?
In the manual it only say VW 507 spec...
Thanks in advance....
Old 5th December 2012, 17:32   #580
BHPian

Its 2 years today for my Yeti! nothing much to update apart from I am away from my cars since last 3 week and waiting drive my Yeti as soon as possible. Updated my insurance with Bajaj Allianze Zero dep again, hope the next year goes by without using this!

-Pramod

Last edited by pramods : 5th December 2012 at 17:34.
pramods is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2012, 18:24   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
Put one/two small tablets of CAMPHOR in vents. You will get rid of this smell.
Its due to warm/humid conditions which encourages foul smelling bacterial organism's growth. I am using these in Laura. Also its better than usual air fresheners made out of chemicals.
Old 15th January 2013, 00:36   #582
BHPian

Hi All, I expect to be on this thread much much more often now. Have booked a Yeti Ambition 4by4 and expect delivery in a fortnight.
To all those yeti owners out there, I have a couple of questions"

1) Is there any distilled wisdom on how the stock tyres are on the Yeti and should one be planning a Day 1 tyre upgrade/exchange to get the best trade in value for the stock tyres?
2) Any essential accesories? Is there an official dealer accesory list available online somewhere?
Old 15th January 2013, 01:32   #583
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbafett View Post
Hi All, I expect to be on this thread much much more often now. Have booked a Yeti Ambition 4by4 and expect delivery in a fortnight.

1) Is there any distilled wisdom on how the stock tyres are on the Yeti and should one be planning a Day 1 tyre upgrade/exchange to get the best trade in value for the stock tyres?
2) Any essential accesories? Is there an official dealer accesory list available online somewhere?
What kind of discount did you manage to get totally?

Well you can upgrade to Yoko C-Drives in the stock size which will give you a better ride, more silent and better grip in the wet when you need it.

Sunilrj had made a thread on official accessories.
Old 15th January 2013, 06:12   #584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
What kind of discount did you manage to get totally?

Well you can upgrade to Yoko C-Drives in the stock size which will give you a better ride, more silent and better grip in the wet when you need it.

Sunilrj had made a thread on official accessories.
I would advise against Yoko C Drives or any other tyres as the stock Good year Excellence Tyres are Quite good.

To Quote from my ownership Thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...koda-yeti.html

"The OEM Tyres! Bah! much has been spoken about them on Indian car forums, but during my research on the web, found the website (www.tyrereviews.co.uk) which has given the Following ratings for the Tyres which are marginally better than the reviews of the other tyres that i had in mind:
Dry Grip - 77%
Wet Grip - 68%
Road Feedback - 69%
Progressiveness - 68%
Wear - 69%
Comfort - 73%
Buy again - 57%

also these tyres are Made in malaysia and in the 19th week of 2011, so I do not expect the sidewalls to go bust very soon. according to my Tyre dealer friend, these should last me around 30,000 Kms, as compared to Michelin primacy LC which last about 20,000, Bridgestone ER370 which have a life of about 25000 Kms. so as of now i have decided not to have a change of Shoes and Keep the same shoes on, but with Nitrogen"

Quote:

Advance Congratulations on your acquisition.
As regards to your Queries:

1. Stock tyres are the best!
2. Accessories are never Essential. But if you do intend to go in for accessories you may buy the following

a. Door Sill Protectors
b. Rear Bumper Protector
c. Rugged Wheel Arch Extension Kit
d. Chrome Exhaust Tips

i have a thread on the complete Range of Accessories for all Skoda Cars along with the Prices at this link - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...their-mrp.html

As to how much accessorisation you want to have, you should get a fair idea when you go through my Ownership Review
Sunilrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2013, 07:16   #585
BHPian

Quote:

Hi congrats on your purchase. What you will need is a Bluetooth device if you do not have one already.
Carcrazy60 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks