Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2013, 16:50   #631
Senior - BHPian

re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectator View Post
Also, should I look at alternate, third party garages? If so, can anyone guide me to such in Madras, or even Bangalore?
You're out of warranty, so you should. Dont know about MAS and BLR, but COK has a few alternatives to Skoda A.S.S, starting with Pete's.

If you're staring at such a large bill, it is worth taking your vehicle outstation to someone who can actually help. Check out with the gang in BLR, CBE etc before you look at other options.
Old 2nd May 2013, 17:13   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectator View Post
An update! Gurudev Motors has come with an estimate (attached) of Rs 67000 to replace Flywheel and Clutch plates. No mention of Turbo Solenoid at all!!! In so many years of

Regards

Suresh
How many Kms have you done? Flywheels do not wear out soon.
Old 3rd May 2013, 12:46   #633
BHPian

Hi All,

Glad to join the skoda yeti club. I purchased a 2011 Nov (2012 Feb registered) used skoda yeti ambition 4x4 from Cochin. Vehicle is under warranty and in good condition. A few things I observed:
[list=1] Firm on the road and rock-like stable[list=2] Excellent driving position. You can see everything on the road[list=3] In spite of being careful with the clutch, vehicle stalled on me 2-3 times :-) Need to get better with shifting![list=4] There is a squeaky noise from the rear on uneven road. I guess the parcel tray rubbing against the rear door?
  1. The window lock switch isn't working. Roll up and roll down happens in both toggled states. Will show it to the dealer
Old 3rd May 2013, 13:22   #634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajeeshonly View Post
Hi All,

Glad to join the skoda yeti club. I purchased a 2011 Nov (2012 Feb registered) used skoda yeti ambition 4x4 from Cochin. Vehicle is under warranty and in
There is a squeaky noise from the rear on uneven road. I guess the parcel tray rubbing against the rear door?
The window lock switch isn't working. Roll up and roll down happens in both toggled states. Will show it to the dealer
Congratulations. Welcome to the club. May the tribe grow and prosper!
Old 3rd May 2013, 16:39   #635

Hi Ajeesh,
Congrats on your buy, did you bought the car from Carnation Kochi by any chance.
If it is the same, you have a very clean vehicle in your hand.
Would you mind disclosing the purchase price.
Old 3rd May 2013, 22:22   #636
BHPian

Hi harish, you guessed it right. I had to pay 12.6 final. Did you check it out too?
ajeeshonly is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2013, 13:35   #637

Hi Ajeesh, That is a good deal. The price offered to me was 13.25 (on 15th April).
Unfortunately I had to return back to my work place and was not able to proceed with the deal.
I did a check on the vehicle through a friend who works at Marikar Kalamassery. He said the vehicle records was clean.
Old 4th May 2013, 22:07   #638
BHPian

Ahh sorry about that :-).The tyres need to be changed, I went through this forum and found that yokohama c drives come much recommended. Couldn't find any accessory dealer in cochin who knows to fit a usb port for the music system. I'm so used to the usb and steering audio controls on my honda city. Thats the only thing that I miss on the yeti.
Old 6th May 2013, 12:21   #639
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Couldn't find any accessory dealer in cochin who knows to fit a usb port for the music system. I'm so used to the usb and steering audio controls on my honda city. Thats the only thing that I miss on the yeti.
http://vagtune.in/index.php?option=c...16,19,35,41,57

www.vagtune.in

Also see this if you have some money lying around to spend...

http://vagtune.in/index.php?option=c...category_id=20
Steeroid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2013, 13:05   #640
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ahh sorry about that :-).The tyres need to be changed, I went through this forum and found that yokohama c drives come much recommended. Couldn't find any accessory dealer in cochin who knows to fit a usb port for the music system. I'm so used to the usb and steering audio controls on my honda city. Thats the only thing that I miss on the yeti.
Hi Ajeesh,

In case you have difficulty in sourcing the Yoko C-Drives (in Stock size), you can also go in for Pirelli P7, which are also very good. On CMT, they are available for 8280 each. (You can scout around for better prices)
http://www.changemytyre.com/Car/Tyres/Pirelli/P7/2492

Tyre change is 100% worth it, as the Goodyear stock tyres are really noisy and also lack road grip, especially at higher speeds.

Regards,
Behemoth
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2013, 13:23   #641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60 View Post
How many Kms have you done? Flywheels do not wear out soon.
Thanks. Yes, I have never had to replace a flywheel in any car. My car has done about 37k. After much 'to'ing and 'fro'ing, Skoda India agreed tp replace the flywheel under goodwill warranty. Gurudev has said my clutch plates need replacement. I have never experienced any problems with my clutch, ass in slipping, excessive play, drop in mileage or whatever....but I have no recourse except to agree for the replacement. My billis now expected to be 25k!

I drive 120-140kmph..change gears frequently and so am usually in the appropriate gear, I do not ridethe clutch.... I wiuld be quite curious to know others experiences, as many would be approaching similar readings on the odo.
Old 6th May 2013, 13:57   #642
BHPian

@Spectator, mine is at 26th thousand on the odo. No problems so far.
Old 6th May 2013, 19:14   #643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
I again faced problems with Ac today. One thing whenever i was in bumper traffic, it was not cooling well. Only at decent speed and open roads it was working. Gave a call to SA and he asked me to bring the car on thursday and said that i will have to leave the car as it may be compressor problem (going by the symptoms) which will need to be replaced. Lets see what's in store for me this time.
Update..After keeping the car for 3 days they and multiple communication with skoda technical, all they was some cleaning and software update. Ac feels much better now. It was 42.5 C today and cabin was chilled in a matter of 10 min. I am guessing they must have added some Ac gas as well
Old 10th May 2013, 10:39   #644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
[list=4] There is a squeaky noise from the rear on uneven road. I guess the parcel tray rubbing against the rear door?
  1. The window lock switch isn't working. Roll up and roll down happens in both toggled states. Will show it to the dealer
for the squeaky noise - get the rear bush / suspension checked - I don't think it will be a parcel tray.

For the window lock - if you lock it - the drive will still have control over the windows - its only the rear passengers who cannot open/close it when the lock is enabled.
madan80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2013, 12:19   #645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
for the squeaky noise - get the rear bush / suspension checked - I don't think it will be a parcel tray.

For the window lock - if you lock it - the drive will still have control over the windows - its only the rear passengers who cannot open/close it when the lock is enabled.
Thank you @madan80. Figured out the windows thingie, its a non-issue. Honda city locks all windows other than the driver. In Skoda, it locks only the rear ones.

Suspension... hope there's nothing major. I will show it at the service center. Soon. Will update on the forum about the outcome.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks