Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2013, 14:08   #601
BHPian

re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
About 10 days ago, for any Yeti 4x4, from Autobahn. Didn't ask the year but he said these are in stock at the plant so can't be too old.
Does anyone on this forum has news on when does Skoda plan to launch the facelifted Yeti with DSG? I have been waiting for an year for that but if it is still going to take time, I may as well buy the new T Fort with 5 gear AT
Old 7th February 2013, 00:19   #602
BHPian

Very pleased to see such impressive fuel economy figures. I actually pulled over to take this picture.
Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-image1108782471.jpg
Old 7th February 2013, 09:14   #603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajit_72 View Post
Does anyone on this forum has news on when does Skoda plan to launch the facelifted Yeti with DSG? I have been waiting for an year for that but if it is still going to take time, I may as well buy the new T Fort with 5 gear AT
I would stay away from any VW DSG if I were you. There seem to be way too many issues on the DSG equipped VWs. You may be better off with the Toyota if you require an automatic.
Old 19th March 2013, 11:09   #604
BHPian

Hi Pramod,

I was always impressed with the mods you have done on your snow monster. Now that I had completed 1 year with mine, I was planning to do some modifications. Could you please put up a list of mods that you have done so far as well as the simplicity of getting them done thru the A** here? I ask to know what all can be done by the A** directly and what needs to be done via ROSSTec.

Thanks,
Sid
Old 22nd March 2013, 11:01   #605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailtosid View Post
Hi Pramod,

I was always impressed with the mods you have done on your snow monster. Now that I had completed 1 year with mine, I was planning to do some modifications. Could you please put up a list of mods that you have done so far as well as the simplicity of getting them done thru the A** here? I ask to know what all can be done by the A** directly and what needs to be done via ROSSTec.

Thanks,
Sid
Most of them can be done via Service Center, provided they know what they are doing, while RossTech tool is easier to handle and make the changes. Some of my changes need external parts that need to be ordered.
I have Bluetooth phone, auto headlight, Cruise Control and Tyre pressure monitoring(without reset switch) I may get the switch some day that will eliminate the software based reset every time.

-Pramod
Old 9th April 2013, 15:35   #606
BHPian

I had earlier posted about my failed EGR Cooler on Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures thread. I am now moving here as this thread seems more appropriate.
On my first long drive after replacement of the EGR Cooler, yesterday on my return journey from Salem while driving at about 120 kmph, suddenly the glow plug system warning lamp flashed again and the car was put on the 'safe' mode and I had to continue to drive slowly, as I was in the middle of nowhere. After about 15kms, I reached the BP (COCO) station near Thoppur and decided to tank up and also have a spot of breakfast. When I resumed, the warning lamp went away and I could drive again at 110-120 to reach Madras safely. Today I took the car to Gurudev Motors and they told me that the Turbo Solenoid has a problem! (VAS APPLIED AND FOUND TURBO SOLENOID BOOT CONTROL VALVE NEEDS REPLACEMENT - is the official diagnosis) I spoke to one Mukul Borkar from Skoda Auto and he said that every care will be taken to attend to my car. Since I am leaving abroad in the next couple of days I did not want to leave the car there. I go back on April 29th. Now is this not also related to the EGR system? I would have thought that the turbo would have been driven by the exhaust gases. Could it be that they have mishandled something during that major repair 700 kms ago? Can someone please enlighten me?
Old 11th April 2013, 20:20   #607
BHPian

I have no idea if the service guys have screwed the turbo, but it's possible you may want to ask them why the error got autocorrected ? Sometime they are symptoms of imminent failure but most of the time they are indication of loose connection mostly after overhaul of some parts!

The temp here in Nagpur is touching 44 and today I felt that my Yeti AC was erratic, at one instance I feel cool air and other it was like no air at all, the AC was set at 22 and the car was still not cool and the temp within was uncomfortably warm for 22, this happened in afternoon drive after the car was parked in direct sun for 4 hours.

Have anybody felt this way ? In morning when the outside temp was around 38 I have to increase the internal setting from 22 to 24 because its was cooling enough to make my co passenger uncomfortable !

Just to let you the engine status, I was able to get the consolidated average of 17.4 with 830km of running this including 90 percent of highway running and 10 percent of worst city driving in 1-2 gear! 100% AC , I drive my Yeti with AC always on.

Last edited by pramods : 11th April 2013 at 20:24.
pramods is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 20:33   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoskooll View Post
Very pleased to see such impressive fuel economy figures. I actually pulled over to take this picture.
Here is a similar figure from my Yeti.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130411_203152.png
Views: 1367
Size:  421.2 KB

Does anyone have an idea about the algorithm used to compute the instantaneous fuel average?
hrishik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 21:04   #609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishik View Post

Here is a similar figure from my Yeti.

Does anyone have an idea about the algorithm used to compute the instantaneous fuel average?
I don't know the algorithm for instantaneous fuel average but the average shown on the MDI is actually 10% better than the actual tank to tank real method! You can correct this figure via VCDS tool and make it show the real figure every time, at least I have done that, this way I am sure the average shown on my MDI are correct. The best you get is when you are in 5 gear and around 1.7k rpm with speed around 85kmph. Around this range if you are crushing on a great surface without much incline/decline you would see the instantaneous figure in range on 26-30kmpl!

Do let me know about your AC observation, Skoda AC was a suspect and they did replace lots of Yeti and Laura AC for some internal fault, I did check with them last year and they checked the AC and told me mine compressor is working fine, the AC effect does get effected by pollen filter , I am not sure if that is the case this time, because if the pollen filter are blocked then the air through get reduced and I don't see that happening now, possibly will take the car to service center on coming Saturday.
Old 11th April 2013, 21:26   #610
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Do let me know about your AC observation, Skoda AC was a suspect and they did replace lots of Yeti and Laura AC for some internal fault, I did check with them last year and they checked the AC and told me mine compressor is working fine, the AC effect does get effected by pollen filter , I am not sure if that is the case this time, because if the pollen filter are blocked then the air through get reduced and I don't see that happening now, possibly will take the car to service center on coming Saturday.
My Yeti's Ac also has been behaving erratically since the past 15 days. I got it checked and the Gurgaon workshop guys say the compressor has failed and is not building enough pressure. Fortunately I had taken extended warranty and they have requested for a new compressor from factory. Been 10 days since, but no sign of the replacement yet. I have also escalated to Skoda officials but it is still taking time. Get your Ac compressor checked too as it typically takes 15 days to get the part and the summers are fast getting hot.
Anshuman also had the same problem on his Laura and it also took him nearly 3 weeks to get fixed.
Skoda warranty approval and spare part ordering is really too slow and needs drastic improvement.

Last edited by Behemoth : 11th April 2013 at 21:30.
Old 11th April 2013, 22:01   #611
BHPian

The AC on my Yeti is average. But I was aware that Skoda ACs are not quite upto the mark for Indian conditions before I bought the car. So I can't complain too much. But I had an issue where the car had become sluggish especially in lower gears with perceived increase in harshness. I was advised by people on tbhp to check the fuel quality. I do not know how these are connected but there was a marked improvement in the engine behavior after I got the AC filter (not the engine air intake filter) cleaned. The SA told me that the filter was totally clogged with dust. Did you get your AC air filter cleaned recently?
Old 11th April 2013, 22:58   #612
BHPian

Quote:
I have no idea if the service guys have screwed the turbo, but it's possible you may want to ask them why the error

Just to let you the engine status, I was able to get the consolidated average of 17.4 with 830km of running this including 90 percent of highway running and 10 percent of worst city driving in 1-2 gear! 100% AC , I drive my Yeti with AC always on.
These are very impressive figures. On my last long run I managed to get average of must 14.75 with most of the distance run between 90 and 110 Kms/hr. I was expecting a lot more. The air was clogged badly and was cleaned at the 7000km mark. This average is the tank to tank method.
Old 12th April 2013, 09:35   #613
BHPian

Looks like a visit to service center is required now, Skoda AC compressor seems to be too weak for Indian summer, last year I have travelled in around 48 C temp and it was ok, nonetheless no harm in getting it checked once for all, I too have the extended warranty on my Yeti.
Old 12th April 2013, 18:59   #614
BHPian

Quote:

The temp here in Nagpur is touching 44 and today I felt that my Yeti AC was erratic, at one instance I feel cool air and other it was like no air at all, the AC was set at 22 and the car was still not cool and the temp within was uncomfortably warm for 22, this happened in afternoon drive after the car was parked in direct sun for 4 hours.
I too felt similar couple of days ago. Then i did a little juggling with Air circulation (internal/external) and moved the Ac knob to 18. However its fine after that.
Old 13th April 2013, 00:17   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post

I too felt similar couple of days ago. Then i did a little juggling with Air circulation (internal/external) and moved the Ac knob to 18. However its fine after that.
I didn't try out anything else, maybe just something with setting and hope something like this should be the reason as in the morning it was perfect. Have not driven the car today will tryout tomorrow after noon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks