Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2013, 17:24   #661
BHPian

Have a new problem now. Vehicle is not cranking. Upon two to three attempts of long key twists, yeti starts up. I thought it was battery problem, but ignition lights power windows and remote all are working. What could be the problem? First time I got warning tone for abs. Another time the steering wheel indicator light on the console glowed. Now the auto down and up of driver side window is not functioning. Any ideas?
Old 3rd July 2013, 17:36   #662
Team-BHP Support

re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajeeshonly View Post
Have a new problem now. Vehicle is not cranking. Upon two to three attempts of long key twists, yeti starts up. I thought it was battery problem, but ignition lights power windows and remote all are working. What could be the problem? First time I got warning tone for abs. Another time the steering wheel indicator light on the console glowed. Now the auto down and up of driver side window is not functioning. Any ideas?
Seems like a battery problem to me. The windows and all will work because they use much less power than the starter. Do get it checked up.

The auto up down will need to be re-enabled, I think you have to pull the switch up and keep it pulled up in the auto slot till the window goes all the way up, and then for a second or 2 longer.
Akshay1234 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2013, 20:51   #663
BHPian

The service center (Tafe Access) agreed to replace the battery on warranty.

Another problem is the annoying rattle from the rear. All the doors seem to rattle (creaky noise) on uneven roads. On a smooth tarmac, there is no rattle.
Old 3rd July 2013, 21:27   #664
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Another problem is the annoying rattle from the rear. All the doors seem to rattle (creaky noise) on uneven roads. On a smooth tarmac, there is no rattle.
Is the rattle from a seat? It could be something loose in the boot. Also the creaking from the doors can be easily stopped, buy this thing called Gummi Pflege, you will get it online. It'll cost about $20, apply it on the rubber beadings around the doors, and on the felt lining on top. It'll take care of the noise for a few months.
Akshay1234 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 10:00   #665
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Hi Ajeesh
The door creaking is a very common issue on all Yeti's. If you go back a few pages on my thread, I have shared the solution to this problem. It is quite easy to solve with silicone spray lubricant or teflon lubricant.
Old 4th July 2013, 14:31   #666
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post

Hi Ajeesh
The door creaking is a very common issue on all Yeti's. If you go back a few pages on my thread, I have shared the solution to this problem. It is quite easy to solve with silicone spray lubricant or teflon lubricant.
The sound of rubber beadings rubbing together has popped up on my Xuv after the ladakh trip. Any idea where to get silicon spray lubricant in Gurgaon.
Old 4th July 2013, 15:57   #667
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
The sound of rubber beadings rubbing together has popped up on my Xuv after the ladakh trip. Any idea where to get silicon spray lubricant in Gurgaon.
These are quite difficult to get in physical stores, but available quite easily in online stores, sharing two links below from which you can order:
http://carkhana.com/index.php/catalo...pray+lubricant

http://www.changemytyre.com/Accessor...Lubricant/2848

Regards,
Behemoth
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2013, 21:40   #668
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Anyone has faced issues with their Yetis yet with their coolant? My car suddenly gave me a message "Coolant level low" while starting the car one fine morning. I topped it up with around 100 ml of water and after 2 days I get the message back. I filled it again with water and planning to take it to the ASC tomorrow, not sure what surprises I have in store for tomorrow. Anyone else shares the same experiences??

Thanks,
Sid
Old 17th August 2013, 07:41   #669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailtosid View Post
Hi Guys,

Anyone has faced issues with their Yetis yet with their coolant? My car suddenly gave me a message "Coolant level low" while starting the car one fine morning.

Thanks,
Sid

Not on my Yeti but read something similar on Karan's thread.. It may be helpful.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3200235
Old 17th August 2013, 16:46   #670
BHPian

Thanks for the info!

I had been to the ASC today and they confirmed that there is a leakage, but they wanted to keep the car for the day to inspect. I had to travel out of town and hence have booked the appointment for later this week. Lets see what they find out. I was also told by the SA that this is the first case of coolant leakage that he has come across between Yeti's and Lauras, though I see this to be quite common at briskoda. Not sure if he was speaking the truth, anyways will update you guys later on the findings.

TC,
Sid
Old 22nd August 2013, 16:20   #671
BHPian

The car wash boy broke the ticket holder fixed to the windscreen. Any easy way to fix it back? I dont trust the A.S.S guys.
Old 22nd August 2013, 16:54   #672
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I dont trust the A.S.S guys.

Yes, that's correct.
Ask the A.S.S. not to worry about it.

The best way to handle this is to ignore it - that's what I have been doing since last 3 years. Mine broke and came off within first 6 months. I have kept it in the stowage area below the steering - for old memory sake...
Old 22nd August 2013, 17:32   #673
BHPian

Sad that is.. I am so used to it, been very handy in malls and on toll roads.
Old 28th August 2013, 11:07   #674
BHPian

The ac cooling power on the yeti went down drastically in the past few days. Even setting the fan speed in 3, and cooler to maximum isn't cooling the cabin after waiting for 15-20 minutes. What could have gone wrong? AC is still working, only that the cooling is much much lesser.
Old 28th August 2013, 12:16   #675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailtosid View Post
Hi Guys,

Anyone has faced issues with their Yetis yet with their coolant? My car suddenly gave me a message "Coolant level low" while starting the car one fine morning. I topped it up with around 100 ml of water and after 2 days I get the message back. I filled it again with water and planning to take it to the ASC tomorrow, not sure what surprises I have in store for tomorrow. Anyone else shares the same experiences??

Thanks,
Sid
You mentioned the error to be "Coolant level low" and you added water? Arent you supposed to top it up with the correct coolant?

Quote:
The ac cooling power on the yeti went down drastically in the past few days. Even setting the fan speed in 3, and cooler to maximum isn't cooling the cabin after waiting for 15-20 minutes. What could have gone wrong? AC is still working, only that the cooling is much much lesser.
I believe there is a new control valve that's being replaced free of cost. This was done for my Laura and the climate control performance is way ahead. You could check with your dealer on this. Clogging of the pollen filter can also result in this.
nitinbose is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks