Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2014, 22:32   #796
BHPian

re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!

It's run about 90K Kilometers.

Did'nt "feel" like a clutch issue, the clutch pedal feels (and felt) absolutely normal, its not too hard to depress and there isn't any excessive play etc. Both post and pre this isolated incident, gears slot in without trouble.

My hunch is that its just some valve or cable that stuck due to poor lubrication/changing weather. Lets hope it is

Will post updates as soon as a resolution is arrived at
Old 6th September 2014, 21:13   #797
BHPian

An update on my Yeti, my car was standing for more than a month and thought of cleaning the windshield, as I opened the bonnet to fill windshield wash water came the unwanted surprise, lots of thin chewed plastic particle all over the engine cover and around the headlight assembly. This is the worst nightmare for any car owner "Rats" , they have made an entry and have chewed lots of plastic parts in my Yeti in last 30 days! I don't see any electrical wires cut any where but can't be sure. Rats chewed the rubber bidding around windscreen and bonnet to make an entry and from there they chewed lots of plastics to enter the engine, have placed rat killer cake all across the bonnet and hoping it works.

-Pramod
pramods is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2014, 16:55   #798

Quote:
Originally Posted by adisag View Post
It's run about 90K Kilometers.

Did'nt "feel" like a clutch issue, the clutch pedal feels (and felt) absolutely normal, its not too hard to depress and there isn't any excessive play etc. Both post and pre this isolated incident, gears slot in without trouble.

My hunch is that its just some valve or cable that stuck due to poor lubrication/changing weather. Lets hope it is

Will post updates as soon as a resolution is arrived at
I feel that this might be due one of weak clutch slave cylinder or clutch master cylinders. Due to weak sealing in either cylinder clutch might have got stuck in pressure plate
Old 7th September 2014, 21:39   #799
VBN
BHPian

Rats are a menace all over. My friend'a Vitara's fuel cable connector was chewed by rats thereby showing empty tank and non starting. The cable had to be replaced for the car to restart.
Old 8th September 2014, 09:17   #800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakvaid View Post
I feel that this might be due one of weak clutch slave cylinder or clutch master cylinders. Due to weak sealing in either cylinder clutch might have got stuck in pressure plate
I had thought the same, but the Skoda A.S.S could not find any fault, and after keeping the car for a full day, returned it saying they could find nothing out of place. I have since driven the car for ~ 1200 km - 200ish km in urban areas, and a quick 1000 km dash to the hills on the weekend. No sign of any trouble with clutch/gearshift (though I did run into some tire trouble http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post3526018
Old 18th December 2014, 10:50   #801
BHPian

Its been more than 4 years with Yeti, since last 2 years was not able to drive much. I sold my daily ride Yamaha R15 and instead using my Yeti, now the distance between my home to office is changing on regular basis and have been able to put on some miles on odo and started liking the drive more. Weekends are mostly dedicated to long ride on Tiger Explorer.

Hope I am able to drive more, I have been hearing some sneak from the rear break[only when pressed lightly) this sneak disappears once the brake are pressed hard, brake work flawlessly though. Any suggestion? not sure if it break pad as I see it still have life in it.

-Pramod
pramods is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2014, 16:27   #802
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Its been more than 4 years with Yeti, since last 2 years was not able to drive much. I sold my daily ride Yamaha R15 and instead using my Yeti, now the distance between my home to office is changing on regular basis and have been able to put on some miles on odo and started liking the drive more. Weekends are mostly dedicated to long ride on Tiger Explorer.

Hope I am able to drive more, I have been hearing some sneak from the rear break[only when pressed lightly) this sneak disappears once the brake are pressed hard, brake work flawlessly though. Any suggestion? not sure if it break pad as I see it still have life in it.

-Pramod
The Brake pads tend to become hard due to the continuous compressive forces over time. The squeaky noise on braking is typically because of their becoming too hard - even if they have not worn out, it is a good idea to get them changed if you have covered more than 50,000 Kms on your Yeti.
I also got my brake pads changed (front ones at 40K and rear ones at 50K kms). The braking effectiveness improved drastically especially when I changed the front ones.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2014, 17:12   #803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
The Brake pads tend to become hard due to the continuous compressive forces over time. The squeaky noise on braking is typically because of their becoming too hard ------.
Have not driven the car much in last 2 years[just 4K], the current odo is 35K only, I believe there is some life left in brake pads, nonetheless will gets it changed if the noise increases.

Have anyone changed the haldex clutch fluid yet, its supposed to be changed at 60K?

-Pramod

Last edited by pramods : 30th December 2014 at 17:14. Reason: Haldex clutch fluid question
Old 30th December 2014, 23:17   #804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Have anyone changed the haldex clutch fluid yet, its supposed to be changed at 60K?

Did my 60K service recently and this was not renewed. It doesn't say haldex clutch fluid renewal in their 60K maintenance schedule for Yeti.
Old 2nd January 2015, 21:57   #805
BHPian

Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review)

Surprising, as far as I know it's supposed to be changed at 60K service. For sure haldex gearbox are not sealed for life and the oil is required to be changed. I need to look into original service manual for more details, will update once I have it, request others to check and update too

-Pramod

Last edited by pramods : 2nd January 2015 at 21:58.
Old 2nd January 2015, 23:36   #806
BHPian

Just checked the maintenance manual for Yeti and it says Haldex oil change every 3 years! So it should have been changed during my service done in Dec 2013. Don't remember if it was done. Have to check and confirm same. Here is the page from the manual for reference.

Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1420221941.205298.jpg
Old 3rd January 2015, 18:13   #807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
Just checked the maintenance manual for Yeti and it says Haldex oil change every 3 years! So it should have been changed during my service done in Dec 2013. Don't remember if it was done. Have to check and confirm same. Here is the page from the manual for reference.

Attachment 1323630
I am sure this has not been done on my Yeti, my 4th year service has also been done and no Haldex oil changed. Looks like either the service center are not trained enough(may be too complex for them) or it may be an optional item. I remember reading some of 60K kms and that's why this question.
Old 22nd March 2015, 21:04   #808
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

My yeti has barely crossed 28K Kms but I also don't remember from the 3rd year service in November that the Haldex Oil has been changed.
I have shot off an email to the service agency to find out.
Lets see what they say!
Thank you for bringing this up!
Old 23rd March 2015, 13:34   #809
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
My yeti has barely crossed 28K Kms but I also don't remember from the 3rd year service in November that the Haldex Oil has been changed.
I have shot off an email to the service agency to find out.
Lets see what they say!
Thank you for bringing this up!
My service centre didn't have it in stock either for the 4th service either. Asked them to order it, and will be sending the car sometime soon to get it done.
Old 23rd March 2015, 14:11   #810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Asked them to order it, and will be sending the car sometime soon to get it done.
I am thinking of doing the same as soon as I am back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks