Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2013, 17:13   #646
BHPian

re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!

Have given my Yeti for 3rd service, this time I left it in the service center and will go in evening to pick the vehicle, wanted to be personally there but have to leave, hope things would be fine, talked about the AC firmware update but they were not aware of that, but they mentioned that some components related to tank fuel pump and Skoda logo will be changed as that's the mandate from Skoda, just heard that rapid driver seat have some manufacturing defect and there is some bulletin to fix that too.

Hope nothing go wrong after service, have advice them not to change the air filter as it was changed 5k back only!

-Pramod
Old 18th May 2013, 20:30   #647
BHPian

Got the car back, good news Skoda has updated them about AC software update, but he process and procedure is not passed on, as per Nagpur service Center is going to be at from Tuesday, they will call individual car later.
Oil and filter changes, the service cost came to Rs 9189 , will update how it goes after some drive

-Pramod
Old 20th May 2013, 17:02   #648
BHPian

Hi Behemoth
which workshop do you generally take your Yeti to?
Even my Yeti has started showing cooling issues and fahrenheit moti nagar are giving an appointment for only the 28th!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Yes, in some case it does require AC compressor replacement too. In My Yeti the compressor has also been replaced (just 2 weeks back). I think it is Jan 2010-Mar 2011 batch Yetis which are affected. These have the typical N80 variable refrigerant flow valve, which tends to stick and also requires a min pressure of 21 PSI to open. They are changing this to a new version compressor, which uses a different valve design and also there is no minimum pressure requirement to open (so cooling starts immediately after switchon).

Regards,
Behemoth
Old 20th May 2013, 19:07   #649
BHPian

I am observing black soot-like coating on the wheels, after a 150 km drive. It is seen only on the front wheel rim. Could it be some kind of oil leakage, or breakpad wearing out? It's significantly dense, so that when I wipe it using the finger, that portion shows up the original alloy's shine.
Old 21st May 2013, 06:40   #650
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajeeshonly View Post
I am observing black soot-like coating on the wheels, after a 150 km drive. It is seen only on the front wheel rim. Could it be some kind of oil leakage, or breakpad wearing out? It's significantly dense, so that when I wipe it using the finger, that portion shows up the original alloy's shine.
It's just brake dust, nothing to worry about at all.
Old 21st May 2013, 06:49   #651
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
I get this all the time right from the beginning, especially after a longer drive than my normal daily city commute. It is nothing but brake dust. Nothing to worry about.
I ve hardly hit 16500 kms in my Yeti this one and a half years of ownership. My monthly driving average has come down sharply indeed!
Old 21st May 2013, 08:11   #652
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiorano88 View Post
Hi Behemoth
which workshop do you generally take your Yeti to?
Even my Yeti has started showing cooling issues and fahrenheit moti nagar are giving an appointment for only the 28th!!!
I take my Yeti to Giriraj motors Gurgaon. But that is also quite overloaded these days too and one has to take an appointment at least 10 days in advance. Better that you stay with Fahrenheit motors as the service experience there is supposed to be better.
Old 21st May 2013, 13:22   #653
BHPian

Another question, not sure if it has already been answered. The tyre pressure values listed on the fuel tank flap looks greek to me . What is the the pressure needed in layman terms?
Old 21st May 2013, 18:36   #654
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Another question, not sure if it has already been answered. The tyre pressure values listed on the fuel tank flap looks greek to me . What is the the pressure needed in layman terms?
32 psi all round for low loading use. In case of heavy loading 34 front and 36 in rear is good on the Yeti.
Behemoth is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2013, 15:36   #655
BHPian

Something unfortunate and something that I have been dreading happened just now. My yeti stalled while driving. Engine starts and runs fine but on engaging the gear, it stalls as if when the fuel tank is empty. Also a burning smell when driving on gear. Called their roadside assistance. Waiting to be towed to thrissur vision motors.
Old 30th May 2013, 18:14   #656
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Something unfortunate and something that I have been dreading happened just now. My yeti stalled while driving. Engine starts and runs fine but on engaging the gear, it stalls as if when the fuel tank is empty. Also a burning smell when driving on gear. Called their roadside assistance. Waiting to be towed to thrissur vision motors.
Hi Ajeesh
Do recheck that the handbrake is disengaged properly as this can happen due to that. If that is fine, it could be because of brakes getting jammed.
Hope it is fixed quickly!
Old 30th May 2013, 19:25   #657
BHPian

@Behemoth, I had the vehicle carried on a flat bed to vision motors thrissur. From the initial diagnosis, the service engineer sreejith says that it could be a broken hose to the engine. And due to incomplete combustion the unburnt gases are causing the smell from the exhaust. I also observed that engine is losing power even while idling. So his explanation makes sense. There was a minor bottom hit during an offroad session the other day. Anyway they will do diagnosis tomorrow and call me. Will keep you posted.
Old 30th May 2013, 20:06   #658
BHPian

I have given my yeti for 30k service, now they have done throttle body and EGR valve cleaning which i am not sure should be done now. However the Advisor mentioned he can show in service schedule which they have from skoda.

Secondly, My AC issue continue to give me some hot summer days and i have raised it again. Now what should be my next step? Should i raise it to skoda directly or wait for this time around. Car is already with them from yesterday and as of today afternoon, general service is done and they are working on AC. The compressor is opened and they refilling oil/gas and following with skoda technical
Old 31st May 2013, 14:28   #659
BHPian

Got a call from Sreejith (Vision Skoda), he said the turbo hose had gotten disconnected. He has fixed it. There was oil leakage also, so he topped up the oil as well. I'll pick up the vehicle by evening, and post the feedback.

He tried to coax me into buying 3M treatment. I said no :-)
Old 2nd June 2013, 02:29   #660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
I have given my yeti for 30k service, now they have done throttle body and EGR valve cleaning which i am not sure should be done now. However the Advisor mentioned he can show in service schedule which they have from skoda.

Secondly, My AC issue continue to give me some hot summer days and i have raised it again. Now what should be my next step? Should i raise it to skoda directly or wait for this time around. Car is already with them from yesterday and as of today afternoon, general service is done and they are working on AC. The compressor is opened and they refilling oil/gas and following with skoda technical
Update. The compressor has to be replaced and is ordered. Will take a week to arrive

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks