Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2012, 19:44   #346
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods

While in "off road" mode the vehicle acceleration characteristic is different, this need to be verified by other, I believe it changes the map and make the vehicle acceleration response slower than the normal, this may be the feeling that I got, can any other owner please confirm this? nonetheless I liked this behavior it was easier to do those rocky terrain this way.

-Pramod

PS: The last tankful on highway gave me 18.2kmpl, while the Jungle trip (340km) indicated FE is 16.1kmpl this was a mix of high speed, jungle and while returning a very sedate 80kmph speed.
Yes in off road mode the acceleration characteristics are significantly slowed down. It is meant to keep the acceleration constant so as not to stall and to be able to hold on to the momentum while traversing no road areas. This behaviour also helps maximize both the traction in all the wheels where needed as well as help with the constant torque and luggability so as to be able to pull the vehicle out of tight situations if encountered. It is an amazingly intelligent system indeed!

Your FE seems phenomenal. On the last tankful, My Yeti has returned 14.4 kmpl in normal city driving conditions with AC on.
Old 26th May 2012, 20:53   #347
BANNED

re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Your FE seems phenomenal. On the last tankful, My Yeti has returned 14.4 kmpl in normal city driving conditions with AC on.
Sorry to barge in but "city conditions" in Nagpur are far far better than "city conditions" at Bangalore and I say this out of my multiple road trips to Nagpur and beyond hence the comparatively better FE IMO.

OT: How I wish the Yeti was a spacious 5 seater and slightly bigger vehicle on the outside, I 'd have gone for it with my eyes closed.
Old 27th May 2012, 00:06   #348
vij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Sorry to barge in but "city conditions" in Nagpur are far far better than "city conditions" at Bangalore and I say this out of my multiple road trips to Nagpur and beyond hence the comparatively better FE IMO.

OT: How I wish the Yeti was a spacious 5 seater and slightly bigger vehicle on the outside, I 'd have gone for it with my eyes closed.
Then it would not be the Yeti - it would be the fortuner(bigger yeti minus the classy interiors)
kidding

Last edited by vij : 27th May 2012 at 00:07.
Old 27th May 2012, 17:44   #349
VBN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan
hello Shankar, my experience is that at speeds above 80 kph, the FE actually drops.
Old 31st May 2012, 00:52   #350
BHPian

On my way back to Nagpur, currently in Ambala, completed the return via Manali, the Manali road is better than Srinagar, Zojila is dangerous while Rohtang is taxing because of traffic jams!

Few underbody hits, the plastic shield on the left side is broken at some place now need to see if I can get a new one ordered or fix the current one with mseal

-Pramod
Rohtang traffic jam, Marhi

Name:  ForumRunner_20120531_005109.png
Views: 2324
Size:  791.3 KB
pramods is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2012, 08:04   #351
BHPian

Muraina in MP at the UP MP border see the temp, the temp went up to 50 for brief but mostly stuck to 49 C.

-Pramod

Name:  ForumRunner_20120601_080233.png
Views: 2110
Size:  749.7 KB
pramods is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2012, 10:13   #352
BANNED

When I was running in my Yeti in December on the trip to Coorg, I never went past 2000 Rpm and generally drove at a steady 80-90 ish even on the highways. I got a very good FE Return - its somewhere on the Forum - forgot the exact number but it must have been in the 13-15 range or so.

Then when I went to Madras and back, the vehicle had already been run in, so I was cruising at the 100-120 range on the highway. The FE stayed pretty good there too - I think I got around 13 ish on that trip.

This last full tank that I spoke about where I got 14 odd, mainly involved city driving and with the AC on all the time.

However, I keep away from the "peak hour" if possible as far as possible and this may have a lot to do with the FE I got.

Personally, with this 4x4 Diesel Iam very comfortable with the kind of FE that I am getting overall. I need to test it once on a trip to Ooty and back - I havent been there ever since I bought the Yeti so perhaps the time has come now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBN View Post
hello Shankar, my experience is that at speeds above 80 kph, the FE actually drops.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2012, 17:46   #353
BANNED

Sorry for the back to back post but I thought I would share this:
I just put in 33 litres of Diesel, having covered 400 km since my last fill.
Mostly city driving with AC on. Yesterday I took it for a spin on our NICE Road in the morning at which time I was mostly driving at about 100 to a max of 120kmph. Possibly might have covered around 20-25kms like this.
So the FE is sitting at 12.12 kmpl.
Any idea why there should be this amount of fluctuation in the FE between fills? Especially given that my driving style doesnt change in general!
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2012, 20:26   #354
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for the back to back post but I thought I would share this:
I just put in 33 litres of Diesel, having covered 400 km since my last fill.
Mostly city driving with AC on. Yesterday I took it for a spin on our NICE Road in the morning at which time I was mostly driving at about 100 to a max of 120kmph. Possibly might have covered around 20-25kms like this.
So the FE is sitting at 12.12 kmpl.
Any idea why there should be this amount of fluctuation in the FE between fills? Especially given that my driving style doesnt change in general!
Try changing your driving style a little. Put the real time mileage display on the MID and observe just how much accelerator input leads to how much fuel consumption. Also driving in the right gear is vital- 4th and 5th gear are more fuel efficient than 6th at speeds upto 90-95.
In normal mixed driving I consistently get mileage of 15.5-16.5. My wife when she drives to Delhi from Gurgaon, gets a mileage of 19-20. She drives between 80-90 most of the journey. Once I also tried driving very conservatively with a light foot and could get almost 25kmpl.

Regards
Behemoth
Old 2nd June 2012, 11:22   #355
BHPian

Done with Nagpur-Srinagar-Leh-Manali-Nagpur yesterday , overall Yeti behaved as expected no engine and mechanical trouble, the AC had some trouble with 49+ C temp the cabin was not hot but it was not as cool as expected with 20 C set, am giving the Yeti for second servicing and will update once done.
Happy with the drive, 5.5K kms and total 13.5 kmpl average good enough assuming 1.5k of bad or no road of Srinagar-Leh-Manali.

-Pramod
pramods is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2012, 21:55   #356
BHPian

Got the second service done, it's has neither completed 2 years or 15k after the first service, but was right time to get this done after Leh tour, it was 11k after the 1st service, but looking at he run and variation in terrain and temp it was good to get the service done, 2 free service done now at 21K kms. Oil, oil filter, diesel filter, pollen filter and air filter too(this was my request after looking at the dust and others in he filter) the total cost was Rs 7900/- Yeti looks and feels better, I was more worried about the suspensions and bushes but everything was normal and nothing needed any attentions. Last 2 time in Scorpio needed the bushes and suspension to be looked at!
Yeti is quite tough in that sense, the looks are quite deceptive, it can take rough road quite easily, I bumped quite a big stones and the underbody protection plate( they are hard plastic) on the left just under the rear left door under in broken, but they are still good to go, the service people say nothing to worry about that and no need to replace will take the decision later if it need to be replaced or not.
The pollen filter was choked and the airflow from AC was causing some problem, after replacement it's fine now, but there was 2 Yeti in service center for AC compressor replacement, looks like AC is having problem with Yeti and Laura and its a know problem, please check your AC and get the compressor replacement done under warranty, I too need to watch on the AC and if the cooling doesn't improve need to take it back.

I will be changing the OEM tyres soon, as one of he tyre sidewall is gone, I can see a cut on it even though it's not leaking but it's risky.

-Pramod

Just to let you know the service rate for 2012-13 for Skoda has been increased, the max increase is for Superb that is around 80% while Yeti is 70%, Laura 60%, Rapid 50 % and Fabia 30%.

Last edited by pramods : 2nd June 2012 at 22:10.
pramods is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2012, 22:11   #357
VBN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods
there was 2 Yeti in service center for AC compressor replacement, looks like AC is having problem with Yeti and Laura and its a know problem, please check your AC and get the compressor replacement done under warranty, I too need to watch on the AC and if the cooling doesn't improve need to take it back.
-Pramod
I had the AC compressor problem too which I got fixed before the first year was over. The dealer had replaced the compressor at no cost. Since then, it's been fine. I have a 1600 km journey in the next week, so will get to stress out the AC again.
Old 3rd June 2012, 10:37   #358
BANNED

Is this the labour rate or parts rate or both?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post

Just to let you know the service rate for 2012-13 for Skoda has been increased, the max increase is for Superb that is around 80% while Yeti is 70%, Laura 60%, Rapid 50 % and Fabia 30%.
Old 3rd June 2012, 10:40   #359
BANNED

wow!
thats wonderful. Thanks for sharing.
I guess I have some time to go as my vehicle has just hit 5600 odd kms. I think I will get it serviced or checked at 7500 and will forthwith change my driving style to a more conservative one than it is now.
Even if I am able to get about 14kmpl I would be happy because the road conditions, start stop traffic, gear usage patterns and availability of longer, straighter stretches in Bangalore are significantly different to the scene in Gurgaon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Try changing your driving style a little. Put the real time mileage display on the MID and observe just how much accelerator input leads to how much fuel consumption. Also driving in the right gear is vital- 4th and 5th gear are more fuel efficient than 6th at speeds upto 90-95.
In normal mixed driving I consistently get mileage of 15.5-16.5. My wife when she drives to Delhi from Gurgaon, gets a mileage of 19-20. She drives between 80-90 most of the journey. Once I also tried driving very conservatively with a light foot and could get almost 25kmpl.

Regards
Behemoth
Old 3rd June 2012, 11:44   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Is this the labour rate or parts rate or both?
It's labour rate, not sure about the parts, I got almost 14+ kmpl for complete trip of Leh, the last leg from Jispa to Nagpur with complete AC On with temp from 10 C to 50 C I got 14.7 kmpl with 40 hrs drive with 1.8k kms. 13 kmpl seems low to me, the worst FE I have seen on my Yeti is 4kmpl on Zojila drive as it was almost on 1st gear, but recovered back to 10kmpl by Dras and 14+ by Leh.

Saw temp less than -10 C and the vehicle started normal, no protection to grill nothing like Scorpio which has trouble starting in cold, overall I am impressed with the mechanical of Yeti, would loved to have some more ground clearance, even though the clearance is good enough but you get worried looking at road in Himalayas and start feeling will you make it, the 4wd works without you noticing, the OEM tyres are worst in mud, snow and in water, as soon as you hit any of these you are in trouble, better tyre would make the journey enjoyable.

-Pramod

Last edited by pramods : 3rd June 2012 at 11:50.
pramods is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks