Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2011, 09:58   #211
BHPian

re: Skoda Yeti@ India (An ownership review) EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Do you mean the 2.0 manual 4x2 or the 1.6? If the vehicle hasn't been launched yet, how will the test drives commence so soon?

The 2.0 4x2 has been recently launched, test drives for one might be starting from next week.
Two dealers -- one in Delhi and the other in Chandigarh -- told me that its a 1.6 manual with 4x2 wheel drive. The Chandigarh dealer is getting a test drive vehicle in a week's time and offered to let me test drive it . Whether they will allow others to do the same before the launch, I frankly don't know.

Last edited by ivar1951 : 4th December 2011 at 10:07.
Old 7th December 2011, 10:08   #212
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonhead View Post
Hi Pramod,

I am quite close to a Yeti purchase and have been shown 2 models in stock. I have noted the VIN numbers and used the helpful guide here.. However i can decode it to be a 2011 model but can you please help me identify what would be the month of manufacture? Thanks a lot.
Hi, are you being offered any discounts on these 2011 models? I presume you are considering the 4X4 models from earlier this year? Here in Chennai, there do not seem to be any end of year discounts on the 4X4 models. Thanks in advance.
Old 7th December 2011, 14:25   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Hi, are you being offered any discounts on these 2011 models? I presume you are considering the 4X4 models from earlier this year? Here in Chennai, there do not seem to be any end of year discounts on the 4X4 models. Thanks in advance.
Hi - Yes, i have just booked a 2011 4x4 model. The VIN indicates Aug 2011 manufacture date. There has to be discounts - i started negotiation in early Nov and was straight away offered 50 to 80k on Ambiente and upto a lakh on elegance. I played the dealers against each other and have finally managed to get one dealer to give me an overall price that is about 2 lakhs off the OTR. The dealer's scheme is this - he still had stock he had purchased in bulk under the 4yr skoda celebration (around aug i think) which he could afford to give away at this price. The downside to that was i had no choice of colour - red, black, mato brown and silver were the only ones left. I wanted white but settled for silver. I know there are only a couple more left in black n mato brown.. If i wanted something not from the stock then he would have placed an order for white and the max he was willing to discount that was about 1lakh on OTR. ** I dont know if this is some marketing spiel either**. So anyway after careful consideration and inspection of the stock vehicles i settled for it considering the difference of a lakh for a new vehicle. In summary you should definitely get atleast a lakh off in bangalore but not sure how it is in Chennai.. Maybe you should quote bangalore and push them.. For heavens sake they have just sold some 60 odd vehicles in Nov(against H1 sales of arnd 150 per month) and they have are pushing through the 4x2 now.. They have to clear the 4x4 stock soon.. Also i must add that skoda dealership experience has been terrible.. They are as disinterested as usual (fabia and now rapid customers are chased more fervently.. dont ask me why).. I have had many a time to beg, cajol and walk away to get some response.. phew! Its been a long miserable journey but im getting my yeti in a couple of days and it seems to be just about worth it!!
Old 7th December 2011, 22:05   #214
BHPian

Ok, my Yeti is 1 year and 1 day old today,I was not able to get much time off and just finished 11K kms and had to service based on time rather than kms, updated the insurance(Bajaj Allianz) for next year and hope to drive to the fullest next year.
Ok after one year would I recommend Yeti to any one looking for a car below 20L , I would say Yes, Yeti is a good car and do have a look at Yeti, it's very practical and gives a whole lots of option to play with.

Looks like the discounts are working for Skoda, on TBhp itself in last 2 week have seen 3 conversion for Yeti, may the tribe grow so everybody would be able to get a better service in future.

-Pramod
Old 7th December 2011, 22:18   #215
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Which dealer are you working with? I suggest you talk to the chap I Pm-ed you about. He will look after you. Considering I just bought my Yeti about a week ago,I believe that you will also be able to get a similar deal.
No harm trying I would suggest!

Quote:
Hi - Yes, i have just booked a 2011 4x4 model. The VIN indicates Aug 2011 manufacture date. There has to be discounts - i started negotiation in early Nov and was straight away offered 50 to 80k on Ambiente and upto a lakh on elegance. I played the dealers against each other and have finally managed to get one dealer to give me an overall price that is about 2 lakhs off the OTR. The dealer's scheme is this - he still had stock he had purchased in bulk under the 4yr skoda celebration (around aug i think) which he could afford to give away at this price. The downside to that was i had no choice of colour - red, black, mato brown and silver were the only ones left. I wanted white but settled for silver. I know there are only a couple more left in black n mato brown.. If i wanted something not from the stock then he would have placed an order for white and the max he was willing to discount that was about 1lakh on OTR. ** I dont know if this is some marketing spiel either**. So anyway after careful consideration and inspection of the stock vehicles i settled for it considering the difference of a lakh for a new vehicle. In summary you should definitely get atleast a lakh off in bangalore but not sure how it is in Chennai.. Maybe you should quote bangalore and push them.. For heavens sake they have just sold some 60 odd vehicles in Nov(against H1 sales of arnd 150 per month) and they have are pushing through the 4x2 now.. They have to clear the 4x4 stock soon.. Also i must add that skoda dealership experience has been terrible.. They are as disinterested as usual (fabia and now rapid customers are chased more fervently.. dont ask me why).. I have had many a time to beg, cajol and walk away to get some response.. phew! Its been a long miserable journey but im getting my yeti in a couple of days and it seems to be just about worth it!!
Old 8th December 2011, 10:52   #216
BHPian

I've know someone who just got well over Rs.1.5 Lakh off on Elegance in Bangalore...as recent as last week. Looks like the festive offer on Yeti is here to stay. A very good deal at these prices.
contessa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2011, 15:13   #217
BHPian

Hi Pramod,
I currently own a Honda Civic 1.8S MT and it is like 4 years now since ive driven it, clocking the odo 45k.
I plan on changing the car and i have considered the Skoda Yeti.
An avid follower of TopGear on BBC Channel, TopGear claims that the Skoda Yeti is one such car that is built to last. Its interior quality, well overall quality to say, is compared to that of the BMW and the Mercedes.
Well, that was TopGear UK's say, I have NO clue about how it is in India.
Well yes, the Honda Civic has been a pretty good car to me, talking just about the quality, i wanted to know if the quality of the Yeti is the same or is even better.
Rattle-free cars are my take, please get back to me on the same!
Old 8th December 2011, 15:15   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by contessa View Post
I've know someone who just got well over Rs.1.5 Lakh off on Elegance in Bangalore...as recent as last week. Looks like the festive offer on Yeti is here to stay. A very good deal at these prices.
Well yes, I went to the showroom just to have a look on the car and he was ready for a 90k discount. If i would have sat with him and talk over the entire discount, i can get a good buy, even though im buying it in the corporate, WITHOUT Octroi price list.
Old 8th December 2011, 15:18   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivar1951 View Post
Two dealers -- one in Delhi and the other in Chandigarh -- told me that its a 1.6 manual with 4x2 wheel drive. The Chandigarh dealer is getting a test drive vehicle in a week's time and offered to let me test drive it . Whether they will allow others to do the same before the launch, I frankly don't know.
Well, ivar1951, i am not really sure if a 1.6litre Yeti is out in the market as yet. 3 days back, i went to the Skoda showroom, the one in Andheri (East), Mumbai and they didn't have the 4X2 variant for testdrive. They have launched the 4X2 with a 2.0 engine, same as the Laura.
Old 8th December 2011, 15:39   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Which dealer are you working with? I suggest you talk to the chap I Pm-ed you about. He will look after you. Considering I just bought my Yeti about a week ago,I believe that you will also be able to get a similar deal.
No harm trying I would suggest!
Thanks a lot for that Shankar. I had checked with Vinayak and TAFE, from early November, before finalising 2days ago. Although Vinayak gave me a much better experience in terms of the dealership, TAFE ended up giving me a lakh more in discount and i just went with them. In summary i got my silver ambiente delivered last night with a temp registration and boy has my life changed! Security guard at my apartment complex runs after my unrecognisable car last night, stops me and then smiles saying "Sir nayaa gaadi?". I drive into office today and the security guard smiles saying "Sir nayaa gaadi"? and then "special parking spot for you Sir.. CEO ka baaju main.. " All eyes on me! In reality no one outside knows what a nervous wreck i am with a brand new car in Bangalore traffic! Meanwhile i absolutely love the yeti in less than 12hrs of owning it! I cant sleep (Couldnt leave her in my apartment parking slot and walk away!). I cant work (Cant stop thinking about her parked in the basement and time seems to have just stopped!)..

Im a newbie here and not sure whether i can drop in an initial ownership report but if i can i will do it over the weekend when i can hopefully come back down to earth..

Last edited by mobike008 : 8th December 2011 at 17:24. Reason: Please STICK to 2 smileys per post. Read rules of the forum...Thanks!
Demonhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2011, 16:04   #221
BHPian

The 4x2 Yeti is the 2.0 Ltr TDI 81 KW/110 bhp unit which is also available in the Laura. This engine is mated to a 5 speed gearbox as against the 4x4's 6 speed one.

I checked up with Autobahn and JMD and neither of them has a unit even for display, forget TD.

The prices are 13.2 ex-showroom for the Active and 14.4 Ambient in Mumbai with Octroi. I am in the market for a Laura TSI and was hoping against hope that if the 4x2 version would fit my budget, but alas it is not to be so. With corp regn, it is a whopping 15.5 Lacs On-Road Mumbai.
Old 8th December 2011, 16:09   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContiMental View Post
Hi Pramod,
......., i wanted to know if the quality of the Yeti is the same or is even better.
Yeti quality is top notch, I have no reason to believe that this will not last the owner, on quality front you need to be rest assured that you are getting a quality car. Go ahead and do a test drive!

-Pramod
pramods is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2011, 16:55   #223
BHPian

Congratulations demonhead. Enjoy your car and that feeling of freshness.
That seems like a great discount that you got.
Old 8th December 2011, 17:05   #224
J.Ravi

Quote:
In summary i got my silver ambiente delivered last night
Congratulations and best wishes, Demonhead. Enjoy and explore your brand new Yeti.

Old 8th December 2011, 19:20   #225
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Great. Good to hear.
Surprising because I got a far better offer from Vinayak than at TAFE! I took delivery last Friday and have been extremely satisfied with my experience. I guess it's different strokes for different folks! Which variant did you buy? I picked an Elegance 4x4. Cheers! Shankar.
Quote:
Thanks a lot for that Shankar. I had checked with Vinayak and TAFE, from early November, before finalising 2days ago. Although Vinayak gave me a much better experience in terms of the dealership, TAFE ended up giving me a lakh more in discount and i just went with them. In summary i got my silver ambiente delivered last night with a temp registration and boy has my life changed! Security guard at my apartment complex runs after my unrecognisable car last night, stops me and then smiles saying "Sir nayaa gaadi?". I drive into office today and the security guard smiles saying "Sir nayaa gaadi"? and then "special parking spot for you Sir.. CEO ka baaju main.. " All eyes on me! In reality no one outside knows what a nervous wreck i am with a brand new car in Bangalore traffic! Meanwhile i absolutely love the yeti in less than 12hrs of owning it! I cant sleep (Couldnt leave her in my apartment parking slot and walk away!). I cant work (Cant stop thinking about her parked in the basement and time seems to have just stopped!)..

Im a newbie here and not sure whether i can drop in an initial ownership report but if i can i will do it over the weekend when i can hopefully come back down to earth..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks