Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2011, 18:53   #76
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: The Renaissance of my JET-White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (2200 kms Update & Photos on Page6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
What about Octavia/Vento? I am sure you must have tried Fiesta 1.6S also in the ghat section.
Just to clarify : I don't mean across the board! The last 10 cars mostly included Japs.

And no, I haven't tried the Fiesta 1.6S on this new section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
If you ask me to rate the these cars in handling.. Just out of my experience.

Fiesta 1.6 and T-Jet > Octavia > Vento
No ways! The Octavia is easily on par with the T-Jet in terms of handling. In fact, the vRS outdoes it in terms of razor sharp response. Even on the regular 1.9 TDi, fit 16 inch wheels & 205 tyres and it's a heck of a handler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzer View Post
Unfortunately, the feedback from the Fiat Mumbai showroom indicates that the T-Jet is not selling as per FIAT's expectations.
As mentioned in my review, the T-Jet was never going to be a volume seller. For one, it's an expensive Fiat. When a 8 lakh Linea fails to move off the showroom floor, fat chance that a 9.5 lakh variant will fly.

Second, petrol prices are sky rocketing over the last 2 quarters. People are increasingly preferring diesel.

Only a driving enthusiast will buy a T-Jet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
GTO, I have bought my car ONLY based on your review.
Thank you! I hope my review was fairly indicative, and you agree with the observations (good and bad) after getting your car.
Old 28th January 2011, 21:03   #77
Senior - BHPian

re: The Renaissance of my JET-White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (2200 kms Update & Photos on Page6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
By the way, did 140 today (in Thoraipakkam - Pallavaram Road for those who know Chennai) and kind of ripped her. I can't resist. What can i do???

But the way she picked up speed and surged forward.. Just one word, awesome it was. I am awaiting to complete the Run-in. I am sure I will take her upward 190! lets see where she maxs out..Await a report shortly from me on her High speed run!!!
one question here. I have not driven a diesel car yet in my life except for short ride on an old indica for about 10kms (it was horrible). Some high tech petrol mod gurus have told me that new gen diesels are outperforming petrols (but this is turbo diesel vs na petrol). i am not into an argument on diesel vs petrol. I too have seen new gen diesels really good on highways. But can you go back and buy a turbo diesel and let go your turbo petrol (knowing that turbo petrols can give some niggling problems)?
Old 28th January 2011, 22:44   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
one question here. I have not driven a diesel car yet in my life except for short ride on an old indica for about 10kms (it was horrible). Some high tech petrol mod gurus have told me that new gen diesels are outperforming petrols (but this is turbo diesel vs na petrol). i am not into an argument on diesel vs petrol. I too have seen new gen diesels really good on highways. But can you go back and buy a turbo diesel and let go your turbo petrol (knowing that turbo petrols can give some niggling problems)?
I didnt get your point Kutlee. Are you asking me whether I will go back to a Turbo D instead of a Turbo P. May be.. I am not sure. It depends on what car I am comparing with the T-Jet. I am anywayz agnostic of Petrol or Diesel cars.. Again to repeat, I got the T-jet for

1. looks (esp this being longer than D segment cars.. i kind of like the length and road presence)
2. Power (Acceleration and Punchy Mid Range)
3. value for Money (all gizmos and what not)
4. handling and balanced ride
5. Easy availability of the car (vento was a contender but I had to wait endless)

And what sort of Niggling issues turbo petrols can give? Can you name them a few.. it will be helpful.. may be I can make up my mind to face those. I thought Petrol Turbos will be less problematic than the Diesel ones and this one has been doing duty in Europe.. i mean tried and tested. What sort of problems i can expect? i didnt come across any atleast on the Net in the T-Jet engine.. any insight?
Old 30th January 2011, 06:34   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzer View Post

Fiat is also giving around Rs50,000-55,000 discount for the 2010 Linea T-Jet cars.
I thought they are giving only insurance +5000 gift.I will get my t-jet today after a pretty bad experience with concorde,mysore rd,blr today.I did'nt got 50K discount :(

I will explain my experience later.

Last edited by manziee_crusier : 30th January 2011 at 06:35. Reason: more info
Old 30th January 2011, 10:42   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manziee_crusier View Post
I thought they are giving only insurance +5000 gift.I will get my t-jet today after a pretty bad experience with concorde,mysore rd,blr today.I did'nt got 50K discount :(

Dont worry.. 50-55k discount on the T-Jet is a false information. 3 of my friends have got the T-Jet within the last one or two weeks with even lesser dicsounts that what you have got. I think you are getting 2010 manufactured car hence getting insurance free. All the best man for the T-Jet!!

Dont get bogged down by these and am sure that there are no major discounts on 2011 cars. I enquired it personally here in Chennai as well.
Old 30th January 2011, 16:19   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manziee_crusier View Post

I booked the 2011 Tjet and i am getting only corporate discount, Extended warranty and RSA free.

For a 2010 car, i was offered Corporate discount (ranges from Rs. 4000 to 12000 depending on the corporate you are working for) and Free insurance+ extended warranty+RSA for a payment of Rs.3000
Old 31st January 2011, 11:20   #82
Senior - BHPian

For 2011, Fiat introduced a new color Bronzo Scuro in TJet+ in India. Not sure whether it is for a limited time or not. I cannot find any info about this in Fiat site. Check with your nearest dealer.Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-fiatbronzoscuro.jpg
Old 31st January 2011, 11:38   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
For 2011, Fiat introduced a new color Bronzo Scuro in TJet+ in India. Not sure whether it is for a limited time or not. I cannot find any info about this in Fiat site. Check with your nearest dealer.Attachment 492117
This looks like Tuscan Wine which is already available in Tjet.
Old 31st January 2011, 16:27   #84
BHPian

Some awful stuff.. because of my mistake..

For people who wash your cars (be it any car). PLS BE CAREFUL...

Yesterday, as usual I started my day with washing and waxing my car. Did that meticulously. This includes wind screen and windows washing as well. All went well and i left for lunch along with my family in my other car and later came back home to find something horrible.

My entire windscreen and other glasses including my quarter glass has "SALT" marks.. I mean small patches (circular patches) which are white in color all over my glass. I had to go out and didn’t mind that too much. Thought that it would go away if i wipe it off during my journey with my wipers.

Did use my wipers a couple of times. They didn’t go. Started to think there was something fishy. I came back home in the night and started to wipe the glass. and they simply won’t budge to go. I tried the following things,

1. Used car shampoo. No use
2. Used Collin glass cleaner.. No use
3. Used Wind screen cleaner.. No use.
4. Used vinegar and tried washing.. No use
5. Applied a small patch of tile cleaning strong acid (at a corner of the glass to check its effectiveness.. i was afraid whether to use it or not).. Still no use.

Simply speaking, I WAS NOT ABLE TO REMOVE EVEN ONE PATCH IN THE ANY OF THE GLASSES with around 3 hrs of non stop washing. The time was 1 AM in the morning and I just got fed up and left the car..

Morning, I went to the Service Center, and asked them what can be done. They called a glass cleaning agent and enquired..he charged me 3000Rs to get this off my glasses and it took him 3 hrs to do this.. constant application of some chemical and polish the glass some 10 times with a machine.

He also added that if i would have brought the car after a month or weeks, it might have led to changing of wind screens.

Horrified by this, went to the internet to check whether his statement is true. and IT IS TRUE (found some instances with Golf, Chevys etc etc.) and the Only culprit here is "SALT" content in the water and cleaning it in sun!!!!

So guys pls be careful. Just wanted to make sure that no one gets into my situation.

-Sathya

PS: I have got some drool pics of my worthy possesion (again Thanks a ton to my friend and his D700). Await the pics tonight.

Last edited by Sathya_sc : 31st January 2011 at 16:33.
Sathya_sc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2011, 18:10   #85
Senior - BHPian

^ My goodness. I always thought its a nice idea to wash my Palio when it is sunny. I will keep in mind this incident from now on. I assume corporation water in Bangalore wouldnt contain the salt, anyways good to take the precaution.

By the way, have you got any paint protection done on your car? I have got the 3M coating done and I feel its worth. Car remains glossy even when there is lot of dirt. I also noticed that most dirt dont stick too much on the body. Most of the times, just water has sufficed my washing of the Palio, considering that my Palio is parked on the street.
Old 31st January 2011, 19:23   #86
BHPian

One month - 2200 Kms

Guys, Time for an update.

My beauty is one month old and she has done 2200 kms so far. This involved a very sedate driving to really harsh driving some times and especially an extremely spirited driving yesterday (I redlined her to ECU cutoff in 1/2/3/4). She managed huge wheelspins even in 3rd!

Mileage update - City - Settling around 10.5 to 11 Km/lt
Highway - 14-15 Km/lt

Poor Mileage attained so far (yesterday) - 7.3km/lt (for close to 15kms.. as I redlined her to ECU cut-off in every gear except 5th)

I don't have to talk about its performance and handling as we all know. Ride is well balanced.

Visits to the Service Station - Once (for the Windscreen issue described a couple of posts above)

A.S.S. experience - So far, so good

Any niggles with the car - So far, No. She is all fine and set to gallop as fast as she could.

Now a visual retreat to all. Personally these were the set of pics that I like the most of my MJD and the T-Jet. She is lovely and at the same time aggresive in these pictures. Presenting to you all the "Beauty and the Beast"..
Attached Thumbnails
Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-jet-1.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-jet-2.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-jet-3.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-jet-4.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-jet-5.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-jet-6.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-jet-7.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-jet-8.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-jet-9.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-jet-10.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-jet-11.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-jet-12.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-jet-13.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-jet-14.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-jet-15.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-jet-16.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-jet-17.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-jet-18.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-jet-19.jpg  

Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up)-jet-20.jpg  

Sathya_sc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2011, 19:38   #87
BHPian

Amazing pics Sathya..Linea in white rocks..

Kudos to your friend -'photographer'
Old 31st January 2011, 19:49   #88
Senior - BHPian

Man, I am CONFUSED. Dont know whether to adore the gorgeous Linea, or such a sexy place or top of the world photography. Lucky you in finding such a place to show case the Linea and extremely lucky to have such a photographer friend.

You are getting close to finishing the run-in. Does your friend have a hi-speed cam to capture a video of the Jet flying after run-in? You could send a copy of pics and videos to Fiat to use it for advertising. We can be relieved of watching the slow motion ad.

Last edited by funkykar : 31st January 2011 at 19:53.
Old 31st January 2011, 20:09   #89
Team-BHP Support

Great pictures Satya!
Can I check the make of the tool used to click these amazing pictures, and the location?
Old 31st January 2011, 23:03   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevintomin View Post
Amazing pics Sathya..Linea in white rocks..

Kudos to your friend -'photographer'
Thanks everyone..

Kevin.. he is absolutely passionate about photography. Check his website http://www.sriramguruswamy.com/ and trust me you will be stunned. His portfolios will be out of the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Man, I am CONFUSED. Dont know whether to adore the gorgeous Linea, or such a sexy place or top of the world photography. Lucky you in finding such a place to show case the Linea and extremely lucky to have such a photographer friend.

You are getting close to finishing the run-in. Does your friend have a hi-speed cam to capture a video of the Jet flying after run-in? You could send a copy of pics and videos to Fiat to use it for advertising. We can be relieved of watching the slow motion ad.
Again, the credit goes to Sriram (one of my best pals and photographer) to have identified this place..I have already redlined her numerous times. Cant resist. reg. the high speed photography, the project is in pipeline. In search of a good place to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Great pictures Satya!
Can I check the make of the tool used to click these amazing pictures, and the location?
Nikon D700 and the location is in ECR - enroute to Pondy (after Mahabalipuram)

Last edited by Sathya_sc : 31st January 2011 at 23:05.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks