Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2011, 11:40   #1726
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Mahindra Thar (2011 - 2019)

Naren: Hi, Are they advertising the MDI or CRDe? And when is your THAR coming?
Old 21st May 2011, 12:28   #1727
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertKing View Post
AWD, I am from a city located in the Thar desert. We do not have BS4 compliance as a must in our city. the MDi is doing a very good sale here, M&M is doing very good advertising for MDi here and almost every alternate day, you can see a advertisement in the local news paper.

I just meant to point out that it is not that all over India, the marketing effort of M&M was concentrated towards Thar CRDe.

PS :: I am among those who are waiting to see Thar MDi 4WD on the roads and offcourse to die to see her with hard top (AC can be though fitted through the dealer).
I guess you have not kept a track of various Thar threads on board. Allow me to give a gist of things, Mdi is getting a step-motherly treatment. Maybe because the teams that conceived both Di & Crdi are different or Crdi returns more profit.

Here in our City, we have not seen any Di advertisements. Maybe they are focusing Rural markets or low-socio-economic clusters for Di.

Regarding HT & AC on Di, I don't see both making it to the Jeep. For Crdi ofcourse these will be provided but as MM reps have mentioned on board, AC on Di is not feasible, only a Company effort can make it possible.
Old 23rd May 2011, 09:46   #1728
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

I think it must be obvious that the MDI would not be advertised at all in the Metro town where BS4 is essential besides the aspect that it is a Metro. So there is no point in say sitting in Bombay or Bangalore and commenting about the absence of an effort to promote the MDI, on the other hand CRDi version may face the same fate in smaller towns so the reverse too is true.
Old 23rd May 2011, 13:41   #1729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Naren: Hi, Are they advertising the MDI or CRDe? And when is your THAR coming?
They advertising only the Thar MDi here.

I will prefere a Thar MDi with at least hard top and offcourse 4WD.

Last edited by DesertKing : 23rd May 2011 at 13:47.
Old 23rd May 2011, 13:57   #1730
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
MDI would not be advertised at all in the Metro town where BS4 there is no point in say sitting in Bombay or Bangalore and commenting about the absence of an effort to promote the MDI,
As a matter of fact, Im not residing in any of the Metros/big towns. BS3 is street legal here but still no word on Mdi.
I think Mdi 4x2 is being pushed in markets where vehicle usage is semi-commertial, desert taxis, ~15 people dangling out of a Jeep, etc.

On another note I sincerely feel that Thar Crde is not being bought by the consumers who are well aware, sesitised, informed about the various issues with the vehicle & that its a half-baked, R & D failure, not properly tested, safety concerns, etc. Therefore a majority of people on tbhp who earlier thought of buying the vehicle, resisted after proper Test drive reports & usage reviews appeared. This is the advantage of being aware & well-informed, all thanks to fora like Tbhp.
Old 26th May 2011, 14:33   #1731
BHPian

Raining Thars in Chikmagalur:

May be attributed to the fact that coffee prices are north bound the thar sales have gone up in Chikmagalur. However, Thar MDi version are hardly seen on roads.

Regards,
Darshan
Old 27th May 2011, 20:50   #1732
BHPian

Hi,
i noticed number of thars on bangalore roads modified -back seats, tops, etc. can owners post pics, contacts of mod dealers and views.
Old 10th June 2011, 08:18   #1733
BANNED

Mods: Different subject, so please excuse back to back posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnn View Post
Dear All,

There is far too much M&M bashing going on. I totally disagree.
Criticism of a product, customer service and company policies is not bashing. You are free to disagree.
Quote:
Let’s us not badger the team. Let’s support them to continue production of this vehicle. M&M are probably loosing money in the process. There will never be another similar product if we childishly hype this vehicle out of the market by moaning and groaning.
My "moaning and groaning", as you put it, is hardly going to be a factor if this vehicle goes out of the market. I'm just one guy on the internet trying to be witty and exercising my sarcasm without infraction while pointing out some issues with the Thar. If the Thar fails, it will not be because of our criticism of the issues, but the issues itself.

Dont know how you came up with the loosing money theory. A team within M&M is buying parts from M&M at third party rates, cobbling it together, slapping on a margin, and selling it in the market. M&M probably making twice the profit on every Thar. Once, in parts sales, and twice in Thar margins. Please dont be so naive in your calculations and compare with Mayapuri.
Quote:
Fit an A/C as suggested by Mr. Dhabhar. I agree with him that the SOP briefly described by him is enough to check the dealer.
If your environment allows for A/C only usage, fine. But how can you expect everyone to switch over to that?
Are all customers supposed to go to Team-Bhp.com and read the SOP to check the dealer? Isn't it M&M's job to check the dealer in the first place?
Quote:
Lets not use our freedom of speech and democracy to forget the merits. Words come for free - good or bad.
Are you talking about Indian laws or internet laws? Seems the political spirit is catching on.
Quote:
My friends, No more M&M bashing on the Thar PLEASE. Only encouragement and positive support. Think twice before you write adversly. Let our ego satisfaction to get our views in print not dominate our writing on this model.
Moderators keep a close eye on all posts. Many of my posts have been deleted if they have been found to cross the line. They are doing a pretty good job. When new moderators required, I'm sure they will do the needful. Please dont moderate our ego.

Quote:
Let a legend created survive. Harley Davidson could not have become the legend which survives if the yanks all wrote about the bike as we do of the Thar.

nnn
I hope you were joking about HD bashing, or comparing Thar with HD. Please educate yourself on HD.

Cheers.

P.S. Were you bashing the Endeavor and Gypsy while you were telling us not to bash the Thar?
gthang is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th June 2011, 18:24   #1734

A lovely modified Thar can be seen below. Looks very very nice

Source: Mr.Manpreet Singh on Facebook. (Thar Group)
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Mahindra Thar (2011 - 2019)-217566_167912066596683_100001336715946_343106_7345781_n.jpg  

Cyrus43 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th June 2011, 23:31   #1735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post

Looks super cool, but not the thar. May be a 540 or a exarmy 550.
Old 11th June 2011, 00:26   #1736
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Is it a Thar di? Very nice looking 4x4 i say!
Old 11th June 2011, 01:15   #1737
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Is it a Thar di?
Are there any Thar Di 4x4's out on the road yet?. Sorry, if I'm poorly informed.
Old 13th June 2011, 13:55   #1738
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hi Cyrus,

Please look at the front Axle; Looks Solid.

From the Shackle and Anti-Roll bar, my guess is its an NGCS MM550.

Regards,

Arka

Hi DB Sir,

Wishing you all he best in your new projects.

Regards,

Arka

Last edited by benbsb29 : 14th June 2011 at 09:25. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts.
ex670c is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2011, 00:41   #1739
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Staying on topic. Is a high lift (kit) option possible for the IFS Thar CRDe? I know its not available - is it mechanically possible?
Simplest way to do this would be to use adjust the Torsion bar up front and put longer shackles at the back. Longer travel shocks would help too.

This is what has been done to the white Thar CRDe in south africa used by the Mahindra rep.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 17th June 2011 at 11:38. Reason: Removed DB moving away from M&M part from this post. There is a separate thread for that now. Thanks for understanding.
Old 14th June 2011, 13:09   #1740
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Simplest way to do this would be to use adjust the Torsion bar up front and put longer shackles at the back. Longer travel shocks would help too.

This is what has been done to the white Thar CRDe in south africa used by the Mahindra rep.
Longer shackles good enough to give that lift? I thought SPOA at rear and a good lift kit + longer shocks at the front is how its done.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 17th June 2011 at 11:37. Reason: Friends, let's keep the discussion limited to THAR on this thread. No defender LR discussions please. Thanks.!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks