Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2011, 13:43   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mitsubishi Cedia Sports- the Red Beast!

@ Mandheers and LOW, no names please .

@Khoj, yes the car can do around 207-208 as per the OD, the actual speed of around 190+. What you need to try is higher rpms (with you using synthetic, the performance at higher rpms will be much better than us lesser mortals), just under 100 at 2nd, 140 ish at 3rd and 175is at 4th and top speed at 5th.

But I would request every one to try it only when you find a deserted road. It is our moral responsibility to drive safe. As I say driving over 80 (100 max) on our highways (some of which are now good enough to test Bugatti's top speed), is like buying an lottery ticket to Heaven/Hell (depends on Karma you do), and there are more chances of you to hit the jackpot than to hit the top speed. DRIVE SAFE Fellas.

@Deepan, I ve been thinking since I replied to your post on this thread that when was last we interacted, Now I get it, it was on your cedia thread .

@RajaTaurus, here's his thead, though locked, with a few pics. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ne-yellow.html

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 17th February 2011 at 13:46.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2011, 15:02   #47
Senior - BHPian

Thats Gaurav, I have seen this Yellow Submarine (Beetles effect!) few times crossing in front of my office and now I know who is it.
Old 27th February 2011, 21:52   #48
BHPian

PS: Posted this on Gaurav's thread to one of our discussions; and since this was about the Red Beast, here goes: (CTRL C + CTRL V)

@ Gaurav: Yes, I have been getting that alot from colleagues and friends alike. Even my dad had advised the same to opt for a Civic, and the discounts in December were tempting as hell. But when he drove the car on his visit he was only surprised that this was never promoted.

The only diffenece between Cedia and Civic at the time of my purchase was a very small EMI amount; that apart all I had to pay was the down payment. But the TD won me over; or I should say bowled me over. Now wifey drives the Accent, I only tend to the maintenance as a dutiful husband, which includes fuel, air, getting it a thorough wash on Sundays inside out.

One small query; and I sheepishly ask; last week on my way to work on a relatively lesser busy signal; a Fiat Linea Emotion just shot through the lines and I thought of giving it a try but it would've been futile. I wanted to ask how and why?

But I got my answer a few days later at another signal when I just pushed the Red Beast; and BOY: 1st to 2nd was not much of a feel and I felt it might start panting; 2nd to 3rd was so awe-inspiring and reassuring that I pushed it a little harder in 3rd before engaging 4th; and all this while I was looking at the road ahead since it was a short slightly bend patch and once through the bend I slid into 4th and there was 'more on tap' and it sent goosebumps down my nape.

The entire traffic from the signal was just beams of headlights in my RVM; and those objects surely did not look closer than they appeared.

I checked the speedo and I was at 130; and I know I shouldn't've done that within city limits, and definitely not on that short stretch which ended onto a flyover. (this was JVLR; for those who know)

I gathered my wits and started braking; and was equally surprised how soon it resumed it's composure (not that it had lost any); and I realized I was wrong that morning about the Linea.

My FB update that day read "a street legal rally car has its benefits".
Old 28th February 2011, 11:35   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Congrats on the purchase. A very spirited car, but poor marketing is not helping it at all. But everytime I see a Cedia, all I see is a street legal rally car. ;-)

With a nice big spoiler, cool alloys, you have a real wild mean ride.....
I knew I had read it here; and found it. The line on my FB update was actually a thought from thedreamcatcher.

Raw and powerful thought there.
Old 6th March 2011, 10:17   #50
BHPian

Covered over 2300kms so far, and the drive is only maturing. Wanted to ask 3 things:

1. Slight 'fluttering' sound emanating since yesterday from the AC fan vents (mid front maybe); somewhat like when a piece of paper gets stuck in a fan's flow path, only comes at higher fan speeds, super quiet otherwise.

2. Car pulls a bit to the right and at times gets a bit strenuous on the right arm, got tyre pressure checked a few times and the right front tyre's losing pressure sooner; no visible puncture though.

3. The bulbs are not Philips, checked the spare ones, which ones are recommended, and will it warrant to change fog-lamp bulbs too?

Please advise.
Old 6th March 2011, 13:54   #51
Senior - BHPian

Hey mandheers,
Regarding the fluttering sound being heard only at higher speeds it could be air cutting 'cause if something were stuck in the air path there would be some noise even at low speeds.

As for the pulling bit, the answer is in your post itself, "no visible puncture".

Bulbs already in your headlights should be Phillips. While those in the spare pack may not be the same as the company would have sourced them locally, just like the tires, battery and tool kit etc.

Recommended? Going by specifications any H4 bulb rated at 55/60 W is recommended. The fogs are separate from the HLs and since these come with the CKD kit of the vehicle I believe what are there on the car are the best. When it comes to replacement of the bulb itself, one could check what the company is offering from it's spares counter and then take the call accordingly.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2011, 10:17   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
2. Car pulls a bit to the right and at times gets a bit strenuous on the right arm, got tyre pressure checked a few times and the right front tyre's losing pressure sooner; no visible puncture though.

Please advise.
I had the same problem of losing pressure sooner (same right front tyre as yours!) and no visible puncture. Yet, I got it checked for puncture and there was a small nail. The service guy said, when the pressure is not holding same as the other tyres, the most probable reason is a nail. Pls get it checked for puncture asap.
RajaTaurus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2011, 10:45   #53
BHPian

Congrats on a very nice purchase
Get a few essential mods done and see what difference it makes in terms of performance.
Oh and yes it can do 200 easy.Have done close to 214 (Thanks to GPS monitoring) in my lancer with this 2.0L engine.
The cedia has a 3.722 FD compared to 4.05 of the petrol lancer(I am using this gearbox).So basically you will be able to achieve higher top speeds but would be slightly sluggish initially thanks to the taller gearing.I get better initial performance thanks to the shorter gearing.
So if my lancer can do 200+ with the shorter lancer gearbox, yours can do it easily.

Last edited by Amey : 7th March 2011 at 10:47.
Amey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2011, 10:56   #54
BHPian

I am close to finishing three years with my Cedia and am now close to 20k kms....yeah thats very little, but thats mainly as I dont do too many out station trips.

Anyway when I finished my 2nd year I went in and changed the headlights from the pretty painful 55/60 to a 90/100 (I think) with all the necessary wiring and trust me the difference in night driving is a LOT. Anyway, I am a bit floored with some of the numbers here as far as speed is concerned and I have a feeling that the service guys may have turned my intake upside down as well. I will have to check it on the next service in a few months, but any pics of the right way up would be great.
mav2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2011, 11:08   #55
BHPian

Thanks khoj, as always. The fog lamps are doing just fine, and it's night visibility which is a bit low, unless I use high-beam, which I avoid. Will look up at the service. You had mentioned Osram somewhere didn't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
I had the same problem of losing pressure sooner (same right front tyre as yours!) and no visible puncture. Yet, I got it checked for puncture and there was a small nail. The service guy said, when the pressure is not holding same as the other tyres, the most probable reason is a nail. Pls get it checked for puncture asap.
Thanks RajaTaurus, that only sounds practical. Will get it checked since the front right loses TP every 3-4 days; and I dutifullu check pressure and all fluids every weekend when I tank up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey View Post
Congrats on a very nice purchase
Get a few essential mods done and see what difference it makes in terms of performance.
Oh and yes it can do 200 easy.Have done close to 214 (Thanks to GPS monitoring) in my lancer with this 2.0L engine.
The cedia has a 3.722 FD compared to 4.05 of the petrol lancer(I am using this gearbox).So basically you will be able to achieve higher top speeds but would be slightly sluggish initially thanks to the taller gearing.I get better initial performance thanks to the shorter gearing.
So if my lancer can do 200+ with the shorter lancer gearbox, yours can do it easily.
Thanks Amey, I was planning on a few things but have parked them for now since the drive is just getting better and refined every passing day. Will wait it out for another time.

The only bit I miss having done is a tyre upgrade. Should've listened to khoj and got Primacy LCs when I had not done as much; if not upsized as advised by gaurav_chopra04.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
I am close to finishing three years with my Cedia and am now close to 20k kms....yeah thats very little, but thats mainly as I dont do too many out station trips.

Anyway when I finished my 2nd year I went in and changed the headlights from the pretty painful 55/60 to a 90/100 (I think) with all the necessary wiring and trust me the difference in night driving is a LOT. Anyway, I am a bit floored with some of the numbers here as far as speed is concerned and I have a feeling that the service guys may have turned my intake upside down as well. I will have to check it on the next service in a few months, but any pics of the right way up would be great.
You many want to check patilan's post on this. Thanks to him and everybody else I got mine reverted back to the original intake. (as what came from HM)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1514158

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by n_aditya : 7th March 2011 at 14:51. Reason: merged posts
Old 7th March 2011, 11:39   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
Thanks khoj, as always. The fog lamps are doing just fine, and it's night visibility which is a bit low, unless I use high-beam, which I avoid. Will look up at the service. You had mentioned Osram somewhere didn't you?

Thanks RajaTaurus, that only sounds practical. Will get it checked since the front right loses TP every 3-4 days; and I dutifullu check pressure and all fluids every weekend when I tank up.

Thanks Amey, I was planning on a few things but have parked them for now since the drive is just getting better and refined every passing day. Will wait it out for another time.

The only bit I miss having done is a tyre upgrade. Should've listened to khoj and got Primacy LCs when I had not done as much; if not upsized as advised by gaurav_chopra04.
Why not PS3 ? Would have improved your road handling a lot more than the Primacy LCs.
Old 7th March 2011, 11:44   #57
BHPian

One quick query again: so another of my friends picked up a Cruze and he invited me to try it against the Cedia.

I politely declined, but would like to know how does the Cruze fair against a Cedia.

I have read on other threads about fastest 20-100 cars etc in price brackets; and sadly again the Cedia is rarely mentioned. But I have taken the 'bag of salt' with me.

So now in my understaning a 2ltr petrol could well go up against a 2ltr diesel, but the Cruze is another story. I have seen it go; not driven one; and it might lack low end torque, but it sure packs steam and might outrun a Cedia.

Not that I'm racing it, not given our road conditions and not in th city. The last silly bit I did was race my Lancer with an Octavia, but it was out of anger for having been nicked at 2AM on Dadar Flyover.

Didn't get the better of the Octi, all the way through Tulsi Pipe to Reclamation to Carter Road to Juhu, and the Lancer went for suspension work the next day. It was a girl in a red Octi, year 2007.
Old 7th March 2011, 12:48   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Why not PS3 ? Would have improved your road handling a lot more than the Primacy LCs.
Primacy LCs were advised whilst retaining size; and they are a great set. I had considered the PPS2 as an option for upsize. But guess all that will have to wait for many thousand kms now.
Old 7th March 2011, 14:23   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately, the engine of the Cedia does not put out enough power to exploit the capabilities of a tire like the PS3. So it is just paying for the show but not having any GO.

The likes of LC, AVSdB or the ER80s are the best balance between comfort and performance at decent price points.

@mandheers
Never too late to change. More a matter of hunting around. You never know where you may get a better than average deal especially around month ends and the current month end is the year end as well.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2011, 15:15   #60
Senior - BHPian

I have noted that a HOnda engines puts out more power at higher rpm's. Can a recalibrated ECU help in doing this? Also is it bad for the engine in anyway apart from quicker wear and tear?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks