Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2012, 12:33   #151
BHPian

9 kmpl is good as I had been getting 9 to 9.5 only consistently on my Cedia. I think you should not bother much about this issue now. Do check what they have done to rectify and why this was an issue in a new car.
avimal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2012, 12:38   #152
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mitsubishi Cedia Sports- the Red Beast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
Went 180 kms to the dot on 20 litres, exactly light to light, with AC in regular traffic, couple of very bad bouts of jam, AC/engine off at long/longer signal halts respectively, and almost all below 2k RPM, 75% of the time with 3 adults on board.
180kms in 20L in traffic and few bad jams is good enough. However, I fail to understand what could have increased the FE like this. Chowked throttlebody - How can the throttle be dirty in a car this new. And then you werent getting good FE even at 5k kms when the throttle body would have been absolutely new. Dirty injectors. I cant believe that injectors got dirty this early, I know the fuel to an extent was adultrated before you changed pumps but still. Dirty spark plugs and dirty fuel lines can again be a problem but Hey, its a NEW car.

Why getting the issues sorted later on. You paid for a new car, 1 issue or 2 can be acceptable but this.. I can get such issues sorted after buying a car because I buy pre-owned and I have valid reasons. But a new car shouldnt behave like this. Get the car put right 100% first..

Quote:
Meanwhile, I wrote a stern letter to Mr. Wada at HM, and he responded too.

Have told him I wish to return this car as it is just no pleasure driving it anymore, unless the road is perfect with gradient and all. One slight rough patch and the car gets unsettled.

He has said he will investigate and revert in a week.
One thing to be appreciated about HM-Mitsubishi is that their revert back time is very quick.

Quote:
The Aquest team called yesterday,...So now the car goes again tomorrow
All the best

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 27th February 2012 at 12:40.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2012, 12:52   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Mandheer,
To answer your query on Steering column, mine got only the internals replaced (horn switch and SRS bag assembly). 180km/20l is a good equation, given what you were getting. Suggest don't lose hope. Its gonna be alright.
Thanks RajaTaurus!

Yes, that comes to 9kmpl with my same old driving, but just that I did not push the car anywhere at all, earlier I used to speed up and do some spirited driving on an empty stretch, which I altogether refrained this time.

This is the first time it has returned a figure like this.

On the service update, Vijay from HM called me this morning to inform that someone from Chennai is arriving later this week for thoroughly checking the car.

The Aquest guy had actually taken the car earlier this morning only to return it back later, and Reynold the facility manager called to say that the repair work will be put on hold until the Chennai technician arrives.

On my way to work today, had to slam the brakes real hard as someone decided to abruptly change lanes into mine on JVLR.

The car barely stopped short, and the pedal travel was longer, and there was a very bad restrained churning noise from the front two wheel assemblies, as if they were stopping and dragging and bobbing simultaneously.

Very weird, and this if I remember correctly I have experienced once before too and mentioned here.

The car's speed was rather low, and mostly rolling since it was a slight downward slope too, but ghastly braking and sound.

I detailed this to the pickup guy who came from Aquest this morning and he said there is bound to be a noise owing to ABS, but the ABS noise will come from pedal if at all, not the whole front rattling as if a bullock cart was brought to an urgent halt.

We have a family function in Rajasthan in April, and my cousins are driving down in the new Fortuner; sadly I will be flying since this car is not roadworthy by my standards, and I have very high expectations from it being a Mitsubishi.

The car has been dropped back without repairs and I will update on the next.
Old 27th February 2012, 13:24   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The car barely stopped short, and the pedal travel was longer, and there was a very bad restrained churning noise from the front two wheel assemblies, as if they were stopping and dragging and bobbing simultaneously.

Very weird, and this if I remember correctly I have experienced once before too and mentioned here.

The car's speed was rather low, and mostly rolling since it was a slight downward slope too, but ghastly braking and sound.

I detailed this to the pickup guy who came from Aquest this morning and he said there is bound to be a noise owing to ABS, but the ABS noise will come from pedal if at all, not the whole front rattling as if a bullock cart was brought to an urgent halt.
Sir, there will be noise under emergency braking and it will come from the front wheels. The car will definitely stop with a shudder as if the brakes are applied again and again. This is same for all cars with ABS. However, there is no rattling thing or longer brake travel. Its definitely to do with the caliper piston setting (until there is brake booster problem, which doesnt seem so because your car's braking is good at high speeds).

Quote:
The car has been dropped back without repairs and I will update on the next.
And why is that until they are giving you a new car.
Old 27th February 2012, 14:47   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
9 kmpl is good as I had been getting 9 to 9.5 only consistently on my Cedia. I think you should not bother much about this issue now. Do check what they have done to rectify and why this was an issue in a new car.
Yes, am quite curious to know what they did, ECU reset surely has been done. But this should have been done earlier too when I complained similar.

No clue man, Aquest says they only cleaned air filter, which incidentally is new from the 19th Jan service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Sir, there will be noise under emergency braking and it will come from the front wheels. The car will definitely stop with a shudder as if the brakes are applied again and again. This is same for all cars with ABS. However, there is no rattling thing or longer brake travel. Its definitely to do with the caliper piston setting (until there is brake booster problem, which doesnt seem so because your car's braking is good at high speeds).

And why is that until they are giving you a new car.
Yes GC, braking is spongy at lower speeds and once the car has been in traffic awhile longer.

The Aquest guys also asked for my extended warranty booklet, which I have not received either, no clue man why the fuss.

Dont want a new car, this was 'new' too.

My wife last night has passed the verdict: Sell It!

She was upset as to how many times will it go for service, well I don't detail out issues to her or else I will have to sell it right away.

Am glad you guys are happy with your cars.

I have quite a mind of getting the issues thoroughly checked by a local Mitsubishi garage of repute for second opinions. The Aquest guys somehow are shy of delving deeper into issues.

The steering has been 'off' since last July and only started getting noisy of late, and it is a failed steering column.

The rear suspension was noisy and took many times of going to ASC to find a missing link was the cause.

And you know my story on the brakes and front suspension setup and the rear left suspension and the mileage and the engine noise at low RPMs and the shudder and the creaky dash etc.
Old 27th February 2012, 17:22   #156
Senior - BHPian

@Mandheer: Why have you been persisting with Aquest? Don't you have any other choices? e.g. friendly mechanic or any other Mitsu A.S.S.

I am hoping the Chennai technician is able to diagnose all problems accurately. If that does not happen, then can you show your car to some other expert in Mumbai?
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2012, 17:49   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
@Mandheer: Why have you been persisting with Aquest? Don't you have any other choices? e.g. friendly mechanic or any other Mitsu A.S.S.

I am hoping the Chennai technician is able to diagnose all problems accurately. If that does not happen, then can you show your car to some other expert in Mumbai?
No S_U_N, there are no other authorized options in Mumbai I know of.

There are dime a doze Mitsubishi garages who cater to Lancers and Pajeros, but never seen any being authorized or stocking genuine parts. They rely on after market spares or buy from Aquest spares, depending upon customers preference.

Only Aquest has three facilities now, with sole service stations in Mumbai. No other workshop would be able to get repairs under warranty.

What do you think?

About Chennai, I would like to show him around myself again, and will update.

Last edited by mandheers : 27th February 2012 at 17:50.
Old 29th February 2012, 11:29   #158
BHPian

The situation today, and I cannot stop smiling and wondering!

Had filled up 20 again, and from the looks of it, might go another 5 odd kms before the light pops up.

The HM representative from Chennai is also coming over today, and I will ask him to inquire at Aquest, since all they tell me is they only cleaned air filter and didn't even acknowledge the ECU reset.

It's the same me, same car, same roads, same traffic conditions, same fuel pumps, and from doing 120-140 max in 20 ltrs, it looks like an easy 200kms this first time.
Attached Thumbnails
Mitsubishi Cedia Sports- the Red Beast!-img2012022900014.jpg  

Old 29th February 2012, 13:07   #159
BHPian

Mr. Lavakumar came from HM Chennai, did a longish TD with him.

Sadly no sound came today, he has however take the vehicle for inspection.

The low fuel light came on at 205.4 kms.

More on the TD and my discussion with him later.

OT edit: Looking back at the dash in the pic below and I better get a thorough cleaning done inside out!

Last edited by mandheers : 29th February 2012 at 13:09.
Old 29th February 2012, 14:20   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mr. Lavakumar came from HM Chennai, did a longish TD with him.
Sadly no sound came today, he has however take the vehicle for inspection.
To hear all the noises from the car, I believe you had all the windows rolled up.

Quote:
The low fuel light came on at 205.4 kms.
Thats pretty good for the driving conditions. Also, try fill in nitrogen. I got it filled along with new tires and I am some how managing a little better FE. Also, the rolling resistance is low.

Get the car thoroughly checked and take delivery only when you are completely satisfied .
Old 29th February 2012, 14:38   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
To hear all the noises from the car, I believe you had all the windows rolled up.

Thats pretty good for the driving conditions. Also, try fill in nitrogen. I got it filled along with new tires and I am some how managing a little better FE. Also, the rolling resistance is low.

Get the car thoroughly checked and take delivery only when you are completely satisfied .
The windows are always rolled up, unless I drive through Aarey colony.

Issue with the noises is, the noise from the dash, near steering comes usually on slightly broken roads, when passng over at low seeds of around 30, and it is like something loose picks up the vibration of the road.

The other noise form front suspension comes when I go over a short small speed bump/breaker, and goes krrkkk etc.

Didn't find any such patch during the TD.

Well, I will leave it to Mr. Lavakumar to decide. I am very happy at the genuine concern shown by HM Mitsubishi to send a senior technician down specifically for one day to check; that's again why I cannot get rude with them.

They are a good bunch of people.

Spoke to him at length about plans for the Cedia, he said the next is Pajero Sport and no plans for Cedia as such, but they are toying about a makeover maybe, but no diesel for now either.

They are getting a small car, so far unnamed, in April/May for test purposes and that might be the next thing if the test cars click.

I was keen to get Nitrogen, but then wont I get stuck with one pump for refills and I check TP every time I refuel.

This past whole week is the only time I did not, and usually I get it checked at the fuel pump itself, but made an exception today and got it checked at the tire shop just around the corner from my place.

In cold, front left and rear right were low, both 25, front right an rear left were both dot 30.

Your Yokos are the major reason for lower rolling resistance GC!

Everyone I know with Yokos says the car pulls effortlessly on them.

I told the gentleman about the closed air duct and it's effect on performance and the Potenzas. Also checked for tire upsize and he said it will have adverse effect on both FE and suspension.

What FE do you get GC? On 205s as against stock and regular driving vs pushing hard?
Old 29th February 2012, 15:07   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, I will leave it to Mr. Lavakumar to decide. I am very happy at the genuine concern shown by HM Mitsubishi to send a senior technician down specifically for one day to check; that's again why I cannot get rude with them.
Sure, I believe they should do their best. Also, I know its not good to be rude and specially not to a person who has come all the way from Chennai to check your car. But the thing is no one has time to visit ASC again and again for same or even in case of different issues if they come in majority. In your post couple of days back, you sounded as if you are fed up of all this and thats why I suggested to be a bit aggressive and that too with the Aquest guys..

Quote:
They are a good bunch of people.
They definitely are.

Quote:
They are getting a small car, so far unnamed, in April/May for test purposes and that might be the next thing if the test cars click.
Should be the new colt. They may launch it in 4-5 years..

Quote:
I was keen to get Nitrogen, but then wont I get stuck with one pump for refills and I check TP every time I refuel.
The Yoko showroom is very near to my place and the shopkeeper said that I will need a refill every 2 months or so. And it seems true because my brother in law (sister's husband) got A-Drives on his car and he gets the nitrogen topped up every 3-4k kms or 2 months.

Quote:
This past whole week is the only time I did not, and usually I get it checked at the fuel pump itself, but made an exception today and got it checked at the tire shop just around the corner from my place.
I believe you locate one good tire shop or pump where you can top up the air.

Quote:
Your Yokos are the major reason for lower rolling resistance GC!
may be, these are silica based tires, so the resistance if low.

Quote:
Also checked for tire upsize and he said it will have adverse effect on both FE and suspension.
I believe 205/60/15, Yokohama AVS dB v550 should best suit you. They are premium series tire from Yokohama and should cost around 6.5k or so. They are good on comfort and you shouldnt notice any change in FE and they should also not adversely affect the suspension. You can also get them in 195/60/15. Khoj Sir, Shuv Sir and brother in law's brother have them on their cedia, civic and fluidic verna respectively. And all are pretty happy. Also, bhpian Sukrit have them on his Punto.

Quote:
What FE do you get GC? On 205s as against stock and regular driving vs pushing hard?
No major difference in FE in 195/60/15 Bridgestone RE88 vs 205/55/15 S-Drives. In fact, the s-Drives are silica based and one can get a little more FE from them. I think V550s are also semi silica if not full.

Under sedate driving in delhi with minimal jams, I get 11-12 easy with AC. Under hard driving, I get 6-7 and under mixed driving I get 9-10kmpl. With nitrogen and new tires, I have got 11 with AC with 25% hard driving and 75% normal. But I am still to check for more..

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 29th February 2012 at 15:12.
Old 6th March 2012, 13:48   #163
BHPian

Quick update on Red: Was delivered back last Thursday, 1st March, personally by Mr. lava Kumar.

Mr. Lava Kumar was too courteous and knowledgeable, he even extended his trip by a day to oversee repairs, and since then I have received two feedback calls and an email from HM assuring me of continued service and apologizing for the inconvenience.

He found the steering column faulty and had excess (though slight is what he said) play, which caused the noise.

They have installed a brand new steering column and replaced a faulty coil spring tube, which I had to pay 200/- for.

The labour alone for the steering column assembly is 15,284/- which I have not been charged, part cost not mentioned.

The last time they took it in Feb, they found the alignment out which they did free of cost and they did a check of engine sensor parameter using MUT III.

Was in Delhi since Friday till Sunday hence only got to drive around starting yesterday.

Have again filled up 20 liters exactly on the amber light as I want to check FE again.

There is again a slight change in RPM behavior, it stays put well below 1k on idle with AC but rushes to 2k sooner, on slight acceleration or tap on pedal; just an observation.

So only thing I noted was throttle response has slightly changed, and I have to be very light on the accelerator pedal. I have to revv a little extra to move in 1st gear sometimes.

I will however not point that out as good/bad until the FE figures come in.

The last was an awe-inspiringly impressive figure of 205 in 20 liters, in Mumbai ‘drive-time’ traffic with AC and strictly sedate driving.

What I wanted to understand is: are there any specific tunings etc for the Cedia?
Old 6th March 2012, 15:54   #164
Senior - BHPian

^All this sounds good.

What about the 'spongy' brakes?
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2012, 17:55   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
^All this sounds good.

What about the 'spongy' brakes?
That is under review as well, but frankly I have gotten used to them now.

My brake judgement has changed accordingly over these many kms of driving the car.

Will need an outsider's POV.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks