Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2013, 10:00   #196
BHPian

Re: sx4 diesel Gear downshift issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep3in View Post
Bill attached, have greyed out certain personal information.

Think about it, that for a manufacturing defect , a customer has to shell 3k to get the car on the road.
Many thanks for uploading the invoice. Really appreciate it!

I will reach out the Sr.management for MSIL.

BR

Amit
Old 9th December 2013, 15:48   #197
BHPian

Re: sx4 diesel Gear downshift issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post
I will reach out the Sr.management for MSIL.

Amit
I happen to speak to the TSM and expressed my unhappiness in shelling out 3k for a defect.

I told the TSM that i had done my service of 40 k around 2 weeks back and after 2 weeks i again spend money on gear oil change etc etc .

He readily agreed that this should have been covered under warranty and i have to pay for the clutch plate which is optional for replacement.

The question you should be asking is that if a manufacturing defect shows on a vehicle after the warranty expiration , what would be Maruti Suzuki stand on it ?

If they claim it is a not a manufacturing defect, there are ample proof to show it is.
Old 23rd December 2013, 09:41   #198
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki SX4 Diesel (1.3 DDiS): Test Drive and Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigyy View Post
A Technical issue:
I got my Sx4 "Celebration Edition" car delivered to me earlier this month & have barely covered about 750Kms till yet. Off-late i have been getting the dreaded "kat-kat" sound from the front left side of the car upon low rpm acceleration, abrupt braking & at slightest of swerving to the left.

The sound seems to be coming from the front left side, though am not able to make out whether the sound is coming from the front left suspension or the front co-passenger seat or is it from under the chassis ??

Anyone else facing or has faced a similar problem with the Sx4 Diesel ??

Mods: Sorry if there was a thread for this already, i tried the search function but could not find any relevant thread for the Sx4 as there are very few active threads for the Sx4 Diesel. Please move to the relevant thread if this is the wrong place to ask this question !!
Hi Prodigyy,

Its surely the noise from the "Link Rod". There was similar noise from my suspension as well. The problem was identified as link Rod. Incidentally mine is also celebration edition.

Maruti A.S.S was not in favor to cover this in warranty, but after some minor resistance from my side, they agreed to cover it in warranty.

BR

Amit
Old 10th July 2014, 13:48   #199
BHPian

urgent Help Side mirror broken

Hello,

Today in the morning met with a minor accident. The Passenger side mirror of my Sx4 Zdi came off. Luckily the motor assembly is absolutely working fine.

I did enquire M.A.S.S about mirror alone, but they said the mirror comes with complete assembly with for Rs 5,000+. I don't believe MASS guys.

Could you pls. let me know if alone mirror is available and from I can procure it in Delhi/Gurgaon. Preferably in Gurgaon.

Thanks

Amit
Old 11th July 2014, 12:58   #200
BHPian

Re: urgent Help Side mirror broken

Quote:
Hello,

Today in the morning met with a minor accident. The Passenger side mirror of my Sx4 Zdi came off. Luckily the motor assembly is absolutely working fine.

I did enquire M.A.S.S about mirror alone, but they said the mirror comes with complete assembly with for Rs 5,000+. I don't believe MASS guys.

Could you pls. let me know if alone mirror is available and from I can procure it in Delhi/Gurgaon. Preferably in Gurgaon.

Thanks

Amit

Hi Amit,

The mirror (glass) alone is not available off the shelf. However, i replaced my assembly for 1700 INR inclusive of the paint job.

May be since your's is the top end variant it might cost slightly higher, because of the Inbuilt blinkers. Check with an accessories shop and they should give you a competitive rate.

Regards

Ameya
Ameya_G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2014, 22:48   #201
BHPian

I am using a 2011 sx4 zdi. I bought it used one month back. Its now 46000 kms on odo. There is a whistling sound(not loud) from the engine at rpms 1900 to 2300. Is this normal. If not what could be the cause for this sound?
Old 5th October 2014, 20:47   #202
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireblade007 View Post
I am using a 2011 sx4 zdi. I bought it used one month back. Its now 46000 kms on odo. There is a whistling sound(not loud) from the engine at rpms 1900 to 2300. Is this normal. If not what could be the cause for this sound?
That is the turbo spooling sound. Its normal.

Regards
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 13:18   #203
BHPian

My Sx4 (D) has covered 56k kms, recently I have noticed the mileage has dropped from 15km/l to about 11km/l. 100% Aircon, is surely one factor, but I still feel its less. The car has been always been serviced M.A.S.S. No visible smoke @ idle, but black smoke is visible post on sudden acceleration, post 2000 RPM.

Intercooler was cleaned @ 45,000 km, 95% of the time, I have been filling the car from the same HP company owned pump.

Any suggestion?
Old 26th April 2016, 14:36   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My Sx4 (D) has covered 56k kms, recently I have noticed the mileage has dropped from 15km/l to about 11km/l. 100% Aircon, is surely one factor, but I still feel its less. The car has been always been serviced M.A.S.S. No visible smoke @ idle, but black smoke is visible post on sudden acceleration, post 2000 RPM.

Intercooler was cleaned @ 45,000 km, 95% of the time, I have been filling the car from the same HP company owned pump.

Any suggestion?

It is either bad fuel or clogged injectors. As far as I know, injectors are due for a change after 45K km, check it with MASS.

Black smoke is indication of unburnt fuel. If it is only on sudden acceleration, then most probably it is injectors.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 14:48   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
It is either bad fuel or clogged injectors. As far as I know, injectors are due for a change after 45K km, check it with MASS.

Black smoke is indication of unburnt fuel. If it is only on sudden acceleration, then most probably it is injectors.
Thanks Aroy, for your prompt reply!

Are you sure about injectors? IMHO, injectors have a long life span. Bad fuel is ruled out! As since day 1, I'm getting fuel from same station, its a HP company owned bunk. Also tried with other pump, but same results.

Its only the sudden acceleration, I get the black smoke! How do I check with MASS about injectors, they will suggest multiple things like Intercooler cleaning or EGR or may come up with the standard answer, all cars give black smoke.

Is there any specific injection cycle for the injectors which can be measured!
amitpunjani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 18:16   #206
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Aroy, for your prompt reply!

Are you sure about injectors? IMHO, injectors have a long life span. Bad fuel is ruled out! As since day 1, I'm getting fuel from same station, its a HP company owned bunk. Also tried with other pump, but same results.

Its only the sudden acceleration, I get the black smoke! How do I check with MASS about injectors, they will suggest multiple things like Intercooler cleaning or EGR or may come up with the standard answer, all cars give black smoke.

Is there any specific injection cycle for the injectors which can be measured!
I have run 1.03 lakh kms in SX4 diesel. I observed mileage drop from 15-16 kmpl to 12-13 kmpl during last 2 tank full method. My car is remapped. I too observe black smoke under hard acceleration. It was present even in stock map. I had a casual talk about this with my SA. He suggested to go for injector servicing at Bosch service centre. He told MASS doesn't do it and they will remove injectors and send to them.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 19:03   #207
Senior - BHPian

I was told by a senior service manager of Maruti, that most Diesel injectors in cars, especially high revving ones have a service life of 40K km. You can inspect them for gumming and clean them. If that is all, then your injectors will last another 20K km. If the fuel is corrosive; when kerosene is mixed with diesel it is; then the injector nozzle may get corroded and enlarged. In that case there will be excessive fuel injected and some of it will remain unburnt. This will be most evident under hard acceleration or at high speeds. You can check for smoke at high speed. If it is there at say steady 130 km/h, then the injectors need change, else cleaning may suffice.

In any case lower of FE indicates more fuel than required is being used.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 11:06   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I have run 1.03 lakh kms in SX4 diesel. I observed mileage drop from 15-16 kmpl to 12-13 kmpl during last 2 tank full method. My car is remapped. I too observe black smoke under hard acceleration. It was present even in stock map. I had a casual talk about this with my SA. He suggested to go for injector servicing at Bosch service centre. He told MASS doesn't do it and they will remove injectors and send to them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
I was told by a senior service manager of Maruti, that most Diesel injectors in cars, especially high revving ones have a service life of 40K km. You can inspect them for gumming and clean them. If that is all, then your injectors will last another 20K km. If the fuel is corrosive; when kerosene is mixed with diesel it is; then the injector nozzle may get corroded and enlarged. In that case there will be excessive fuel injected and some of it will remain unburnt. This will be most evident under hard acceleration or at high speeds. You can check for smoke at high speed. If it is there at say steady 130 km/h, then the injectors need change, else cleaning may suffice.

In any case lower of FE indicates more fuel than required is being used.
Many thanks for your reply!

Yesterday, I'm the initial stages for finding out the root cause, but it seems i am on the right track. Yesterday, i added 3 pouches of ADON D in 20 Litres of fuel(purchased from IOCL bunk) and it did the trick. Since yesterday, i have driven about 80 Km till now and can safely say smoke upto 70% has reduced under hard acceleration.

Hard to believe under Rs 50/-, the problem is nearly gone! Today, online, i saw STP injector cleaner to be used as diesel additive, do you think, shall i got for it?
Old 27th April 2016, 11:15   #209
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Many thanks for your reply!

Yesterday, I'm the initial stages for finding out the root cause, but it seems i am on the right track. Yesterday, i added 3 pouches of ADON D in 20 Litres of fuel(purchased from IOCL bunk) and it did the trick. Since yesterday, i have driven about 80 Km till now and can safely say smoke upto 70% has reduced under hard acceleration.

Hard to believe under Rs 50/-, the problem is nearly gone! Today, online, i saw STP injector cleaner to be used as diesel additive, do you think, shall i got for it?
I have used Abro diesel injector cleaner with one full tank of fuel. I did not find any noticeable difference.
Old 27th April 2016, 11:29   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I have used Abro diesel injector cleaner with one full tank of fuel. I did not find any noticeable difference.
Try, ADON D, just Rs 15/ a sachet (10ml), recommended is 10ml for 10 litres. I found it really useful!

Also, many congrats for your S cross 1.6!! Looking forward for your report on that!
amitpunjani is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks