Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2011, 16:32   #121
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki SX4 Diesel (1.3 DDiS): Test Drive and Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Congrats powertrain!

Which colour? Final OTR Price? Freebies?
Thanks Ajay !!!!!
Colour - Clear Beige

Ex Showroom Cost - 8,68,283.00
Reg - Ind - 64,455.00
Insurance - 22,046.00
Depot Charges - 2830.00
Total - 9,57,614.00

Freebies -
Floor Mat
3M Anti rust Coating
Teflon Body Coating
Steering Cover.
Guys ,i'm of the opinion that the insurance amount is on the higher side.
What do you guys think?Should I get a quote from outside?

Last edited by powertrain : 7th June 2011 at 16:35.
Old 7th June 2011, 17:14   #122
BHPian

Please let me know the final price and any freebies so I can negotiate with the dealer .

What is the color you have selected , it seems there is a new gray color introduced any idea on the same ?

Sorry powertrain i didn't see your last post . The offered freebies are is on the ZDI ?

Last edited by sandeep3in : 7th June 2011 at 17:22.
Old 7th June 2011, 19:12   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Thanks Ajay !!!!!
@PT - Congrats on your booking

To answer your query..

Simple thought.

Don't just look at absolute value of the insurance premium. Spend a lot of time to find out what is covered and what isn't

There are many new options like 0% etc. So opt for the one that will serve you well.

HTH
Old 7th June 2011, 20:11   #124
BHPian

If this attempt--the attempt-to plonk the diesel motor into SX4-- by MSIL is intended to boost up sales of SX4. Then, my belief is this attempt shall not back-fire and that sales of SX4 shall rise from now onwards. Although,its a bit ackward to me that the few SX4 diesels that one came across on road or environs , most of them were bearing a yellow number-plate with black initials.!!??
Old 8th June 2011, 07:45   #125
BHPian

Friends – Can some one point me to the PDI check list for sx4 .Please help
Old 8th June 2011, 18:12   #126
BHPian

Could someone please comment about the low speed ride of the SX4 diesel?? I'm looking at a car in this segment for my dad who is 58, 6 foot plus, with lower back problems. So ride comfort is priority one.
I'm also looking at the ANHV, but am a little concerned about the height of the front seats, as my dad finds it difficult to climb out of low cars. Anyone who's TDed the ANHV could chip in here! Thanks.
Old 8th June 2011, 20:09   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Could someone please comment about the low speed ride of the SX4 diesel?? I'm looking at a car in this segment for my dad who is 58, 6 foot plus, with lower back problems. So ride comfort is priority one.
I'm also looking at the ANHV, but am a little concerned about the height of the front seats, as my dad finds it difficult to climb out of low cars. Anyone who's TDed the ANHV could chip in here! Thanks.
Geo, My dad has the same problem. And just for the record,i've just booked the SX4 ZDi yesterday. I test drove the linea,vento,new verna before finalizing on SX4 D & as per my opnion,the SX4 D provides you with the elevated seating position. In the linea,vento & new verna you get into the seats. The only car come with similar configaration in the Tata Manza.
Hope this helps !!!!
Cheers
Old 8th June 2011, 20:42   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Please do so. You have nothing to loose here, enquire with a couple of other insurers too. Also, about the freebies, get it in writing from the dealer so that they don't go back on their words in case you decide not to insure your car through them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
Don't just look at absolute value of the insurance premium. Spend a lot of time to find out what is covered and what isn't

There are many new options like 0% etc. So opt for the one that will serve you well.

HTH
A very valid point and I agree. Plastics and depreciation can make you spend a lot more in case of a crash. These policies have a slightly higher premium but worth it I would say.

TATA AIG offers such policies, not sure about others.

All the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep3in View Post
Friends – Can some one point me to the PDI check list for sx4 .Please help
Here you go: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html
Old 8th June 2011, 23:52   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Freebies -
Floor Mat
3M Anti rust Coating
Teflon Body Coating
Steering Cover.
Congrats Man ! I cant believe they are giving freebies on this. By the way whats the delivery time like?

Please try & enquire insurance outside too. I heard that HDFC offers good insurance cover from a cost perspective. Also now we have something called bumper-to-bumper coverage [Bajaj Allianz has it for sure] where we pay 0/- for even fiber parts where usually 50% is deducted. This will be a good deal even if we have to pay few grands extra initially.
Old 9th June 2011, 16:23   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Congrats Man ! I cant believe they are giving freebies on this. By the way whats the delivery time like?

Please try & enquire insurance outside too. I heard that HDFC offers good insurance cover from a cost perspective. Also now we have something called bumper-to-bumper coverage [Bajaj Allianz has it for sure] where we pay 0/- for even fiber parts where usually 50% is deducted. This will be a good deal even if we have to pay few grands extra initially.
The Zero percentage Depreciation Car Insurance schemes are discussed at below two links http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...insurance.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...worked-me.html
Old 9th June 2011, 18:05   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Geo, My dad has the same problem. And just for the record,i've just booked the SX4 ZDi yesterday. I test drove the linea,vento,new verna before finalizing on SX4 D & as per my opnion,the SX4 D provides you with the elevated seating position. In the linea,vento & new verna you get into the seats. The only car come with similar configaration in the Tata Manza.
Hope this helps !!!!
Cheers

Thanks Powertrain. The Manza's not on the radar. I'm yet to TD either the SX4 or the Verna. Put up an initial ownership report as soon as you get her home. Emphasise on how yor dad felt about the ride!
Congrats on yer new ride!

Regarding insurance, I'd recommend the company with whom your Maruti dealer has a collaboration, to avoid hassles.
For example, I'd given my WagonR for regular service last week, and it had a fairly big scratch extending from the middle of my front left door to the front wheel arch (left by my colleague when my car was parked!!!). The body shop fella at Ganesh Cars, Vellore quoted 7.5 k for the work, and said the insurance would take care of it (He'd arrange everything) and that i'd only have to pay 750/- bucks!
Unfortunately my car is insured by New India Assurance, with whom Ganesh Cars have no collaboration. After checking my documents, the body shop bloke very apologetically informed me that I'd have to pay from my pocket and that I'd have to claim insurance on my own, if I wished to! I didn't quite have the time to go after my insurance guy last week, hence I had to postpone my bodywork.
Check that factor out before you decide on where to get your new ride insured.

Last edited by Technocrat : 20th June 2011 at 22:36.
Old 20th June 2011, 20:58   #132
BHPian

Hello guys,
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, I bought SX4 Diesel in BANGALORE around 40 days back, done 910kms so far. I own a 2.5 yrs old Swift Vxi (ABS). I have bought both the cars from Mandovi Lavelle Road. I gave my swift vxi for servicing to the Mandovi service station at Wilson Garden. To say the least, my experience with them has been quite devastating. They always screw up something - I never realised this for the first 3 free services. After the 4th paid service I realized that my Swift is in quite a bad shape - Brake creaking, clutch has become hard, Bonnet rattling in the first gear etc etc ...
To cut the story short, I am nervous and infact do not want to give the SX4 ZDi to the Mandovi @ Wilson garden ... I wanted to know which authorized service center in Bangalore is good in terms of service. I live in INDIRANAGAR, so something around that would be comfortable.

Hope this is the right place to post this. Mods, pls pardon me if I have missed any rules of this forum

Thanks in advance
Old 22nd June 2011, 23:19   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain
Freebies -
Floor Mat
3M Anti rust Coating
Teflon Body Coating
Steering Cover.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious

Congrats Man ! I cant believe they are giving freebies on this.
Freebies!!

Boy, my sales guys never even blinked an eye when I asked them for such a thing!
Their only reply was that since its a new launch , the showroom did not offer any discounts or freebies.

I enquired with a few more dealers here and the story was the same.
The only reprise they gave me was that they matched the insurance quote from a competitive insurance company.

Mine was the 1st ZDi in the city when I got it delivered.

Guess fame has its own misfortunes

Last edited by Monaro CV8 : 22nd June 2011 at 23:21.
Old 23rd June 2011, 15:31   #134
BANNED

I wonder if anyone is reading this thread anymore. I have one query. Just googled and found out the Maruti (Suzuki) would be coming out with its own diesel engine mid 2011. My first question is, is it out yet? Also read that it will power SX4. Has it started or is SX4 still using the same Fiat D?
Old 29th June 2011, 13:01   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iswear View Post
Hello guys,
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, I bought SX4 Diesel in BANGALORE around 40 days back, done 910kms so far.
Thanks in advance
Hi @Iswear, Congrats on buying the new SX4. I hope you found info about better service center. I down own a Maruti so I dont know about that, sorry. This is to request you to post your experience of driving this car in Bangalore traffic. Whenever you find some time please write about how the driveability is and any other issues you find. Thank you!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks