Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2012, 20:12   #151
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki SX4 Diesel (1.3 DDiS): Test Drive and Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keralite View Post
Finally, I have booked SX4 Celebration model.

Will get the delivery by this weekend.
Hi Keralite,

Many congrats buddy for the excellent choice, last week only i picked up the Celebration model :-). Make you take the discounts offered on the celebration model.

Congrats ones again!

Amit
amitpunjani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2012, 15:11   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
What is the celebration model? Is it like with accessories like parking sensors, leather seats etc? I guess Sx4 diesel is the only diesel car which does not have a waiting period. If you do not mind can you share the OTR cost? Which other cars did you consider?
Maruti has launched this limited edition to celebrate their 10 million domestic sales. It comes with some extra features like premium fabric seat, body graphics, some chrome lines here and there....nothing much to be talked about.

But, the important factor is they are offering some discount. I got some 35K discount with 10K accessories free.

On road is 11.01 lacs excluding above discounts.

I am going to get it in a weeks time. But, won't be the same case (speedy delivery) now on due to the lock-out at Maruti's Manesar Plant, where this car is being manufactured.
Old 6th August 2012, 15:15   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post
Hi Keralite,

Many congrats buddy for the excellent choice, last week only i picked up the Celebration model :-). Make you take the discounts offered on the celebration model.

Congrats ones again!

Amit
Thanks & congrats to you as well.

Have you gone for any additional accessories. I will get 10K acessories free and thinking what all to take, as it is already a fully loaded version.
Old 6th August 2012, 15:24   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks & congrats to you as well.

Have you gone for any additional accessories. I will get 10K acessories free and thinking what all to take, as it is already a fully loaded version.
Buddy, what are discounts your are getting, that matter the most. Instead of accessories, get the 4th year warranty done.

Also i am not sure, whether this engine has Synthetic oil or mineral oil as the celebration model were manufacturerd in Feb and March 2012. My dealer is saying that oil change will be done at 10,000 where as the owners manual says first service at 1,000 and replace engine oil.

BR

Amit
Old 6th August 2012, 15:56   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Also i am not sure, whether this engine has Synthetic oil or mineral oil as the celebration model were manufacturerd in Feb and March 2012. My dealer is saying that oil change will be done at 10,000 where as the owners manual says first service at 1,000 and replace engine oil.

BR

Amit
I have an Ertiga ZDi that uses the same engine as SX4. Just got the 1st service done 2 weeks back. No engine oil change. As per the manual also engine oil needs to be changed after 10k Kms.
nurni76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2012, 16:02   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
I have an Ertiga ZDi that uses the same engine as SX4. Just got the 1st service done 2 weeks back. No engine oil change. As per the manual also engine oil needs to be changed after 10k Kms.
Hi Buddy,

That is the problem i am facing now... my manal says change engine oil at 1,000 kms. So i am assuming its mineral oil not synthetic.

Mine is SX4 Diesel celebration model, which was manufactured in March 2012 and last week only i have bought it

Amit
Old 6th August 2012, 16:06   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Buddy,

That is the problem i am facing now... my manal says change engine oil at 1,000 kms. So i am assuming its mineral oil not synthetic.

Mine is SX4 Diesel celebration model, which was manufactured in March 2012 and last week only i have bought it

Amit
Can't understand why this difference between SX4 and Ertiga. I guess SX4 manual may not have been updated since my manual says oil change after 10000 Kms. I think you could check with the dealer again. IMHO, you need not change oil now.

PS: Check the manual again; even I was confused initially. In first service, it says engine oil, coolant oil, while under 3rd service it said engine oil change as a separate line.

Last edited by nurni76 : 6th August 2012 at 16:08.
Old 6th August 2012, 16:09   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Can't understand why this difference between SX4 and Ertiga. I guess SX4 manual may not have been updated since my manual says oil change after 10000 Kms. I think you could check with the dealer again. IMHO, you need not change oil now.
To be honest, i am planning to go for oil change at the first service, i know it will cost a bit about Rs 3,000, but peace of mind
Old 7th August 2012, 16:23   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Maruti has launched this limited edition to celebrate their 10 million domestic sales. It comes with some extra features like premium fabric seat, body graphics, some chrome lines here and there....nothing much to be talked about.

But, the important factor is they are offering some discount. I got some 35K discount with 10K accessories free.

I am going to get it in a weeks time. But, won't be the same case (speedy delivery) now on due to the lock-out at Maruti's Manesar Plant, where this car is being manufactured.
Hi Buddy,

Could you please check with Dealer, is the SX4 diesel filled with mineral or Synthetic oil?

As i mentioned, i took the delivery last week of Celebration edition.The owners manual says about oil change on first service, which is pointing out towards mineral oil, but when i comfirmed with the Dealer, they said first oil change will take place at 10,000 since its filled with Synthetic oil.

Hence i am dam confused

BR

Amit
Old 7th August 2012, 17:06   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Buddy,

Could you please check with Dealer, is the SX4 diesel filled with mineral or Synthetic oil?

As i mentioned, i took the delivery last week of Celebration edition.The owners manual says about oil change on first service, which is pointing out towards mineral oil, but when i comfirmed with the Dealer, they said first oil change will take place at 10,000 since its filled with Synthetic oil.

Hence i am dam confused

BR

Amit
SX4 Diesel is fitted with Variable Geometry Turbo and hence should need SAE 5W40 oil (in line with other cars using same Fiat engine with VGT). I had read somewhere on the forum that Maruti dealers use Mobil Delvac 1 5W40 in SX4 D. So in all probability, it is a synthetic oil filled from factory and your dealer is right.

Also remember, normally a dealer will not refuse you for an oil change, that too for synthetic, since it's very profitable for them. Hope this helps.
amit1234singla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2012, 18:44   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Congrats on booking SX4-D.

IMHO, ~11 lacs for such an aging car is way too much. In the same 11 lacs or even lesser, you can get many newly launched cars I believe. For instance, did you consider the Rapid, Fiesta, Vento, Verna and all?
Old 8th August 2012, 09:46   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
SX4 Diesel is fitted with Variable Geometry Turbo and hence should need SAE 5W40 oil (in line with other cars using same Fiat engine with VGT). I had read somewhere on the forum that Maruti dealers use Mobil Delvac 1 5W40 in SX4 D. So in all probability, it is a synthetic oil filled from factory and your dealer is right.

Also remember, normally a dealer will not refuse you for an oil change, that too for synthetic, since it's very profitable for them. Hope this helps.
Thanks for your kind reply, i am planning for the oil change at 1,000 kms. Though it will cost a bomb shell, i believe because of the brand new engine metal shavings, it would be beneficial to get the Engine oil and filter change or perhaps i am

Amit
Old 21st August 2012, 11:54   #163
BHPian

Hi People,

Could anybody confirm whether the Oil change is mandatory for SX4 diesel on the first service and which one either mineral or synthetic?

The reason i am confused because the Owner's manual suggests to change the oil where as if see the maruti circular, it says only 10,000 kms. Even contacted MASS centres, those SA are giving proper answers

BR

Amit
Old 21st August 2012, 16:01   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Hi People,

Could anybody confirm whether the Oil change is mandatory for SX4 diesel on the first service and which one either mineral or synthetic?

The reason i am confused because the Owner's manual suggests to change the oil where as if see the maruti circular, it says only 10,000 kms. Even contacted MASS centres, those SA are giving proper answers

BR

Amit
Hello Amit,

The Manual says 1000kms for sure thats why I had changed the OIL myself , please make sure that the manual your given talks about the DDIS engine and not the VVT one ... A year ago three were no Diesel manuals available and I was told that would have to stick to the Petrol one .

The OIL that needs to go in is the Synthetic one .... the MASS at my place puts in the Mobil Delvac 1 ... Check out my Posts/Ownership thread for more details !!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-ddis-vdi.html

Hope this helps

Last edited by Peter : 21st August 2012 at 16:04.
Peter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2012, 16:07   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
Hello Amit,

The Manual says 1000kms for sure thats why I had changed the OIL myself , please make sure that the manual your given talks about the DDIS engine and not the VVT one ... A year ago three were no Diesel manuals available and I was told that would have to stick to the Petrol one .

The OIL that needs to go in is the Synthetic one .... the MASS at my place puts in the Mobil Delvac 1 ... Check out my Posts/Ownership thread for more details !!

hope this helps
Thanks Peter, for your useful input. I was also in the same mind to replace the engine oil at 1,000 kms. I contacted multiple SA they all have different version of story, some says its needs to change and some says it would be changed at 10,000.

If Original oil is also synthetic, which needs to replaced at 1,000 kms, that means the owner cost would be very high isn't?

Thanks your input.

Amit

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks