Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2011, 15:58   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki SX4 Diesel (1.3 DDiS): Test Drive and Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydswift View Post
Dear Friends, I need some suggestion for buying my next car. Currently, I own a Swift VDI and love that car. I need a diesel sedan. I shortlisted 2 cars SX4 Diesel VDI and New Verna 1.6L entry level Diesel variant(due to budget constraints) that is going to be launched this month. Both reviews are good. However, SX4 VDI lacks some basic safety features like ABS and airbags. The Verna 1.6L Diesel basic version come with ABS and single airbag and other good features like sterring mounted audio control and so on. My first question is How important is ABS for these big cars? I generally drive around 100 on highways. The onroad price for both seems to be equal. +/-10,000. Next question: How is after market service and parts pricing from Hyundai since I have not owned a Hyundai car before. Please suggest.
Please do buy a car with ABS [ and Airbags if possible]. The car size doesn't matter, neither the speeds. The speed you mentioned in the post is more than enough for you to have ABS mandatory.

Also please try to take a back to back TD for both the cars. I would suggest you to take the SX4 D first and then the Verna. In most probability you will not think about the SX4 once you sit in Verna. It will easily be leagues ahead of SX4 in the interiors / engine. The only points where the SX4 will have an edge will be on A$$ [Hyundai is almost there], high GC and a tall driving position.

But at a similar price point, I would any day prefer a Verna unless I need to have a car with high GC.

PS:: I have booked for a SX4 Diesel TD. Lets see when I will get a call. Will try for a Verna TD as well.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2011, 18:43   #107
BHPian

Finally got a chance to test drive the Super Turbo ZDI Model today but all my excitement ended up in disappointment, may be the test drive car was bad or what , the machine was too lethargic to respond and had knocking issues in 3rd gear. The engine was course and some lag was visible below 1800 rpm.

I had gone with high hopes of booking this car but I will wait for a vendor tdi test drive and also the new verna.

The Verna's performance is on par with other cars except Vento since 3rd and 4th Gear roll on figures are on par with Lineas and far away from Vento's super figures. I would probably spend another 50k and buy a solid European Car .
Old 30th May 2011, 19:06   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

2 months into the launch & not a single SX4 D in the forum !! Searched and found no ownership reports. I had taken a TD & found the engine to be nice! Good NVH levels as well. Quite decent suspension for the Indian roads. Gulped some craters with ease ! Though, it just doesn't feel like a 10L car from the inside. Except for the two tone dash, it feels like a Swift! I found the gear knob to be smaller than swift & smoother gear shifts too. The clutch is softer as well ! Though a sweet package, looks like Maruti got it wrong. I have been seeing a handful of SX4 Ds in Kerala & the dealer quoted me a waiting period of 2 months [He was willing to give me a Black SX4 ZDi in transit though, in around 15 days] !! But is it true that the demand is high for SX4 and there "actually" is a waiting period on the D?

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 30th May 2011 at 19:07.
Old 30th May 2011, 19:12   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
2 months into the launch & not a single SX4 D in the forum !! Searched and found no ownership reports. I had taken a TD & found the engine to be nice! Good NVH levels as well. Quite decent suspension for the Indian roads. Gulped some craters with ease ! Though, it just doesn't feel like a 10L car from the inside. Except for the two tone dash, it feels like a Swift! I found the gear knob to be smaller than swift & smoother gear shifts too. The clutch is softer as well ! Though a sweet package, looks like Maruti got it wrong. I have been seeing a handful of SX4 Ds in Kerala & the dealer quoted me a waiting period of 2 months [He was willing to give me a Black SX4 ZDi in transit though, in around 15 days] !! But is it true that the demand is high for SX4 and there "actually" is a waiting period on the D?
The first SX4 D in T_BHP is here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...diet-here.html
Old 30th May 2011, 19:28   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
But is it true that the demand is high for SX4 and there "actually" is a waiting period on the D?
Came to a news yesterday that 70% of the sales of Swift, DZire and SX4 are from Diesel models. So, the news about a waiting period of 2 months for SX4 D may be true.
Old 30th May 2011, 19:57   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
Yep, I got it ! Just after I bumped up the thread, I happened to click on the very same thread accidently and read the posts ! Quite coincidental.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Came to a news yesterday that 70% of the sales of Swift, DZire and SX4 are from Diesel models. So, the news about a waiting period of 2 months for SX4 D may be true.
I would agree with Swift & Dzire on the 70% front [It used to be 60-40 on Diesel - Petrol numbers]. I would take the case of SX4 with a pinch of salt though. From the sales numbers for last two months, there is no "sizeable" change in sales numbers with the addition of SX4 D. So 70% is quite optimistic in the case of SX4.
Old 4th June 2011, 18:09   #112
Senior - BHPian

I've a quick query :

Which engine oil is used in Maruti SX4 Diesel?
Old 6th June 2011, 10:57   #113
Senior - BHPian

Is anyone really buying SX4 diesel? Its been more than 3 months since the launch and I have not spotted a single SX4 D in Pune, atleast. Generally, however new a car is, we get to see atleast one on the road in a few weeks after launch. But, people are buying SX4 D elsewhere which is clearly reflected in SX4 sales. I am not very confident about the future of SX4 D, after the launch of new Verna and upcoming Fiesta. Verna has already clocked some amazing numbers since launch and it will continue to do so IMO.
Old 6th June 2011, 11:26   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Is anyone really buying SX4 diesel? Its been more than 3 months since the launch and I have not spotted a single SX4 D in Pune, atleast.
I am seeing decent numbers in Kerala, the state is known for its LOVE for Diesel cars. And as I told, the dealer is quoting a 2-3 month waiting period [claimed by the SE] as well. But the last time I went for TD, even the sales guys are not very enthusiastic about selling the SX4 D. As soon as I said I am going to TD Linea, NFS & Verna, the guy had a lot of disappointment on his face and except for a futile try himself to prove that Verna is over priced, he didn't open his mouth at all. I seriously will think 3-4 times before I put that cash on SX4 D.
Old 6th June 2011, 13:48   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Is anyone really buying SX4 diesel? Its been more than 3 months since the launch and I have not spotted a single SX4 D in Pune, atleast. Generally, however new a car is, we get to see atleast one on the road in a few weeks after launch. But, people are buying SX4 D elsewhere which is clearly reflected in SX4 sales. I am not very confident about the future of SX4 D, after the launch of new Verna and upcoming Fiesta. Verna has already clocked some amazing numbers since launch and it will continue to do so IMO.
Dear Ajay,
I hope you are looking correctly.
My SX4 ZDi was the first one in Pune & in the forum also. You may want to check out my post :-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2269312
(I've already clocked 6893 kms on the odo.)

Believe me, I've been spotting these cars everyday in Pune.
The most popular colors are light blue and white.

Be sure to look at the side fenders of an SX4 when you spot one. Notice the DDIS monograms on each side. Otherwise, all SX4s (Diesel or Petrol) look the same.

Last edited by Monaro CV8 : 6th June 2011 at 13:52.
Old 6th June 2011, 14:05   #116
Senior - BHPian

^^^ That is great Monaro CV8.

I always looking out for the VDi or ZDi badges on the rear. Should start looking at the DDiS badge on the sides. Generally, its difficult to get on the sides of a car on Pune roads. Most of the time, you are crawling behind the car in the front.

Anyways, Dear Monaro, I did not mean any offense. Just my observation. I will try to focus on the DDiS badge henceforth.

Do you have your ownership report? Why don't you start one incase you don't have one yet. I guess 6893 KMs on the odo will give us morals a perfect picture of what this car is/isn't capable of. And ofcourse, as it is customery, please add lots of pics.
Old 7th June 2011, 14:33   #117
BHPian

Any idea on the mileage for sx4 diesel , would it be on the similar lines as of a swift D . Iam on the verge of buying a sx4 diesel. Though I haven’t much of them on the road .
Old 7th June 2011, 14:38   #118
Senior - BHPian

Monaro

It was almost like a tight slap in my face yesterday. I stepped out of office parking and bang!!! Bumped into a SX4 D VDi white coloured. From exterior, except the VDi and DDiS badges, nothing to distinguish from the petrol sibling.

Now I can say that I saw atleast one SX4 D in Pune. The reg number was 3738.
Old 7th June 2011, 16:16   #119
BHPian

Just booked an SX4 ZDi exactly 34 minutes back
Delivery expected in 25 days !! Wish me luck fellows !!
Old 7th June 2011, 16:21   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Just booked an SX4 ZDi exactly 34 minutes back
Delivery expected in 25 days !! Wish me luck fellows !!
Congrats powertrain!

Which colour? Final OTR Price? Freebies?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks