Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2011, 17:04   #31
BHPian

Re: Leh in a Linea

Extremely courageous effort. Glued to the thread.
From what I know, Linea has a very low GC, if you survived Leh with that, I would be tempted to take my Esteem too

Cheers
Tapish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2011, 17:08   #32
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapish View Post
From what I know, Linea has a very low GC, if you survived Leh with that, I would be tempted to take my Esteem too
Thanks, Tapish. As I mentioned earlier, my Linea had more than 50 underbelly hits, but all the impacts were absorbed by her sturdy engine guard plate. My Linea was serviced at Amritsar and Srinagar and got the bent engine guard straightened.

Old 30th September 2011, 17:23   #33
Senior - BHPian

Great pics and nice narration, Ravi Ji!

Awaiting the rest of the story and pics! How was the Linea during your long drives? How long could you drive without getting fatigued?
Chevy_lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2011, 17:28   #34
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
How was the Linea during your long drives? How long could you drive without getting fatigued?
Thanks, Chevy_lover, for appreciation. My Linea fully co-operated with me during the Leh expedition. No breakdowns, no puncture, no clutch failure, no brake failure except underbelly hits more than 50 times which got straightened as I mentioned earlier. Nagpur to Amritsar[1583 km] was my longest drive with longest time with two power naps!

Last edited by J.Ravi : 30th September 2011 at 17:30.
  (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2011, 17:59   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapish View Post
Extremely courageous effort. Glued to the thread.
People have driven to Leh in Linea, Esteem, Swift, SX4, Honda City, Dezire, Indica, etc...and to top it all, a baby Alto, and not to mention two Leh drives in Matiz by the Captain HVK. So, virtually any car can be taken to Leh with proper planning, skills behind the wheel and some good fortunes. Can someone take a Tata Nano to Leh then!!

BTW, Great trip Ravi Ji. I like your determination. Others have already given all the compliments that I wanted to say. One thing I want to underline is that your wife also deserve equal applaud for agreeing and supporting you in this expedition. .

There may be several Leh TLs, that is all right, still, I can't resist rating your trip as 5 star too . So here it goes F5.

Just a query: Is Narshingpur bypass (N-S corridor) complete and fully open?
Sagar bypass is I think in early stage, though work has started!
LongDrive lover is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2011, 18:17   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post
BTW, Great trip Ravi Ji. I like your determination. Others have already given all the compliments that I wanted to say. One thing I want to underline is that your wife also deserve equal applaud for agreeing and supporting you in this expedition. .
Thanks LongDrive lover for bringing this up. I had thought on this earlier, but somehow skipped mentioning it, better late than never. Kudos to your better half, who stood by you in the thick & thin of your whole journey . Her contribution in your expedition cannot be underestimated. Hope she is as fresh as you after such an eventful journey. What are her initial impressions & takeaways from this expedition?
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2011, 18:27   #37
J.Ravi

Quote:
your wife also deserve equal applaud for agreeing and supporting you in this expedition. .
Just a query: Is Narshingpur bypass (N-S corridor) complete and fully open? Sagar bypass is I think in early stage, though work has started!
Thanks, LongDrive lover. Narsimhapur two-lane bypass is open, albeit no signages. By mistake, I saw the old signages, directing into the town and went a few km and then retracted back to bypass after enquiry at that ghostly hour! Driving through Sagar was a painful drive even at the midnight. Overnight rain made the it worse. After exiting Sagar town, I saw a partially completed bypass.

My wife was shocked to the core while driving on Zozilla Pass. Apart from that, she was alright and fully coped up with the strains of the trip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
What are her initial impressions & takeaways from this expedition?
Thank you, AutoIndian. Now that she has seen the worst, she is now ready for the next expedition, perhaps, Bhutan, Sikkim and NE!

Last edited by J.Ravi : 30th September 2011 at 18:30.
  (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2011, 19:31   #38
J.Ravi

Amritsar - in and around

My Linea did not rub the authorities on the wrong side throughout the Leh expedition! Neither cops nor RTO authorities of any of the 13 states/UT troubled us. My Linea does not have mandatory yellow stickers on her RHS headlamps. Even then, we had smooth passage through out Gujarat. My Linea does not have dark film on the windows, hence, I was not bothered by Chandigarh cops!

More photographs of Jallianwala Bagh:
Leh in a Linea-dsc04618.jpg
Leh in a Linea-dsc04619.jpg
Leh in a Linea-dsc04621.jpg
Leh in a Linea-dsc04623.jpg
Leh in a Linea-dsc04626.jpg
Leh in a Linea-dsc04628.jpg
Leh in a Linea-dsc04630.jpg
Leh in a Linea-dsc04634.jpg
Leh in a Linea-dsc04635.jpg
Many more photographs are in queue.
  (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2011, 19:37   #39
BHPian

A bit late here. But nevertheless read everything at one go. With my Vento coming next week, I have already started dreaming on such a trip. Thank you Ravi sir, you don't know what you have kindled glued on to the thread.
prabhuferrari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2011, 19:56   #40
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
With my Vento coming next week, I have already started dreaming on such a trip.
Congratulations and thanks for the compliments, prabhuferrari.

Old 30th September 2011, 22:07   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Great travelog seeming to unfold here, J.Ravi, and I look forward to reading the rest of it!
Quote:
Can someone take a Tata Nano to Leh then!!
@LDL: Check here to have your question answered - Nano Himalayan Expedition - India Travel Forum, BCMTouring.

Also this pic from Rohtang Pass...
Leh in a Linea-rohtang2manali-8k200.jpg
Old 1st October 2011, 00:04   #42
BHPian

I can only Say WOW !, what an accomplishment, Hats off to your will power and Meticulous planning, I am thoroughly enjoying your travelogue as it unfurls its like a irresistible Pot Boiler- Just Keep it coming
autohead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2011, 08:45   #43
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by autohead View Post
I am thoroughly enjoying your travelogue as it unfurls its like a irresistible Pot Boiler
Thanks, autohead. Notwithstanding the real meaning of pot-boiler, I take this as compliment!

Old 1st October 2011, 11:08   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Great travelog seeming to unfold here, J.Ravi, and I look forward to reading the rest of it!

@LDL: Check here to have your question answered - Nano Himalayan Expedition - India Travel Forum, BCMTouring.

Also this pic from Rohtang Pass...
Thanks SS Da for pointing it out. Just going through that Nano TL. Jai ho Nano Devi!! Now that is an awesome effort.

Thanks RaviJi for answering my query.
Old 1st October 2011, 14:13   #45
J.Ravi

Amritsar To Srinagar

Name:  CostOfPetrol.png
Views: 4650
Size:  20.1 KB

After visiting Jallianwala Bagh, we returned to MLCP and started for Srinagar at 11 am on 14 September 2011 [Wenesday] via this route. At Gurdaspur, my Linea had tankful of petrol and continued the journey until Srinagar.
Leh in a Linea-dsc04642.jpg
Leh in a Linea-dsc04643.jpg
Leh in a Linea-dsc04644.jpg
Leh in a Linea-dsc04646.jpg
Leh in a Linea-dsc04647.jpg
Leh in a Linea-dsc04648.jpg
Leh in a Linea-dsc04652.jpg
Leh in a Linea-dsc04655.jpg
Leh in a Linea-dsc04656.jpg
Leh in a Linea-dsc04658.jpg
Leh in a Linea-dsc04660.jpg
Leh in a Linea-dsc04662.jpg
Leh in a Linea-dsc04666.jpg
Leh in a Linea-dsc04667.jpg
Leh in a Linea-dsc04672.jpg
Leh in a Linea-dsc04674.jpg
Leh in a Linea-dsc04675.jpg
Leh in a Linea-dsc04677.jpg
Leh in a Linea-dsc04679.jpg
Leh in a Linea-dsc04681.jpg

To be continued.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 1st October 2011 at 14:29.
  (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks