Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2009, 17:05   #151
BHPian

Awesome Pics and Very Good Narration . Sad it had to end the way it did, but I bet the trip will be done within a year.

Ah!! When shall I ever visit this place?
Old 23rd September 2009, 19:22   #152
BHPian

You go girl..............

Big Respect...
Old 23rd September 2009, 21:19   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

As many mentioned never imagined a fracture to be caused due to a sporting accident during a biking trip. Had read of few travelouges on TBHP about loosing traction on Leh road due to gravel and mud so me too was thinking on those lines. Anyways, hope to see your complete travelouge on Leh soon. Also, read Amit is back driving and that too on Hyderabad traffic, no small feat. Great!!
Old 24th September 2009, 11:09   #154
BHPian

@majic
@krraj
@mayurpalav
@mpksuhas - yes we had all sorts of theories - beer, plucking apples, climbing, trekking, wrong tyres - lol!
@suman - yes, it was tempting to do this in the Safari - but biking it was better!
Thank you all for your kind words!
Old 24th September 2009, 12:02   #155
BHPian

After reading your journal, I remembered this quote -

~ If all difficulties were known at the outset of a long journey, most of us would never start out at all. Dan Rather

Beautiful pics and wonderful travelog amitp/amit. It takes a lot of courage and determination to do this kind of trip on a bike. I have also had similar experiences ( fell off the bike and broke my right wrist) and had to discontinue my journey. But life goes on and there is always ANOTHER DAY to conquer.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 25th September 2009 at 11:28. Reason: Removing tags
Old 25th September 2009, 11:26   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunu View Post
After reading your journal, I remembered this quote -

~ If all difficulties were known at the outset of a long journey, most of us would never start out at all. Dan Rather

Beautiful pics and wonderful travelog amitp/amit. It takes a lot of courage and determination to do this kind of trip on a bike. I have also had similar experiences ( fell off the bike and broke my right wrist) and had to discontinue my journey. But life goes on and there is always ANOTHER DAY to conquer.
Thanks Arun - wow - that must have been painful!

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 25th September 2009 at 11:28. Reason: Removing tags
Old 25th September 2009, 12:22   #157
Senior - BHPian

Heck Ami, dont know how i missed this....

but have gone thru it, all I can say is that despite the unfortunate and abrupt end to your trip, you and Amit at least got to live part of your long cherished dream. This is more than what a large majority can do, so cheer up! I am sure you will be on that road again, and if you ar eplanning to do this trip by car, check with me ....if the timing is right, i may join in with my wheels as well.

Oh, and needless to say- great narrative and beautifully simple travelogue. If ever a thread deserved 5 stars, this is it...Hope to see you both at our next meet.

Last edited by himanshugoswami : 25th September 2009 at 12:27.
Old 25th September 2009, 12:32   #158
Senior - BHPian

Amip,

I just logged on after a few days. This was the first thread I opened. Never expected such an ending to the trip. While you and Amit had taken precautions against biking accidents with protective gear and all, who would have expected an injury playing football. Heck, who plays football in Manali. BAD LUCK.a

Let me compkement you for a beautifully written travellogue. Crisply and the suspense would rival Jeffery Archer. BTW, have you thought of taking up writing as a carrier option.

P.S. The photos of Johnson's Cafe and the apples make me nostalgic. I want to go back .( was there two months back).

Hope Amit is recovering well and in high spirits.
Old 25th September 2009, 15:09   #159
BHPian

Great narration there and amazing pics!

Amit - Get well soon
Old 26th September 2009, 11:32   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Heck Ami, dont know how i missed this....

but have gone thru it, all I can say is that despite the unfortunate and abrupt end to your trip, you and Amit at least got to live part of your long cherished dream. This is more than what a large majority can do, so cheer up! I am sure you will be on that road again, and if you ar eplanning to do this trip by car, check with me ....if the timing is right, i may join in with my wheels as well.

Oh, and needless to say- great narrative and beautifully simple travelogue. If ever a thread deserved 5 stars, this is it...Hope to see you both at our next meet.
Thanks Himanshu - would be great to have you join us - I'm very sure we'll do this again & sooner rather than later!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Amip,

I just logged on after a few days. This was the first thread I opened. Never expected such an ending to the trip. While you and Amit had taken precautions against biking accidents with protective gear and all, who would have expected an injury playing football. Heck, who plays football in Manali. BAD LUCK.a

Let me compkement you for a beautifully written travellogue. Crisply and the suspense would rival Jeffery Archer. BTW, have you thought of taking up writing as a carrier option.

P.S. The photos of Johnson's Cafe and the apples make me nostalgic. I want to go back .( was there two months back).

Hope Amit is recovering well and in high spirits.
Thanks Rajneeesh - man proposes, God disposes - sigh. By the way whats the mystery of the triple e?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatsingh78 View Post
Great narration there and amazing pics!

Amit - Get well soon
Thanks Rajat!
Old 29th September 2009, 14:52   #161
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Rajneeesh - man proposes, God disposes - sigh. By the way whats the mystery of the triple e?

Well, when I was signing up, I wanted to use my own name. However it was already in use. Sorely lacking imagination and innovation of any sort, I just inserted an additional "e".

So, sorry to disappoint you, there is no mystery behind it.
Old 22nd October 2009, 11:40   #162
BHPian

Great travelogue Ami...I had been to Kullu manali rohtang for my honeymoon..
The place is just awesome..
Its just so nostalgic to see those places again....

Last edited by sidd25 : 22nd October 2009 at 11:51.
Old 23rd October 2009, 17:13   #163
BHPian

Ami & Amit,

Its really sad way to end the trip but never the less, you did spent some good time among the beautiful hills and had fun before the incident. Also good that medical centers were with in reach. Essence of the trip was nicely captured in the photographs and narrated very nicely.

All the best for your next trip and waiting to see another wonderful travelogue.
Old 26th October 2009, 13:50   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidd25 View Post
Great travelogue Ami...I had been to Kullu manali rohtang for my honeymoon..
The place is just awesome..
Its just so nostalgic to see those places again....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Ranger View Post
Ami & Amit,

Its really sad way to end the trip but never the less, you did spent some good time among the beautiful hills and had fun before the incident. Also good that medical centers were with in reach. Essence of the trip was nicely captured in the photographs and narrated very nicely.

All the best for your next trip and waiting to see another wonderful travelogue.
Thank you Indian Ranger & Sidd25! We are planning a Pench/Kanha trip soon..
Old 26th October 2009, 15:09   #165
BHPian

Hi Ami/Amit,

Great to see those pics in the travelogue, and so many others have written, you do write extremely well.

Those pictures of the road to Rohtang are strikingly vivid—on more or less the same dates, I tried two days running to get to Rohtang from Manali. I was in a Fiesta and it just wouldn't do it through the slush.

I finally gave up on the Fiesta and me and the lady did it on a rented Bullet. And what a sliding, swishing ride it was. For more than half the way, the Bullet had three "wheels"... the front wheel, the rear wheel, and my left shoe (which started out as gleaming white sneakers in Manali and reached Rohtang squishy, mud-streaked and a startling dark grey)!!

Thanks for a great travelogue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks