Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2009, 12:13   #166
BHPian

@rajeevn - Thank you! A rented bullet can be tough - quality of bikes available is quite poor - met a French guy who was trying to go up for the 6th time! LOL - of course that he carried all of his belongings (including a guitar) with him didn't help!
Old 29th October 2009, 10:27   #167
Senior - BHPian

Hey Ami and Amit,

Don't know how I missed this thread. Really sad end to what this trip could have been. But as the saying goes , " Once you get the taste, you keep going back". Hope you do the Leh trip next year.

BTW on the AMS front wante dto ask you, were you guys taking Diamox? Even though we were climbing from the Srinagar side gradually, regular dosages of Diamox along with plenty of Glucose Water kept AMS at bay for us. One of the guy did feel some breathlessness in Leh but nothing a little dose of Oxygen and a good night's sleep couldn't cure.

Cheers
Old 29th October 2009, 14:20   #168
BHPian

@MileCruncher - have been following your thread with a lot of envy - lol! Yes, we were taking Diamox - didn't seem to help. On the other hand, we can't be completely sure that it was indeed AMS - no breathlessness was experienced at all. Considering what was to come later I'm tempted to think it was just fate playing a trick :-)
Old 29th October 2009, 20:12   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Taking Diamox without enough water input - 2lt/person/day min - is also problematic. I always suggest take disprin morning and evening with lots of water (2lt/person/day). Diamox only if you get swelling of hands or other AMS symptoms. Breathlessness is also due to altitude and temprature profile.

More I think more I feel it was touch of diarrhea due to some bad food coupled with extreme cold.
Old 13th May 2010, 20:49   #170
Senior - BHPian

hey girl...great travelogue. finished it in one go. reminded of my mumbai - manali - mumbai trip we did in our scorpio.

great pics, nice narration, though more pics would have been nicer

cheers,
ac

p.s: am planning my own trip now, mumbai - sikkim - mumbai
Old 14th May 2010, 12:22   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
hey girl...great travelogue. finished it in one go. reminded of my mumbai - manali - mumbai trip we did in our scorpio.

great pics, nice narration, though more pics would have been nicer

cheers,
ac

p.s: am planning my own trip now, mumbai - sikkim - mumbai
When are you planning this trip? This year?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks