Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2009, 17:13   #121
Senior - BHPian

There was a small waterfall at the foot of the Pillar Rocks.

These pics were taken with action photography settings.
Attached Thumbnails
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-g-waterfall_pillar-rocks-1.jpg  

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-g-waterfall_pillar-rocks-2.jpg  

Last edited by Chevy_lover : 18th October 2009 at 17:15.
Old 18th October 2009, 17:25   #122
Senior - BHPian

The milky waterfall.....

I took some dazzling pics of the waterfalls.
Attached Thumbnails
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-g-waterfall_pillar-rocks_power-digital-photography.jpg  

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-g-waterfall_pillar-rocks_power-digital-photography-1.jpg  

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-g-waterfall_pillar-rocks_power-digital-photography-2.jpg  

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-g-waterfall_pillar-rocks_power-digital-photography-4.jpg  

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-g-waterfall_pillar-rocks_power-digital-photography-5.jpg  

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-g-waterfall_pillar-rocks_power-digital-photography-6.jpg  

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-g-waterfall_pillar-rocks_power-digital-photography-7.jpg  

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-g-waterfall_pillar-rocks_power-digital-photography-8.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 19th October 2009, 12:08   #123
BHPian

Good pictures, brings memories of a visit taken long time ago, your work has been inspiring and i think i would plan for a visit sometime in the coming month!
Old 19th October 2009, 18:18   #124
Senior - BHPian

Hey Majic, nice to know that you liked the snaps. Are you planning to drive to Kodai?
Old 19th October 2009, 19:50   #125
Senior - BHPian

The cloudscape kept on changing all the time. We got some amazing views of the vista.

There was a small garden near the Pillar Rock view point.
Attached Thumbnails
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-h-clouds-near-pillar-rocks.jpg  

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-h-wifey-near-pillar-rocks.jpg  

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-h-garden-near-pillar-rocks.jpg  

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-h-garden-near-pillar-rocks-2.jpg  

Old 19th October 2009, 21:03   #126
Senior - BHPian

The Kodai Golf Course

After spending an hour near Pillar Rocks, we decided to continue our journey to the remaining two points.

Our first stop was Golf course. It was well maintained. Sadly we could not see anyone playing.
Attached Thumbnails
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-i-golf-course.jpg  

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-i-golf-course-1.jpg  

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-i-golf-course-2.jpg  

Old 19th October 2009, 23:00   #127
Senior - BHPian

Green Valley View

We reached Green Valley view at 5pm. We went to the view point and took some pics. The view of the cloudy sky was breathtaking!
Attached Thumbnails
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-j-suicide-point_green-valley-view-1.jpg  

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-j-suicide-point_green-valley-view-2.jpg  

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-j-suicide-point_green-valley-view-3.jpg  

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-j-suicide-point_green-valley-view-4.jpg  

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-j-suicide-point_green-valley-view-5.jpg  

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-j-suicide-point_green-valley-view-6.jpg  

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-j-suicide-point_green-valley-view-7.jpg  

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-j-suicide-point_green-valley-view-8.jpg  

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-j-suicide-point_green-valley-view-9.jpg  

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-j-suicide-point_wifey-fence.jpg  

Old 19th October 2009, 23:11   #128
Senior - BHPian

Meeting with Mr. X.....

The whole viewing area was fenced off, to prevent anymore suicides.

The last time I visited, there was no fencing. We were not satisfied with the view we got, from inside the fence. So we decided to return back to the town. Little did we know what was in store for us!!! It turned out to be an experience of a lifetime!

On our way back, we met Mr. X. He is a Keralite and he has been living in Kodai since the past 30 years. Want to know who Mr. X is???

Well, he is the person who retrieves bodies of suicide victims.

The rest of the story is a bit graphic. Should I write his story? If anyone objects, I will skip that part.
Old 20th October 2009, 11:19   #129
BHPian

Hey CD, the pictures are getting better and better, its really mesmerising, i am planning to drive across, probably some time in the month of December.
Old 20th October 2009, 11:40   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majic View Post
Hey CD, the pictures are getting better and better, its really mesmerising.
Hi Majic, just wait till you see the next set.
Old 20th October 2009, 11:58   #131
BHPian

Looking forward to it and also please post something of Mr.X, graphic details are okay with me.
Old 20th October 2009, 15:04   #132
BHPian

Great Photos and an excellent write up CL. I voted 5 star for this. Your cloud shots are incredible. I have only one crib - you have not started on Ooty tour yet. Your travelogue is like a suspense thriller. I am eagerly awaiting the next installment.
Old 20th October 2009, 16:55   #133
Senior - BHPian

A Walk in the clouds.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Great Photos and an excellent write up CL. I voted 5 star for this. Your cloud shots are incredible. I have only one crib - you have not started on Ooty tour yet. Your travelogue is like a suspense thriller. I am eagerly awaiting the next installment.
Thanks Prowler. If you think that the cloud shots taken in Kodai is incredible, how would you describe these photos I took in Bhutan???

You can read all about the view on my other travelouge. Here is the link;

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...tml#post841198
Attached Thumbnails
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-walk-clouds.jpg  

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-walk-clouds12.jpg  

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-walk-clouds-2.jpg  

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-walk-clouds-3.jpg  

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-walk-clouds-4.jpg  

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-walk-clouds-5.jpg  

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-walk-clouds-6.jpg  

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-walk-clouds-7.jpg  

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-walk-clouds-8.jpg  

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-walk-clouds-9.jpg  

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-walk-clouds-10.jpg  

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-walk-clouds-11.jpg  

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-walk-clouds-13.jpg  

Last edited by Chevy_lover : 20th October 2009 at 16:59.
Old 20th October 2009, 19:17   #134
Senior - BHPian

Hi Chevy lover I think you are good at taking cloud photographs
I have read your Bhutan journey but these images seem to be better than the last time you posted
Old 20th October 2009, 22:34   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
Hi Chevy lover I think you are good at taking cloud photographs
I have read your Bhutan journey but these images seem to be better than the last time you posted
Thanks my friend. I feel closer to God whenever I see views like this. Feels like heaven!

To all Bhpians, should I continue my story on Mr. X? I will write only if I get some positive responses from the team!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks