Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2009, 16:01   #46
Senior - BHPian

As usual, lovely pics and great detail. It's amazing how you guys find patience to note down each and every detail of the trip.

Why don't you start publishing your travelogues as Travel Books. I'm sure there will be lots of takers.

Btw, I think that the elephant in the Bandipur picture was in 'musth'
Old 2nd December 2009, 16:03   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post

She was up at 3:45 when you started ?
that is amazing, you are passing on your travel bug to your children as well.

Personally i feel it is necessary thing to expose the children to these different places, they learn a lot. the children who have frequently travelled does not experience travel sickness, much more aware about the possible uncertainities, able to plan a bit better etc etc.

My daughter also takes very active interest in our travel planning.
Yes Star, they were both awake, ready with their small bag (dont know what's inside) - what all i ask, it'd be in there pen, paper, colours, etc..

They are used to the trips we have done extensively in Europe and short nights, long distances are quite passe by now. They never show tiredness, and that adds to the fun and keeps me energetic throughout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
WOWOWOWOW! Its all WOW for me. I was thinking I will have a trip first to Wynad in Jan and then in Feb to Masinagudi! And Ooty was never in my mind. Now the thought is reversed. First to Ooty and then to Wynad! And one more thing fellow bhpians. You guys are driving some of us real mad -- about photography! everytime I am seeing such nice pictures, the thoughts are getting really strong about acquiring a nice cam. Congrats on such beautiful pics. I love those wide angle pictures [not sure thats the right term to be used]. the first pic of swift with the lake background is stunning! I am flooooored!
Thanks Swiftnfurious.

So can we expect another Swifty there soon posing for a nice picture?

Regarding the camera, any camera can take good pictures as long as you have that creativity in you. I have upgraded after a long stint of 6 years with my Canon Powershot A80. It had most of the features you need to learn photography.

You must get to the offbeat destinations in Ooty, otherwise you might be disappointed. Wyanad is a good place, though I never explored it. My friend's got a place there, if you need accomodation, please ping me. I'll give his details to you.
Old 2nd December 2009, 16:04   #48
BHPian

Nice family, everyone contributing, when is the rest of the log going to come? I am still with this thread refreshing it.
Old 2nd December 2009, 16:30   #49
Senior - BHPian

"Majic" I think you forgot to update your tarvelouge thread as you are in this thread. You had mentioned that in another few minutes you will update it and now it has been 2-3 hours and nothing has happened. So please do it ASAP
Old 2nd December 2009, 16:56   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
As usual, lovely pics and great detail. It's amazing how you guys find patience to note down each and every detail of the trip.

Why don't you start publishing your travelogues as Travel Books. I'm sure there will be lots of takers.

Btw, I think that the elephant in the Bandipur picture was in 'musth'
Thanks addy.
Sharing here makes me more happy, after all what is this forum for.
Musth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majic View Post
Nice family, everyone contributing, when is the rest of the log going to come? I am still with this thread refreshing it.
We are cool gang you know. Updates coming up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
"Majic" I think you forgot to update your tarvelouge thread as you are in this thread. You had mentioned that in another few minutes you will update it and now it has been 2-3 hours and nothing has happened. So please do it ASAP
Hi hi, Majic, you better put up some posts there
Old 2nd December 2009, 17:03   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
SJ - you got me
It's a D90 with the kit lens. Inspired by you
Was going to ask you about the pics and thats when I saw this. Good choice. Waiting for rest of the logs and pics.
Old 2nd December 2009, 17:05   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes Star, they were both awake, ready with their small bag (dont know what's inside) - what all i ask, it'd be in there pen, paper, colours, etc..

They are used to the trips we have done extensively in Europe and short nights, long distances are quite passe by now. They never show tiredness, and that adds to the fun and keeps me energetic throughout.
Great, Hats off to you and your wife for training them like that.
How about their food habits, Are they comfortable with the usual food available during the travel or crave for the food cooked by their mother.

My daughter used to eat the regular food available at the travel place when she was smaller. since last 2+ years we find it difficult to make her eat while on travel. Did you face any such problems ?
Old 2nd December 2009, 17:09   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Was going to ask you about the pics and thats when I saw this. Good choice. Waiting for rest of the logs and pics.
Thanks unni.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Great, Hats off to you and your wife for training them like that.
How about their food habits, Are they comfortable with the usual food available during the travel or crave for the food cooked by their mother.

My daughter used to eat the regular food available at the travel place when she was smaller. since last 2+ years we find it difficult to make her eat while on travel. Did you face any such problems ?
They are not fussy about type of food, but the problem is they don't eat at all. So have to inspire some interest by telling some nice stories about tasty dishes before hand . It has never been a problem at all.
Old 2nd December 2009, 17:30   #54
Senior - BHPian

But for me the problem is on the other side. My kid(2.5years old)vomits when he travels sitting in the back seat. So not able to do any travel of long distnaces. He keeps seeing the things outsiode the window and since it is sideways the objects pass very fastly and it gives the perception in the mind that everything is rotating and so he vomits but not when sitting in the front seat. But driving when he is sitting in front is dangerous.So waiting for him to complete atleast 3 yrs and then for my BIG Vehicle.
Old 2nd December 2009, 17:30   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
......Musth?
It happens to Elephants when they are in a state of excitement and they tend to be aggressive during this period.

Check out Indian Elephant | Musth in Elephants & Musth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 2nd December 2009, 17:46   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But for me the problem is on the other side. My kid(2.5years old)vomits when he travels sitting in the back seat. So not able to do any travel of long distnaces. He keeps seeing the things outsiode the window and since it is sideways the objects pass very fastly and it gives the perception in the mind that everything is rotating and so he vomits but not when sitting in the front seat. But driving when he is sitting in front is dangerous.So waiting for him to complete atleast 3 yrs and then for my BIG Vehicle.
Kids in the front is a big No No for me during highway runs. If we are just roaming within the city I sometimes agree, but that too on very rare occasions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
It happens to Elephants when they are in a state of excitement and they tend to be aggressive during this period.

Check out Indian Elephant | Musth in Elephants & Musth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thanks addy. I expressed shock on the thought that we passed an aggressive giant unknowingly.
Old 2nd December 2009, 17:47   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I suggest following

1. always maintain your car interiors to be (foul) odour-less, and fresh
2. always travel with your car windows closed and A/C ON
3. engage the child in conversation with you
4. make the child sit in between (rear) seat or make the child sleep horizontally on the rear seat. if required let your wife sit with the child on rear seat.
5. encourage the child to see through the front windshield or the rear windshield
6. plan your travel such that the child sleeps as much as possible during the (especially ghat sections) journey time (if feasible).
7. Take regular breaks and let the child move around.
8. Feed the child fully prior to the journey and avoid eating (mainly oily, fried, citrus food) inside the car. Do not overfeed the child.
9. Expose the child to the travel as much as possible when the child is small because children can adapt faster than adults or teens.

Sorry Laluks: for highjacking your thread.
Old 2nd December 2009, 17:52   #58
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the suggestion "Star". Will try to do it(even though we are trying hard to do all the things said above,but have to do it continously). Lalu will not mind if there are 2-3 OT post. Right Lalu??
Old 2nd December 2009, 17:58   #59
Senior - BHPian

Superb photos, Laluks. Nice transition to the DSLR world. I could not visit Avalanche when we were there. Your photos gave me another reason to head back to the hills! Please continue.
Old 2nd December 2009, 18:00   #60
BHPian

Great pics and travelogue Laluks.

I'd been to Ooty a few years ago, but stayed to the main places only. Looking at your pics I feel like visiting again now.

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion "Star". Will try to do it(even though we are trying hard to do all the things said above,but have to do it continously). Lalu will not mind if there are 2-3 OT post. Right Lalu??
well more My niece used to have motion sickness too. Then my cousin sis did a wierd innovation. Now she places an unfolded newspaper on the backseat and then my niece sits on it.
No more motion sickness however long the journey is. I don't know how it works but you could give it a try.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks