Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2009, 22:30   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
I never knew there was a wax meuseum.By the way the number of pic you have shown of those personalities i thought it was a big room but only to get shock by your statement.
The number of picture I have shown plus additional 2 to 3 more, the wax museum is done!
Old 5th December 2009, 23:00   #137
Senior - BHPian

Hi Laluks

Amazing pictures there, most of them are wall paper material
the effects are fabulous.

you have indeed enjoyed the trip, now enjoying the posting of these pictures, making us envious, motivating us to follow your foot steps.

your power puff girls (two young ones and the elder one too) seems to have freakedout on their respective tasks of the day

i am waiting for more.
Old 5th December 2009, 23:09   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Come on guys, say something. Give a feedback, encourage me to write the next set.
Today I was feeling that I posted and posted but no one cared

But only if you are with me :(
hey we are all eyes for the superb travelogues and snaps. believe me, it was reading reading and exclaiming WOW!

What more can armchair travelers ask for? Keep travelling, snapping and writing.

tried anything in video or yet to post? try the Nikon GP-1 GPS unit also if you have.
Old 6th December 2009, 02:07   #139
BHPian

wow, laluks great pics. Keep 'em coming.

BTW, The first of your 3 teaser pics is awesome!
Old 6th December 2009, 08:12   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Hi Laluks

Amazing pictures there, most of them are wall paper material
the effects are fabulous.

you have indeed enjoyed the trip, now enjoying the posting of these pictures, making us envious, motivating us to follow your foot steps.

your power puff girls (two young ones and the elder one too) seems to have freakedout on their respective tasks of the day

i am waiting for more.
Thanks Star.
My intention is to instigate you guys to go to all these places Hope I succeed in that.
My powerpuff girls had surely freaked out!
I'll start today evening again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimist View Post
hey we are all eyes for the superb travelogues and snaps. believe me, it was reading reading and exclaiming WOW!

What more can armchair travelers ask for? Keep travelling, snapping and writing.

tried anything in video or yet to post? try the Nikon GP-1 GPS unit also if you have.
Thanks Optimist.

No, it should not be that way. First you guys keep reading, and then plan the trip, and then give us a wonderful travelogue with beautiful pictures, and inspire the next guys

Video - frankly no. The reason being you'll always be behind the camera and not a part of the action, where as a photo is like click and then be back to the moment of joy. Though I had carried my Sony DCR SR47E I never took any videos.

Nikon D90 can capture videos, but with 25fps, it is more or less a pain and waste of space.

Nikon GP-1 GPS unit I have not yet purchased, seems expensive for the work it does. Other companies like Photon have a similar unit at half the Nikon price. My research is still going on this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
wow, laluks great pics. Keep 'em coming.

BTW, The first of your 3 teaser pics is awesome!
Thanks gomzi.

That's a place enroute to the Avalanche lake. That picture is shot from the Avalanche road.

That was clicked at f stop of 3.5 and shutter speed of 1/4000 on ISO 200 at the widest 18mm the lens could give. That was an experiment and it came out so well.
Old 6th December 2009, 15:34   #141
BHPian

Hey laluks,
Even before joining the DSLR bandwagon you did superb photography. Now you are setting new standards. And with this excellent travelogue you have motivated me enough to visit Ooty. Sometime next year I'll be Southbound to travel sleeper class in Konkan railway. I suppose Ooty could be squeezed into the itinerary with some good planning.
Old 6th December 2009, 16:56   #142
BHPian

Lovely pics and narration. I can see you have explored Ooty thoroughly. I've been there twice (only once with family). Remember having taken the ride on the train from Ooty to Coonoor. A lovely experience which reminded me of Kalka-Shimla ride which I had taken 3 yrs back when I was up north. Hope to see the Coonnoor train up and running soon.
Old 6th December 2009, 17:31   #143
BHPian

Laluks.. went thru the whole travelogue at one go.. superb!

was really impressed with your 4 hr drive frm Bangalore! and amazing pics esp of the elephants.. woow.
Old 6th December 2009, 19:47   #144
BHPian

Quote:
My intention is to instigate you guys to go to all these places Hope I succeed in that.
You already have! 50% credit for my decision to drive to goa and other places enroute must go to your travelogues and photos.
Quote:
No, it should not be that way. First you guys keep reading, and then plan the trip, and then give us a wonderful travelogue with beautiful pictures, and inspire the next guys
yes! needs to be done.
Quote:
That was clicked at f stop of 3.5 and shutter speed of 1/4000 on ISO 200 at the widest 18mm the lens could give. That was an experiment and it came out so well.
Pro talk! Can you find a way to put these also along with the image size details? Will help immensely.
Old 6th December 2009, 22:59   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
Hey laluks,
Even before joining the DSLR bandwagon you did superb photography. Now you are setting new standards. And with this excellent travelogue you have motivated me enough to visit Ooty. Sometime next year I'll be Southbound to travel sleeper class in Konkan railway. I suppose Ooty could be squeezed into the itinerary with some good planning.
Thanks tortoiseNhare.
More pictures from todays Bangalore meet is in the meet section
Please let me know in case you need any info to plan your south India trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonguy View Post
Lovely pics and narration. I can see you have explored Ooty thoroughly. I've been there twice (only once with family). Remember having taken the ride on the train from Ooty to Coonoor. A lovely experience which reminded me of Kalka-Shimla ride which I had taken 3 yrs back when I was up north. Hope to see the Coonnoor train up and running soon.
Thanks canonguy.
I heard the train should be back in two months time.
Kalka - Shimla ride - I have taken in 1996. Still it is fresh in my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagesh View Post
Laluks.. went thru the whole travelogue at one go.. superb!

was really impressed with your 4 hr drive frm Bangalore! and amazing pics esp of the elephants.. woow.
Thanks Nagesh.
That 4 hour drive, I did not do anything great, its just that the timing helped and the roads were free till Nanjangud (till 7Am). If you time the departure, you can also do it. Starting early means less breaks also en route.
Those elephants were at Bandipur.

Quote:
You already have! 50% credit for my decision to drive to goa and other places enroute must go to your travelogues and photos.
That inspires me a lot to instigate you guys again.

Quote:
Pro talk! Can you find a way to put these also along with the image size details? Will help immensely.
optimist, that was one experiment which turned out successful. I am still learning, there is a lot to learn ahead.

Last edited by laluks : 6th December 2009 at 23:01.
Old 7th December 2009, 09:41   #146
BHPian

wonderful visual treat to begin the day, after the weekend -
Old 7th December 2009, 09:55   #147
Senior - BHPian

So lalu Monday has arrived and everyone have started their posting. So go ahead and post the remaining snaps.
Old 7th December 2009, 10:03   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuraliR View Post
wonderful visual treat to begin the day, after the weekend -
Thanks Murali.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
So lalu Monday has arrived and everyone have started their posting. So go ahead and post the remaining snaps.
I don't have stars :(

Will do by evening shishir. Yesterday went in the meet
Old 7th December 2009, 10:15   #149
Senior - BHPian

No problem lalu. ANytime. Anyhow we are all fixed to this thread and to our sunday Meet thread also as you are posting the snap over there also.
Old 7th December 2009, 10:25   #150
Senior - BHPian

Hi Laluks

This post is done just to give you a 5 star rating

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks