Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2010, 02:09   #316
Senior - BHPian

Our last night in Mount Abu....! Its Amazing nightlife captured...

After a short siesta, we ventured out to the city by 8 pm. The temperature, in all probability, was just above freezing and we were geared up from head to toe.

I always wanted to capture the night life of a city like Mount Abu and I saw a very good opportunity to fulfill my longstanding wish! We walked to the city and I let my camera capture all those special moments and sights.

This is what we saw of Mount Abu! A quaint little hill station bustling with life! There was a little shopping street selling anything from footwear to paintings to mattresses to Air guns. That was our last night of the trip and we captured all these scenes to remind us of the truly incredible journey we undertook!

What a colourful end to our magnificent journey!

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-1-our_hotel.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-2-shops_in_mount_abu.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-3-shops_in_mount_abu.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-4-city_centre.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-5-steet_to_shopping_area.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-6-night_life_in_mount_abu.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-7-maharaja_hotel.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-8-samrat_hotel.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-9-restaurant.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-10-night_life_in_mount_abu.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-11-a_shop_for_great_sarees.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-12-the_oldest_shop_in_mount_abu.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-13-my_wifey.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-14.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-15-night_life_in_mount_abu.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-16-night_life_in_mount_abu.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-17-night_life_in_mount_abu.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-18-street_in_mount_abu.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-19-shops_in_mount_abu.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-20.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-21-curios_for_sale.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-22.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-23.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-24-footwear.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-25-food_stalls.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-26-night_life_in_mount_abu.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-27-what_a_variety.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-28-night_life_in_mount_abu.jpg
Old 11th March 2010, 10:58   #317
BHPian

Hi, Man, you really have the patience to upload such a lot of pics. Am just back from a Rajasthan trip and can relate to each of your pictures from Udaipur and Abu. Check out my log with the link belowhttp://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/76256-royal-rajasthan-4200km-road-trip-through-rajasthan.html
Old 11th March 2010, 11:18   #318
Team-BHP Support

Chevy_Lover, how does one take a "city life" photograph with a normal digital camera? I see that you are not using flash. But when flash is not used, all those advertising signboards, shop signboards and cars would appear blurry. So how does one get photos like above?
Old 11th March 2010, 11:31   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nix1976in View Post
Hi, Man, you really have the patience to upload such a lot of pics. Am just back from a Rajasthan trip and can relate to each of your pictures from Udaipur and Abu. Check out my log with the link belowhttp://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/76256-royal-rajasthan-4200km-road-trip-through-rajasthan.html
Hi Nikhil, I am following your log daily. Actually I read all logs. I just thought of commenting later. You were really lucky that your camera's sensor was not scratched by the sand. I have a Sony too. It is a brilliant camera, by all means. I hope you liked my night shots!

I loved seeing the Paki tank eating dust!! I am a very proud Indian, you know! Keep up the good work.

I have processed and uploaded about 2000 pics so far from my collection of over 10,000. Yes, patience is my middle name! And thanks for reading my log.

@Smartcat, you got it wrong there. All these shots are WITH flash and handheld. NO USE OF TRIPOD. For night photography, you have to use flash, if you want your subject to be bright and colourful. And you must have the patience to take 6 - 10 shots with the same composition. You never know which one will come out well!!

With a normal digital camera, you can take such shots in Auto mode with flash. If you put night scene mode, the pic might turn a bit bluish and dark. And increase the AV compensation (if possible).

Last edited by Chevy_lover : 11th March 2010 at 11:47.
Old 11th March 2010, 12:35   #320
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Chevy_Lover, how does one take a "city life" photograph with a normal digital camera? I see that you are not using flash. But when flash is not used, all those advertising signboards, shop signboards and cars would appear blurry. So how does one get photos like above?
He has used flash. To top it he's had long exposures sometimes going up to 1/8 of a sec. That's what I pointed out in one of my comments.

cars appearing blurry means they are moving faster. So keep fast moving objects out of your frame when using long exposures, or ensure your flash reaches those fast moving objects. Shop signboards appearign blurry shows that your hands are not steady. Normally 1/60 of a second is the prescribed lower end for shutter to get crisp photos for a normal pair of hands holding them. If your hands are extra steady like Chevy's go all the way till 1/4th.
Old 11th March 2010, 14:31   #321
Senior - BHPian

Nightlife in Mount Abu.....continued....

Last part of pics from Mount Abu.....

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-29.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-30-cloth_shop.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-31-cloth_shop.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-32-a_beautiful_painting.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-33-traditional_painting_on_cloth.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-34-night_life_in_mount_abu.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-35-bags.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-36-night_life_in_mount_abu.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-37-night_life_in_mount_abu.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-38-night_life_in_mount_abu.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-39-night_life_in_mount_abu.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-40-all_that_glitters_is_not_gold.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-41-what_a_huge_variety_of_items.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-42-night_life_in_mount_abu.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-43-airgun_shops.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-44-my_happy_wifey.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-45-gujarati_restaurant.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-46-colourful_clothes.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-47-shops.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-48-colourful_clothes.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-49-night_life_in_mount_abu.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-50-a_shop_full_of_snacks.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-51.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-52-corn.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-53-a_young_couple.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-54-night_life_in_mount_abu.jpg
Old 11th March 2010, 14:36   #322
Team-BHP Support

The "corn" snaps reminds of the white corn, which we used to get. Has any one seen it any more? I guess it died a true natural death taken over by America Corn all over.

CL, You have an amazing energy. I start sulking at the idea of going into a market! (My home ministry does not read team-bhp )
Old 11th March 2010, 14:44   #323
MX6
Senior - BHPian

That corn is still available in Khadakwasla dam. Loads of villagers selling that corn.

And look at the board of tourist novelty store and Simran shop next to it. Seems like Mt Abu is in some naxalite area!
Old 11th March 2010, 15:20   #324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
The "corn" snaps reminds of the white corn, which we used to get. Has any one seen it any more? I guess it died a true natural death taken over by America Corn all over.

CL, You have an amazing energy. I start sulking at the idea of going into a market! (My home ministry does not read team-bhp )
The normal Indian corn is available in some tourist places. There are lots of people who still prefer the traditional treat to the new American corn. We have corn whenever we visit Lonavala.

Thanks Ampere. The energy levels comes from my wifey, who was bubbling with excitement, at the thought of doing some more shopping!!!

You haven't answered my previous question. Were you able to replace the old, dusty, black and white memories, with my new coloured ones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
That corn is still available in Khadakwasla dam. Loads of villagers selling that corn.

And look at the board of tourist novelty store and Simran shop next to it. Seems like Mt Abu is in some naxalite area!
We noticed that Air guns were freely available in Mount Abu. Some had enough firepower to seriously hurt a human being, if fired from close proximity!
Old 11th March 2010, 15:30   #325
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
You haven't answered my previous question. Were you able to replace the old, dusty, black and white memories, with my new coloured ones?
Sorry sir I missed that question. I would say to a certain extent yes. I had been there when I was in my third standard . Hence the only memory I have about the place is snap on the lake.

When I look at your snaps every thing feels totally new !

I am already thinking of one looong Rajasthan trip across the state. But I am not that great a driver who can do all the way from Bangalore. May be I will hire a cab and go around after taking a train to Jaipur/Jodhpur.

And about the corn, I dont any white corn in Bangalore.

Last edited by ampere : 11th March 2010 at 15:31.
Old 11th March 2010, 16:21   #326
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Sorry sir I missed that question. I would say to a certain extent yes. I had been there when I was in my third standard . Hence the only memory I have about the place is snap on the lake.

When I look at your snaps every thing feels totally new !

I am already thinking of one looong Rajasthan trip across the state. But I am not that great a driver who can do all the way from Bangalore. May be I will hire a cab and go around after taking a train to Jaipur/Jodhpur.

And about the corn, I dont any white corn in Bangalore.
Come to pune. We'll drive from here. Bring Smartcat along.
Old 11th March 2010, 19:58   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He has used flash. To top it he's had long exposures sometimes going up to 1/8 of a sec. That's what I pointed out in one of my comments.

cars appearing blurry means they are moving faster. So keep fast moving objects out of your frame when using long exposures, or ensure your flash reaches those fast moving objects. Shop signboards appearign blurry shows that your hands are not steady. Normally 1/60 of a second is the prescribed lower end for shutter to get crisp photos for a normal pair of hands holding them. If your hands are extra steady like Chevy's go all the way till 1/4th.
Yes, MX6. I had to use long exposure to get the right shot. And flash is an absolute necessity. Increasing the AV compensation is also helpful. ISO needs to be high too!

For night shots, 1/6 to 1/8 is ideal for me!

@ Smartcat, since your camera may not allow so much of freedom, you can try the automatic setting with flash. There is no ideal setting for all night photography. You have to try till you get the perfect combination!
Old 11th March 2010, 20:14   #328
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Come to pune. We'll drive from here. Bring Smartcat along.
Lets see if I get an approval from the home ministry.
Old 15th March 2010, 22:28   #329
Senior - BHPian

Day 11 – Our return journey starts….

After our little photo session of the night life of the small city of Mount Abu, we decided to have our dinner. We wanted to try something different for a change and had boiled and fried eggs from a roadside food cart. The food was awesome and my wifey could not stop herself from complimenting the roadside chef!

We then returned back to the city centre and had our favourite ice creams. The temperature had dropped drastically by then and the shopkeeper was suggesting that it was probably a degree less than zero. We were covered from head to toe and enjoyed our last delicacy of the day immensely. We returned back to our hotel by 11 pm.

We had a very long drive ahead of us the next day, but we decided to take it easy. I had covered 959 kilometres on day 1 of our journey. We thought it was better to take it easy and drive slow and reach home in two days! We finally retired for the night by 12 am.

Day 11 – Our return journey starts….

We woke up only by 8 am on day 11 of our journey, the 17th of January. We had decided to start late and to enjoy the drive. I was driving superfast all through our journey so far. My wifey wanted me slow down that time and relax and drive at a steady speed.

We had nothing much to pack, other than our woolens and were able check out of the hotel by 10 am. I settled the bill and thought of warming up our Chevy. All through our trip, Chevy had given us no problems at all and this time also he sprang to life as soon as I switched on the ignition. The temperature was freezing all through the evening and night and I was happy that there were no starting problems. I checked all the fluid and oil levels and I was happy to note that there was no change and everything was like as it was, when we left Pune!

We loaded our luggage inside our Chevy and finally left the hotel by 10.35 am. My Chevy’s Odo read 83,018 kilometres. We had driven only a total of 22 kilometres during our drives inside Mount Abu! That was surprising!

We soon filled up diesel for Rs. 500 from an HP pump before reaching the toll gate. My Chevy had enough fluids in his belly to last till the expressway end and I decided to just top up with a small snack!

The weather was brilliant and we greatly enjoyed our drive. We passed the toll plaza by 11.06 am and started our descent from the beautiful hill station. There were lots of vehicles tailing us, but there were no opportunity for them to overtake us as I was driving at 60 kmph most of the time! We finished the ghat section by 11.33 am after covering 24 kilometres from Hotel Shanti.

We encountered terrible roads soon near the railway station and slowed down to a crawl. I was driving quite sedately when we got a small jolt and realized that someone had just banged our beloved Chevy. I stopped immediately and ran to the back of our car. We saw two bikers lying on the ground, desperately trying to stand up and pick up their vehicle. I lost my cool when I saw that they had scratched my baby's bumper. I asked them what the hell they were attempting to do! All they could mumble was that they lost control of their bike!

I gave them an earful and left gingerly as there was no point in arguing with those ignoramus primates. That was the second accident we had during our trip and that too because of no fault of ours! I did not let the incident affect our morale and quickly drove on and reached the National Highway 14 to Ahmedabad. My Odometer read 83,054 kms.

I maintained a steady speed of 110 – 120 kmph and soon reached the Palanpur toll plaza at 12.30 pm. We had covered 78 kilometres from Mount Abu. The road was brilliant and we did not have to slow down even once. But we had to be careful of wrong entrants. We saw a huge camel pulling a cart, coming straight at us, from the wrong side.

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-1.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-2.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-3.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-4.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-5.jpg

I saw a Nano car in our rear view mirror.

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-6-a_nano_in_our_mirror.jpg

I was at 120 kmph then. I immediately slowed down and allowed the Nano to catch up with us. We had been meeting the Nano during our last trip also. We had seen the first ever Nano in Ooty during our incredible trip to the ‘Queen of the Nilgiris’! We had driven past a Nano, parked near a hotel, so many times to get a perfect shot!

The link is;

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post1556232

We waited for the Nano to catch up and took some snaps. A family was travelling in the car and was surprised to see us taking snaps.

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-7-nano.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-8.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-9.jpg

They tried to overtake us from the left but got stuck in traffic. We decided to not bother that family anymore and zipped away!

We enjoyed our drive tremendously on the butter smooth road. We had not had breakfast in the morning and were famished after the two hour drive. We decided to have our lunch as soon as possible and soon pulled into Hotel Sahkar, a pure veg eatery. We had rotis and paneer tikkas for lunch and enjoyed the change greatly.

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-10.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-11.jpg
An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-12.jpg

We were still 105 kilometres away from Ahmedabad. We finished our lunch by 2 pm. There was a nomadic woman near the hotel begging for alms. She harassed us like anything and we gave her a tenner just to make her go away. I asked her whether we could take a snap of hers and she had the audacity to demand another tenner!!!

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-13-this_woman_was_perstering_us_like_anything.jpg

We restarted our drive by 2.05 pm. The drive was super smooth all the way. We passed numerous toll booths en-route. We reached Sardar Patel Ring Road and were very near to the magnificent expressway. We had covered 239 kilometres to reach the Ranasan toll plaza by 3.54 pm.

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-14-a_level_cross.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-15.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-16.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-17.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-18.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-19.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-20.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-21.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-22-tank_being_transported.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-23.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-24-a_beautiful_farm.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-25-toll_booth.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-26-a_beautiful_temple.jpg

An Incredible Road Trip of a Lifetime to Udaipur, The Most Romantic City in the World-27.jpg
Old 16th March 2010, 11:33   #330
BHPian

Ah. The Return Journey. Glued

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks