Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2010, 17:54   #46
BHPian

Lots of writting, Now put some pics buddy...
Old 16th March 2010, 20:08   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addy81 View Post
Excellent Write up Kaushik, it would have been a wonderful feeling seeing her in the airport right, by the way what did you take from Delhi for your girlfriend??

Look forward to the Pictures now.
From delhi frankly nothing , because of my FBI Officer like sister , It is always very difficult to hide things from her! and that was indeed a secret mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin_12 View Post
Lots of writting, Now put some pics buddy...
Yes dude just starting , More or less writing is over.
wait till tomorrow... IT will make sense if I upload pictures with the appropriate description and text cuz my journey will start from tomorrow

Last edited by aah78 : 14th August 2010 at 02:47. Reason: Please limit smileys to 2/post. Thanks!
Old 16th March 2010, 20:18   #48
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice writeup akaushik!
Reminds me of my dates with my gf last year (in my 1st year @ college) when I had to travel over a thousand miles just to wish her a surprise birthday and similar stuffs. Thankfully she is just 200 km away from me now.
Old 16th March 2010, 20:45   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Nice writeup akaushik!
Reminds me of my dates with my gf last year (in my 1st year @ college) when I had to travel over a thousand miles just to wish her a surprise birthday and similar stuffs. Thankfully she is just 200 km away from me now.
thanks dude and now she is just 2 kms away from me and we might marry this year!! thats a different part of story that cant be covered in travelogue that how I visited her house and talked with her father and the way he reacted.
but the bottom line is he is not convinced yet and one day , I might marry and then elope with her to the hills and will come with a surprise..for father in law
Old 16th March 2010, 20:47   #50
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaushik View Post
thanks dude and now she is just 2 kms away from me and we might marry this year!! thats a different part of story that cant be covered in travelogue that how I visited her house and talked with her father and the way he reacted.
but the bottom line is he is not convinced yet and one day , I might marry and then elope with her to the hills and will come with a surprise..for father in law
Thats sounds pretty interesting.
Congratulations mate !!
Old 16th March 2010, 20:54   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Thats sounds pretty interesting.
Congratulations mate !!
Thanks mate! But this is only for converting 2500 kms to 2 kms cuz I am still waiting for green signal from her father
Old 16th March 2010, 21:03   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaushik View Post
My case is same as yours. waiting for the 3 golden letters 'YES' from my would be FIL

Last edited by zteg : 16th March 2010 at 21:05.
Old 17th March 2010, 06:20   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post
My case is same as yours. waiting for the 3 golden letters 'YES' from my would be FIL
So its good to know that we are riding in the same boat ;-) let me know if you need any help , BTW I played role of witness in many of my friends court marriage so I am experience witness
Old 17th March 2010, 06:42   #54
BHPian

I had initially booked ticket for returning delhi from Jorhat itself so I had 3 more days to spare , I decided to move ahead and look at the other possible option where I can head on , The only one other option left was Shillong , Meghalaya Cherapunji , from Assam to Meghalaya and that too after cancellation of my flight of Jorhat >>> Guwahati Sector.

I called her in the morning and asked Abhijeet to come to my hotel room where I shared my idea of going to shilling and other elated regions. Abhijeet helped me a lot in deciding the available routes. He informed that travelling that part on road in private taxi is dangerous So he Suggested me few
options :-

Option 1 : BUS
we had dialed around 20 phone numbers from the jorhat telephone directory and the AC buses were already arrived in the morning to guwahati. He suggested me to stay a night at guwahati , so that I can do the stretch by road in the morning. ( The hilly part).

Option 2 : Taxi
This option is very costly and not safe as well, if I plan go for a taxi then that should be from the known person and driver should be experienced , I was already late because it was 10:00 Am in the morning. Because of gandhi ji jayanti and saturday and sunday all known taxis were not available to my surprise my agent also informed me that half of her colony went there to shillong and insisted on booking hotel from here.

But as I had been to manay places without any prior booking I assume getting a hotel there will be piece of cake for me.

Both of them dialed around 10-15 phones from their mobiles and then finally , The level of adventure increased my body and I was loosing patience I yelled “ I need to go there at any cost , I will take a taxi from outside from the main jorhat city.”

Abhijeet asked me to wait for some more time and again helped me lot in geeting a taxi , I need a taxi with good AC because I was already down of the humid weather. Then finally he managed to get a Indigo CS from Jorhat to Shillong in 4200 bucks.

It was a huge amount compared to the bus ride costing 300 rupees. Taxi arrived at my place sharp 12:37 PM. I packed my bag and clicked one photo to start off my journey.

to be continued with pictures from here......
Old 17th March 2010, 09:28   #55
Senior - BHPian

^^^^ Man you've could've typed all these last night & posted some pic in the morning & now you're leaving a foot note - "to be continued with pictures from here". Pls do some justice, I'm waiting eagerly for them
Old 17th March 2010, 10:19   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

If I was in your place, I would have sent Abhijeet in the taxi and stayed back with my GF.

This Abhijeet seems to be a major kabab mein haddi.
Old 17th March 2010, 10:36   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
If I was in your place, I would have sent Abhijeet in the taxi and stayed back with my GF.

This Abhijeet seems to be a major kabab mein haddi.
yes but she was not feeling well and don't want to travel. I need to go to delhi from there and she dont want to travel alone back in taxi... (From Shillong to Jorhat)

@aargee I am starting with Pics...
Old 17th March 2010, 10:42   #58
BHPian

My Plan : Jorhat to Shillong (376 Kms)
National Highways : NH 37 / NH 40

So Let me start with GPS Shots First.. This was my route to reach Shillong.
Attached Images

Old 17th March 2010, 11:15   #59
BHPian

Somehow I managed to convince driver to hand over Indigo to me as I was very much interested to drive in that part...

Me with Abhijeet Sir Departing from Jorhat..
Another freaking trip this time....I Travelled North East to meet my GF-dsc05354.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Another freaking trip this time....I Travelled North East to meet my GF-_dsc5463-800x600.jpg  

Another freaking trip this time....I Travelled North East to meet my GF-_dsc5464-800x600.jpg  

Another freaking trip this time....I Travelled North East to meet my GF-_dsc5489-800x600.jpg  

Another freaking trip this time....I Travelled North East to meet my GF-dsc05364.jpg  

Another freaking trip this time....I Travelled North East to meet my GF-dsc05377.jpg  

Another freaking trip this time....I Travelled North East to meet my GF-dsc05379.jpg  

Another freaking trip this time....I Travelled North East to meet my GF-dsc05358.jpg  

Another freaking trip this time....I Travelled North East to meet my GF-dsc05359.jpg  

Another freaking trip this time....I Travelled North East to meet my GF-dsc05430.tif.jpg  

Last edited by akaushik : 17th March 2010 at 11:17.
Old 17th March 2010, 11:38   #60
BHPian

Nice set of pics to start with kaushik...I can say the story is getting interesting as you progress ....

Thanks,
Srini..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks