Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2010, 00:04   #16
BHPian

Wow! you are the inspiration for me and at the right time when I am planning my longest road trip (nothing in front of your plan though). I may be around B'lore/Madikeri/CM at the same time as you and was worried about rains etc. but not anymore after reading your posts (route query and this one). Wish you all the best.. and Thanks!
Old 8th June 2010, 03:46   #17
Senior - BHPian

Wow that a long trip for Sure , i think we we crossed each other on the Hwy on Sunday.

I was driving back from Goa to Delhi at the same time - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...hopefully.html

Mine was minus the Manipal , coorg and Kolkota
Old 8th June 2010, 08:27   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Mother of all trips on the M-ha ha...

I'm liking it. When is the next instalment?

Just curious, who looks after your patients in your abscence?
i think he puts an ooo ( out of office ) notification
Old 8th June 2010, 21:21   #19
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Managed to catch up for an extended coffee session with SS!
It was very nice and I was amazed by his memory.
I personally thank SS for giving time for me though he had a lot of personal commitments!

SS and MX6.
Hawk-on-fours on a pan-India tour: Delhi-Mumbai-Goa-Manipal-Coorg-Kolkata-Delhi-ss-me.jpg
Old 8th June 2010, 22:36   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Managed to catch up for an extended coffee session with SS!
It was very nice and I was amazed by his memory.
I personally thank SS for giving time for me though he had a lot of personal commitments!

SS and MX6.
Attachment 363698
missed meeting you by a couple of hours when i was in pune
Old 9th June 2010, 08:18   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Pune to Goa

Been upset the last couple of days over a car crash in Hyderabad.

Took a good 10 hours to drive from Pune to Calangute yesterday, through a longer route. We travelled Pune >> NH4 >> 4km before Shirwal >> Turn right >> Varandhaghat >> Mahad >> Turn left on NH17 >> Goa.

Had not warned the family about the road being twisty and hilly, with the unfortunate consequence of my daughter losing her heavy breakfast, but me getting a on my face on seeing the kind of roads we were driving through. The couple of hours of extra time taken contributed to some irritation though!

The hotel we checked in at is really good and VFM, the only downside being lack of room service.
Old 9th June 2010, 23:25   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Some of the photos from the drive from Pune to Goa - more to come.

Hawk-on-fours on a pan-India tour: Delhi-Mumbai-Goa-Manipal-Coorg-Kolkata-Delhi-1nh4.jpg

Hawk-on-fours on a pan-India tour: Delhi-Mumbai-Goa-Manipal-Coorg-Kolkata-Delhi-2to-mahad.jpg

Hawk-on-fours on a pan-India tour: Delhi-Mumbai-Goa-Manipal-Coorg-Kolkata-Delhi-3to-mahad.jpg

Hawk-on-fours on a pan-India tour: Delhi-Mumbai-Goa-Manipal-Coorg-Kolkata-Delhi-pano1-nr-varandhaghat.jpg

Goa is hot and humid, and there is absolutely no sign of rain. Spent an idle morning lazing on the beach (which is a 2-minute walk from the hotel we are staying in), swimming, and a good lunch at a laid-back restaurant near Anjuna.

Hawk-on-fours on a pan-India tour: Delhi-Mumbai-Goa-Manipal-Coorg-Kolkata-Delhi-8swimming.jpg
Old 9th June 2010, 23:49   #23
MX6
Senior - BHPian

What exactly made you read the rules after jumping in the pool?
Old 9th June 2010, 23:51   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Have been trying my hand at low light photography at the Calangute Beach this evening, and here are some of the results.

Hawk-on-fours on a pan-India tour: Delhi-Mumbai-Goa-Manipal-Coorg-Kolkata-Delhi-evening-calangute.jpg

Name:  Evening at Calangute1.jpg
Views: 2572
Size:  53.4 KB

Hawk-on-fours on a pan-India tour: Delhi-Mumbai-Goa-Manipal-Coorg-Kolkata-Delhi-evening-calangute-beach.jpg

Hawk-on-fours on a pan-India tour: Delhi-Mumbai-Goa-Manipal-Coorg-Kolkata-Delhi-evening-calangute2.jpg
Old 10th June 2010, 00:01   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What exactly made you read the rules after jumping in the pool?
Oh, those were the rules, were they? I'm short-sighted, you know, and I usually take off my glasses when swimming - and I was looking for different kinds of glasses somewhere around there.

Your comments on the low-light pics above would be welcome.
Old 10th June 2010, 13:35   #26
BHPian

Loved Photo No 2 . The beam from the headlight how did you manage that laser-like effect ?

--Vikrant
Old 10th June 2010, 13:42   #27
MX6
Senior - BHPian

The night photos are a good try SS. Slightly on the grainier side. I trust you've used a tripod (else the headlights on the second photo will look like people have had psychotripic substances ).
The metering is not spot on. If you have a look at Chevy_lover's udaipur photos over the fireworks, you'd know what I mean. But nevertheless a great try.
I liked the last photo the most.

@vikrantj.
It's a long exposure shot of a moving vehicle. Open your shutters for long time, then the headlights are captured as they move to give you the "laser" like effect. Try this kind of photo on busy e-ways. You'd get an assortment of headlights and tail lights!
During college days, we used to open the shutter and use a torch light to write names, create shapes etc.
The Eveready Ultima - Light Painting - Cat chasing mouse Ad was created by using the same technique. Would you belive if I said that it's not a video, but a series of long exposure shots collated together to give the video feel with the animation purely created by moving torch lights!

Last edited by MX6 : 10th June 2010 at 13:48.
Old 11th June 2010, 11:54   #28
Team-BHP Support

Looks like SST is bringing in the monsoon along with him. The TOI says monsoon has entered south Goa and Karnataka coast. It has become very cloudy after 10AM and remains so. I too can feel it, the change of weather is very indicative of arrival monsoon.
Old 11th June 2010, 13:30   #29
MX6
Senior - BHPian

It rained last night in Pune at my place. That gives a lot of cheer. And I'm closely following up with the rains in Udupi because it is 48 hours hence that the rains strike Pune!
SO Samurai's news brings me more cheer.
Old 11th June 2010, 14:30   #30
BHPian

Quote:
It's a long exposure shot of a moving vehicle. Open your shutters for long time, then the headlights are captured as they move to give you the "laser" like effect. Try this kind of photo on busy e-ways. You'd get an assortment of headlights and tail lights!
where you will see the vehicle in the photo - the poistion it was in where you have opened the shutter (pressed the shutter release button) or where you have closed it? or a blurred image all through out?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks