Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2008, 16:22   #226
BHPian

Guys, i have went through this thread and found out that there is not much given about the shops that have 17inch tyres in bangalore and their prices .Im on the the lookout for 205/45/17 tyres. Any suggestions??
Old 28th November 2008, 19:38   #227
Distinguished - BHPian

Arrey, any place which sells Michelin, Yokohama should have 17" tyres. That shouldnt be a problem at all. Wonder why you are struggling
Old 1st December 2008, 15:18   #228
BHPian

gurus,

I got the tyres of my getz-GLS balanced-rotated-alligned a week back, since then the steering is become a little harder than it used to be before. Is there a problem with the allignment?

thanks,
R
Old 1st December 2008, 23:54   #229
Distinguished - BHPian

Get the air pressure checked. Also, get alignment checked again.
Old 23rd January 2009, 17:10   #230

Cost of Bridgestone tyre

Friends, i am planning to replace the tyres in my Indica. I contacted Sri Venkateshwara tyre tech in BTM, Bangalore. He quoted me Rs. 2,650 for Bridgestone 165/65 R13 for (For a single tyre - S322 with tube without any exchange). Does this look reasonable?
Old 23rd January 2009, 18:07   #231
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_meyer View Post
Friends, i am planning to replace the tyres in my Indica. I contacted Sri Venkateshwara tyre tech in BTM, Bangalore. He quoted me Rs. 2,650 for Bridgestone 165/65 R13 for (For a single tyre - S322 with tube without any exchange). Does this look reasonable?
That looks reasonable. You could also look at MRF ZTX. Most taxi drivers are very happy with this as it's quite comfortable and gives a really long life. Deals very very well with bad roads too. That should be about 2450 or therabouts.
Old 23rd January 2009, 18:34   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_meyer View Post
....I contacted Sri Venkateshwara tyre tech in BTM, Bangalore.....
If you are paying by card, do make it very clear to him that you don’t intend to foot that 2-2.5% which he claims to charge customers if they pay by card. Tell him this when you are finalizing the rates.

He tricked me there. He brings it up after your car has put on its new footwear and you pull out your card to pay. And then, there is no turning back.
Old 23rd January 2009, 18:56   #233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnerr View Post
If you are paying by card, do make it very clear to him that you don’t intend to foot that 2-2.5% which he claims to charge customers if they pay by card.

Thanks Spinnerr. I will keep this in mind before i finalize the deal.
Old 29th January 2009, 11:51   #234
Senior - BHPian

The used SAFARI I bought came with new SAVERO tyres. Searched the net, they seem to be some Australian company. An enthusiast I spoke to said they were availabe in Sheshadripuram for 2,500 a piece.

Could someone confirm this, or tell me more about SAVERO.

Since I have 2 new and 2 fading, thinking of getting SAVERO all round. Would be cheaper than plumping for new all around
Old 29th January 2009, 13:26   #235
Distinguished - BHPian

You actually want to trust your life to some random no-name company? Savero?

I would suggest you spend a bit more and get at least MRF/JK if cost if your worry. If it is not, get Michelin/Yoko/Bridgestone.
Old 31st January 2009, 12:31   #236
Senior - BHPian

Not so good experience with Sai Iyengar and sons

Folks,

I had not so good experience with Sai Iyengar and sons on ring road @ Banashankri, Bangalore. They were the only shop open on 14th Jan when I wanted to change my steel wheels with Alloy. I had already purchased 6JX 14" league alloys and reached Sai Iyengar for change of wheels and alignment and balancing.

When I reached the place at 10-30 am. I spoke to the main person and he recommended a change of tyres along with Alloys. My stock tyres still have quite a bit of rubber in it and can last at least another 15K Kms. I asked him how much will I get for my tyres and he came back with a low Rs. 100 a tyre figure. This put me off but I wanted to know the pricing of tyres so I enquired further on how much will Michellin XM1+ would cost for 185X70XR14 size. He quoted 3600 per tyre. But he was more interested in selling me falcon. He doesn't seemed to have much knowledge on tyres.

Now coming to balancing - Tyres were removed from my old steel wheels and mounted on the alloys and then filled air into it (Here again he tried selling me nitrogen filling @ Rs. 50 a tyre that I found expensive).

Then came the alignment part where he said my front left wheel had -ve camber and need to be fixed by the service center folks.

All this took slightly over 2 hours. This could have been done in 1 hr max. They do not have power tools, they have a very inefficient air compressors and their alignment takes huge setup time. Also I was charged 1050 Rs. for the job. 300 for balancing, 200 for alignment, 250 for weights and 300 for mounting tyres on alloys. . I asked him why he was charging a massive amount to mount the tyres and I got back an answer saying that it is a highly skillful job to mount tyre on alloys. I argued but in vain. Next time I would not waste my time at Sai Iyengars.

Next my visit was to Kalyani Motors service center. Armed with the alignment report I met the service engineer who regularly services my car. He said why not do a proper alignment check here at Kalyani as most of the tyre shops have outdated data on cars. I gave a go ahead for the same and then he came out with a completely different figure. Camber and toe were within tolerance and Castor needed a bit of adjustment which was done.

He recommended to do alignment checks in MASS only as they have proper standard figures of Castor, Camber and Toe for each and every Maruti car.
Old 31st January 2009, 15:20   #237
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

He recommended to do alignment checks in MASS only as they have proper standard figures of Castor, Camber and Toe for each and every Maruti car.
Or go to a place which have the correct readings!

The Falcon you mention is wrong. I think it is Falken.

300 for mounting tyres on alloys when you bought the tyres from them is ridiculous. IF you didnt buy the tyres, then it's fine. You dont really expect them to give you free fitment when you havent bought anything from them do you ?

250 for weights on brand new rims and tyres is a little excessive. IF you fitted your old tyres, then were they worn quite badly? Unevenly?

The worst part is of course he having wrong readings for your car. Just buying an alignment machine isnt enough. These people should know how to use it and update the data regularly.

Quote:
He doesn't seemed to have much knowledge on tyres.
Why do you say that?
Old 31st January 2009, 16:26   #238
BHPian

My experience - Did the alignment at Mandovi motors. The steering started vibrating. I could clearly feel that but as always they think they have done everything right and there is nothing wrong. Then I did a alignment in a local shop, and everything was normal, no vibrations!!! This happenend to me twice at Mandovi (M.A.S.S).

As Nikhil said, its always better to go to a place which have the correct readings.
Old 31st January 2009, 16:32   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi99 View Post
... Then I did a alignment in a local shop, and everything was normal, no vibrations!!! This happenend to me twice at Mandovi (M.A.S.S).

As Nikhil said, its always better to go to a place which have the correct readings.
Which Mandovi was this, Adi99?

If in Bangalore and doing a alignment, I usually head down to Tyre Professionals as RV road. But I have not had any alignment issues when done during service by Mandovi, JP Nagar.
Old 31st January 2009, 16:40   #240
BHPian

It is indeed Mandovi, JP nagar. I have had so many bad experiences with them, now I have given up. I seriously feel they are incompetent. Our fellow bhpian Vikram_d suggested me to go to green cars. Right now my car is in green cars. They clearly understood my problems in 30 mins which Mandovi could not understand for 4 months!!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks