Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2007, 17:24   #91
Team-BHP Support

hey how come Energy is not written on the tyre? Is this the new stock?

Last edited by Vid6639 : 8th May 2007 at 17:25.
Old 8th May 2007, 17:41   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetu View Post
Congrates hyper-vtech, what wheels are those? brand and model no.?
Its some Taiwanese make. Vikram demo'd me and said that it was the lightest...and actually it was. HR or something brand, but it was Grand Touring written on the center.
Old 8th May 2007, 17:44   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
hey how come Energy is not written on the tyre? Is this the new stock?
Funny I know! Rest of the markings are spot on & it's certainly a genuine tyre but the Energy mark is missing. Maybe it's not featured on smaller tyres, let me check with another member who has 13" on his car.

EDIT: Even his tyres don't have Energy written on them and they are 165/65 R13's. Evidently it seems there are two versions of XM1 one which is badged Energy and the other only as XM1. Difference being that the Energy version features a Silica compound contruction whereas the plain XM1 does not feature Silica.

Last edited by iraghava : 8th May 2007 at 17:50.
Old 8th May 2007, 17:54   #94
Team-BHP Support

The last batch of XM1 Energy tyres was imported in Feb-2006. How do I know? I got a set of 16/65/R13's on my bro-in-laws car.

The stickers mentioned Energy but I am not sure if the side walls did. I will check tonight and let you guys know.
Old 8th May 2007, 20:44   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Funny I know! Rest of the markings are spot on & it's certainly a genuine tyre but the Energy mark is missing. Maybe it's not featured on smaller tyres, let me check with another member who has 13" on his car.

EDIT: Even his tyres don't have Energy written on them and they are 165/65 R13's. Evidently it seems there are two versions of XM1 one which is badged Energy and the other only as XM1. Difference being that the Energy version features a Silica compound contruction whereas the plain XM1 does not feature Silica.
Are u sure? Sai Iyenger did give me some funda on silicon coating and all...he also told abt how nail (if punctured) gets bonded due to the Silicon...
And I think the stickers mentioned Energy....I am not able to recall...I checked the tyre to 2-3 dealers and it was the same...infact i finally bought it from the distributor and he got this 5 Michelins directly from the company (Blr godown)...

Abhi
Old 8th May 2007, 22:08   #96
Senior - BHPian

Here are the pictures I have been trying to post since yesterday. Waiting for comments:

Old 9th May 2007, 00:23   #97
Senior - BHPian

Honestly they look super cool for a Wagon R shaju.Congrats once again.
Old 9th May 2007, 10:42   #98
Senior - BHPian

Thanks buddy, atleast I feel its not a bad choice. One tip I can give to everyone, never choose an alloy looking at the brochure picture. Its good to see it yourself in real and then make up your mind. Somehow I am happy with the model I chose, but a friend of mine had issues when the actual alloy came to the shop by his request. Finishing was different from the brochure also he couldnt cancel his model because it was brought on request.

LG 193 (the model which I chose from League) also has a different look and finish on their website and brochure. ( main difference is the centre emblom which is a seperate round piece to be pushed to place as a wheel cap, brochure and website model is a single full metal without any detaching areas). So, bottomline, its always best to choose it from the displayed models in the shop.

Any suggestions on how to remove the rusty look from the break drums which is visible through the alloy spokes ? I have seen people painting it red or black. Is it actually paint or some other enamel or polish ? Suggestions appreciated.
Old 9th May 2007, 11:18   #99
Team-BHP Support

hey shaju, excellent choice the alloys look really cool on the WagonR. the car looks much better.

congrats buddy.
Old 9th May 2007, 11:29   #100
Senior - BHPian

Very Porsche 911 Turboesque.
Old 9th May 2007, 13:37   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any suggestions on how to remove the rusty look from the break drums which is visible through the alloy spokes ? I have seen people painting it red or black. Is it actually paint or some other enamel or polish ?
Get them painted. Try the Nexus(MASS) paint shop on 80 feet road or even better if you can head down to Gokula opposite Ramaiah's house there is chap who does quite a good job.

Else its a DIY !! buy the paint, remove the wheels and paint.Helps you burn some calories .
Old 9th May 2007, 13:46   #102
BHPian

one question rjstyles69, do you mean painting the Drums or the brake capilers? If the drum gets painted, after sometime due to braking and friction, the paint would get off right? Sorry for the novice question.

My car is blue, should i paint it blue or some other color?
Old 9th May 2007, 14:03   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
do you mean painting the Drums or the brake capilers?
yes !!

I dont think the paint peals off so easily. Quite of few of our bhp'ians have done it and even am gonna do it this weekend.Need to source some good quality paint and do it.

There is thread on painting the calipers and drums.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ipers-bad.html

Do check designation's thread also here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ed-baleno.html

Quote:
My car is blue, should i paint it blue or some other color?
Honestly I would keep it black , coz I prefer sober looks than something flashy. Once again thats me, you are the best judge for your car.
Old 9th May 2007, 14:54   #104
Senior - BHPian

rjstyles, thanks again buddy ! I would rather prefer a DIY method because I love doing things that are different from my daily routines. To complete the look of the new tires and new alloys, one should also consider removing the rusty look of the inner metal (visible through the alloy spokes) break drum or capiller whatever (i am not sure on the name of this area). If you are doing it this weekend, let me know the paint you plan to use, I would get the same and try it myself. I wonder whats not discussed on this forum !!
Old 9th May 2007, 23:29   #105
Team-BHP Support

shaju they are not referring to rusty part which is the brake disc/rotor where paint cant work, all are referring to coloring the caliper the U shaped thicker part that you see in the front brakes where the brake pads sit and the exterior of the rear drum which is usually black
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks