Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2008, 16:51   #181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Maybe we could meet up sometime and you take my car for spin. What say ?
That is something I'd appreciate a lot Riju. Sarvana went on and on about how happy you are with your S-drives .

I'll msg or call you sometime during this week, we'll plan a meeting.
Old 29th July 2008, 01:16   #182
BHPian

As I am looking forward to go Tubless + Alloy on my Santro Xing, i've started researching on the same on T-BHP site.

I called Sai Iyengar & Sons on Lal Bagh Road today, got a quote of Rs.2300/- for Michelin XM1 with a promise of help to buy Aura Alloys directly from the distributors. He also promised me to get my old stock B'stone 322 (tube type) tyres exchanged.

I also rang Shiva Enterprises (Mr.Venkatesh) for a quote, though he deals only in B'stone he was very helpful. He even called me back when I had enquired about a particular model of AURA Alloy wheels.

Now the big question/dillemma is which shop do I choose? I am inclined towards Michelin XM1 as I have read quite a lot of good reviews about it. Bridgestone TURANZA ER-60 is slightly expensive Rs.2600/- per piece.

I still need to freeze the brand for my alloys, got a call from NEO WHEELS SALES MANAGER direct from Mumbai. He said that AUTO PLANET in koramangala would call me today with the quotes, however didn't receive any call so far.

I'll probably go for AURA, just need to finalize the design & color.

Need help to select the tyre brand though, I'm not keen on upsizing unless the benefits of upsizing are clearer.

Any suggestions/recommendations would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Rajiv
Old 29th July 2008, 10:32   #183
Senior - BHPian

Hi Rajiv,

Go for Michellin If you don't do much bad road driving i mean if you drive more in bad roads then go for Bridgestone. Michellin has edge over Bridgestone because it would give you best comfort with less road noice in the segment.

For typical bad Indian roads Bridgestone is better.

About Alloys Neo has very good design in 13 inch. and about size 165/65 R13 is best one for Santro I guess.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 29th July 2008, 11:44   #184
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks, Help me zero down on few places in Bangalore where I can get "USED" 195/65/14 tyres. I intend on changing my existing tyres and don;t want to go for new right now.

I need used tyres that have at least 15-20K kms life left.

Where can I find them in Bangalore?

What would be the indicative costs?
Old 29th July 2008, 13:56   #185
Senior - BHPian

Best place is check with tyre dealers anywhere in Bangalore and also visit J C Road you can find planety of varities.

I guess you get easily around 1200/- per tyre but not sure how much they quote becasue i found few quotes very high rates and bargain is must.

Ravi.
Old 1st August 2008, 18:25   #186
Senior - BHPian

Urgent help reqd.

Hi all, I need to buy new tyres immediately for my Optra, planning to upgrade to 15", (205/55/15), but unfortunately none of the good tyre shops mentioned in this thread have stocks of the Michelin MXV8.

I was suggested Yokohama S/A drives or the BFgoodrich, which of the two has better ride quality and life?

Anyone know any other shop where the MXV8 can be available?

Thanks in advance.

Hari.
Old 1st August 2008, 18:42   #187
Team-BHP Support

You could also try 195/60-15 in MXV8. Did you try Super Tyre Tec?

For yokos get in touch with Hercules tyres Sheshadripuram. Contact person is Sarvanan.
Old 1st August 2008, 19:13   #188
Senior - BHPian

Hi Vidyut, I've spoken to both Saravana and Prakash of Hercules and Supertyretec respectively, also to Ashwin at Sai Iyengar, no luck.

Saravana bats for yokos, Prakash votes for Goodrich. Both as alternates to Michelin.
I'm now thoroughly confused.
Old 1st August 2008, 22:08   #189
Senior - BHPian

For Optra I suggest Michellins MXV8 because it would give best comfort you can ever think about it Its best matched for Optra which would enhace the sweat ride!

I suggest its worth a wait for MXV8. 205/55 R15 would decrease the FE by at least 1km and ride might be bit harsh unless you get feedback from the person who actually tried it! I have seen same profile on Optra but with bridgestone/goodyear I feel since they want to show off their tyres rather than looking for comfort.

I feel you should think about 195/60 R14 (is best upsize) or 195/60 R15.

Regards,

Ravi.

PS Browse Just Dial and call them as well to check about shops who sell Michellin tyres so many times you will receive a call and if you find suitable size available you might be lucky and your work can done at door step.

Last edited by ravibhat : 1st August 2008 at 22:09.
Old 1st August 2008, 22:12   #190
Senior - BHPian

LukeSky, if MXV8 is not available, go for XM1+, it offers good comfort and ride!

I recently got it on my Palio!
Old 1st August 2008, 22:37   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
I suggest its worth a wait for MXV8. 205/55 R15 would decrease the FE by at least 1km and ride might be bit harsh unless you get feedback from the person who actually tried it! I have seen same profile on Optra but with bridgestone/goodyear I feel since they want to show off their tyres rather than looking for comfort.

I feel you should think about 195/60 R14 (is best upsize) or 195/60 R15.
Ravi outta curiosity, how many tyre swaps have you done on your car and how many brands have you tried and tested? I am sure your post is purely based on hearsay and not self experience.

I cant seem to fathom where this show off thingy came here from.

This statement of yours is simply baseless

Quote:
For Optra I suggest Michellins MXV8 because it would give best comfort you can ever think about it Its best matched for Optra which would enhace the sweat ride!
My car runs on 205/50/R15 and I can vouch that its not as hard as you make it sound here. A few others who have driven my car also can testify for that.

PS : I meant no offense here to you Ravi, but then couldn't resist replying.So peace !!

Hari if you want performance,Yoko is the way to go.Comfort ain't all that bad as it sounds here. We have umpteen satisfied and ever tyre hungry fellas here .

If you want comfort then Michelin is the way to go.

Now toss that coin and make a call. Some of us are waiting for the outcome .
Old 2nd August 2008, 08:12   #192
Senior - BHPian

@ Ravi, thanks for the suggestions, my aim is not the 'showoff thingy' believe me.
About waiting for MXV8, I'd do that, but the dealers (not just one) are not too sure how long the wait's going to be, and I have just shredded my spare tyre too.

@ Finneyp, XM1 or Pilot Preceda if I want Michelin only.

Finally Riju,
Quote:
Now toss that coin and make a call. Some of us are waiting for the outcome .
I'm hitting the market today and finalizing one or the other, don't be surprised if a smart dealer palms off something we'd not even discussed here.

Thanks guys, will let you know the outcome.
Regards,
Hari.
Old 2nd August 2008, 08:34   #193
Senior - BHPian

Ok my statement is not based on my self experience but its on trusted source I do agree that.

Hari go head and take your decision just forget my words

Ravi.

PS There are lot of difference between person who need performance and comfort! so make a call based on your requirment.
Old 2nd August 2008, 20:06   #194
Senior - BHPian

Ok guys, the quest ended today, drove out to JC road and met Prakash of Supertyretec, this is just after I met one of our members thanks to whom I was able to compare two tyres (Michelin)with respect to size and decided that 205/55 was not so essential for my usage as compared to 195/60, so Michelin 195/60/15 it was to be.

Next was the selection of alloys. Shortlisted 2 designs in P&W and Lenso respectively. Prakash was kind enough to fit tyres on to the alloys and then fit on to my car to enable me to make a choice.

P&W, looked jazzy, Lenso looked a little more sober, I decided that sober was me, hence Lenso it was to be.

Final fitment:

Lenso model S7, 7-spoke in Titanium finish and 15", at a cost of 4400/- per wheel

Michelin Energy MXV8, 195/60/15 tyres at a cost of 4375/- per tyre.

Free alignment, balancing and fitment.

Coloured necks for the tyres for 60/- apiece.

Ride comfort is good for the 20 odd kilometres I've driven as of now.
Will post pictures in alloy wheel section tomorrow.

Thank you one and all for your valuable inputs.

Quote of the day:
Tyre dealer: " Sir, if you are from T-Bhp, then you people will know more technicalities and costs when compared to us".

That sums up what this forum stands for.
Cheers,
Hari.

Last edited by Lukeskywalker : 2nd August 2008 at 20:07.
Old 2nd August 2008, 23:18   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

That price for the tyres is basically cost price.

Prakash must have been really desperate to sell you the alloys and the tyres. He made Zero percent proft .

Congrats!! Do post pics of the alloys!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks