Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2008, 05:09   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
If you dont get the tyres from grey market then you get warranty only for Manufacturing defects and not for wear and tear. Thats one reason why i choose Goodyear you can claim warranty with ease
with all the top brands i/e michilin bridgestone firestone pirelli you should have a five year defect warranty. nine times out of ten its down to the supplier of your tyres who cant be bothered with the hassle of cliaming on your behalf to replace there stock level. i do know that a company called vredestien. did or still do have a money back on punctures to.
as for the % thing you cant expect them to give you back a new tyre when maybe youve used most of the tread. in most cases ive found that if you keep you get something back
Old 22nd January 2008, 09:13   #32
BHPian

Guys...here is some info about tyre warranty that might help.

1. Tyres are a propriety item, the warranty is not given by the vehicle manufacturer, it is always taken care by the tyre manufacturer.

2. The vehicle manufacturer will only help you in getting in touch with the service department of the tyre manufacturer.

3. Warranty is the sole discretion of the tyre manufacturer.

4. Tyre warranty is something like this:
a) Generally they give 1 year free of cost replacement. Check with your tyre manufacturer.
b) Generally post 1 year warranty is given on the basis of pro ratra wear on your tyre.

Tyre warranty is given under these circumsatances
Bead failure
Ply seperation
Casing Break Up (CBU)
Under filling on the side walls(result in wobbling)
Tyre noise while driving at high speeds
These were some of the problems for which I have given warranty on tyres during my stint with a well known tyre company.
Old 22nd January 2008, 11:03   #33
Senior - BHPian

I had a punture on my stock JK tyre on my alto. turned out that the tube was split at the joint. (this was after 6 months of use) adviced by mandovi to get it replaced from manufacturer.

Got a document for tube check from Mandovi, went to JK Tyre, they took the tube for inspection and two days later got a new tube! :-)
Old 22nd January 2008, 11:32   #34
BHPian

I got all 5 tyres on my Alto (MRFs) replaced under warranty by Maruti dealer (Rohan, Noida) after runnig them for 12K kms. The new set I got was Bridgestone!

The car had little bubbling issues (vibrations) at high speeds. Later on, it was discovered that the problem was that one of the engine mounting screws was missing (call it a mnufacturing defect or whatever). All in all, I got a new set of tyres for free!!

cheers:
Old 22nd January 2008, 12:08   #35
BHPian

I have got 4 of my Bridge stones replaced under warranty on my Viva.

Problem: After crossing 10k kms my tyres were making humming noise if i exceed 100kmph. Didn't pay much attention to it. But as the mileage was increasing say @ ~ 21K kilometers humming noise was coming at 50Kmph.

Called up Bridge stone and booked an appointment. Engineer arrived 2 hours late. On inspecting he said that there is no problem with the tyre and there may be some pulling which can be corrected by wheel truing and balancing.

I told him that i am complaining about the humming sound and not pulling. We did trial runs and confirmed that humming sound is present. Replaced all the 4 tyres. I had to pay 600 per tyre as i have burnt 17% of rubber for running 25k kilo meters

He wouldn't replace the spare wheel because it is still not producing the sound. He would replace it when i prove him that it is also making noise.

In the whole process car dealer didn't provide any support or help. Its just me and Bridge stone. Over all i had a good experience with Bridge stone engineer.
Old 22nd January 2008, 12:45   #36
Senior - BHPian

I went in for tubed GoodYear radials on my Maruti 800 a decade ago. Though they had good grip on wet roads, they made lot of noise at speeds above 80 kmph.They also wore out after 30 k kilometers, which I feel was too soon.
When I bought a WagonR, I got stock Bridgestone radials (with tube). I've run the car 44000 kms so far, and they are still good --I rotate them every 10 K kms. I had my first 2 punctures only after crossing 41000 kms.
So when it comes to tubed radials, Bridgestone proved far superior to Goodyear.
Old 23rd February 2008, 12:06   #37
BHPian

My Ford Fiesta came with MRF Zv2K 175/65/R14.I hit a median at 25 kmph and the sidewall opened up.Neither Ford or MRF took up the issue,with each blaming the other.When I knew there was no more point in waiting for a replacement I switched over to Bridgestone Potenza G III - 185/60/R14.
There was a marked difference in driving,braking and on bad roads.The simple reason given by MRF Tech guys,was that it wasn't a manufacturing defect and hence nothing could be done.The fact that the car was just 2 months old and had done just 1200 kms was what upset me the most.
In the end its all about customer service,which according to me lacks in most "BIG" Companies.
Old 23rd February 2008, 12:10   #38
BHPian

My Ford Fiesta came with MRF Zv2K 175/65/R14.I hit a median at 25 kmph and the sidewall opened up.Neither Ford or MRF took up the issue,with each blaming the other.When I knew there was no more point in waiting for a replacement I switched over to Bridgestone Potenza G III - 185/60/R14.
There was a marked difference in driving,braking and on bad roads.The simple reason given by MRF Tech guys,was that it wasn't a manufacturing defect and hence nothing could be done.The fact that the car was just 2 months old and had done just 1200 kms was what upset me the most.
In the end its all about customer service, which according to me lacks in most "BIG" Companies.
Old 14th March 2008, 11:23   #39
Senior - BHPian

MRF--Big Company?

Wolfee..if ur checking this....

irony that "M"adras.RF had to give you the headache..!!! how is the Bridg;s??? I have the original Bridg;s on my Alto since jun-03, after 43K KM... not a single puncture... no headaches whatsoever... i am sure you will have a nice time with them...

but please dont bang into medians or potholes at any speed... no one is going to cover that part...
Old 21st May 2008, 14:22   #40
BHPian

Tyre Cuts & Warranty

Hi All
I got 4 Michelin's PP1's loaded on my City ZX about a week ago. The tyres haven't even clocked 100Km's when I discovered yesterday that one of the tryes has a cut on it.
I took it to the dealer today and he says that cuts are not covered under warranty, something which I agree with. But how is the consumers interest safeguarded then? Imagine buying a brand new tyre and getting a cut on the tyre the very next day. What is the point of buying somethin this expensive then? Is there something that can be said to the dealer to have the tyre exchanged.
May i mention that at my behest he has called the representative from Michelin who would inspect the tyre tomorrow and would take a call on this.
Your opinions on this would be welcome
Thanks
M2S
Old 21st May 2008, 17:36   #41
Senior - BHPian

do keep us updated m2s
Old 25th May 2008, 23:05   #42
BHPian

Hey guys
The good thing about buying a michelin tyre was that the guy from the company did come to inspect the tyre inspite of him knowing it was a cut. Another good thing was that he wanted to change the tyre. The bad thing was, cuts are not covered under the warranty so he could not do anything besides feel sorry for me. No amount of persuasion could convince him to have the tyre changed,so my brand new tyre, has a cut on the tread.
However, the dealer pointed me towards a guy who can fix the tyre and the full life can be obtained. Cost of repair - Rs 200 only. (Gurgaon)The only thing he said to watch out for "a possiblility" of the cut widening due to pebbles which may get stuck in the groove. If that doesn't happen, then this tyre can go on, otherwise, have to buy a new one.
Old 15th February 2010, 12:49   #43
BHPian

Hey guys,

I have Bridgestone potenza G3 on my swift. The car is run like 7000 km on the tyres. The tyre wall has a small pin hole. I have never had a flat. Will this be covered under the tyre warranty? Need help.
Old 15th February 2010, 13:55   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Highly unlikely Vtec rocks. But give it a shot anyway!
Old 15th February 2010, 15:05   #45
BHPian

Thanks Nikhil. Will try and get some deal from the tyre dealer.
The dealer said he would put a patch to the tyre wall. I'm not a big fan of getting a patch done. It ruins the tyre and the weight distribution is compensated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks