Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2015, 22:07   #661
Team-BHP Support

Re: Michelin XM2 Tyres in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
i agree that the charge was high, but i was not in a position to go to other places and enquire... i am going in a vacation tomorrow and i was not comfortable to use that old tyre as Stepney... so, i thought that this is the next best option?
Best thing to do is to get a new tire of the same size/specs as your running set of 4. If you prefer not to buy an expensive Michelin for the spare that may hardly see any use in the set's lifetime, get a relatively cheaper tire (plenty of brands available). Avoid the Chinese stuff though.

I was using a Bridgstone spare with a set of XM2s on my car until I sold it, never had any issues.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2015, 06:55   #662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Best thing to do is to get a new tire of the same size/specs as your running set of 4. If you prefer not to buy an expensive Michelin for the spare that may hardly see any use in the set's lifetime, get a relatively cheaper tire (plenty of brands available). Avoid the Chinese stuff though.

I was using a Bridgstone spare with a set of XM2s on my car until I sold it, never had any issues.
That's is a good idea. I will definitely think about it after my vacation. Now, I am thinking, instead of going for that patch work, i should have paid a bit more and brought a new tyre from Apollo or Goodyear!
Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 3rd December 2015, 11:38   #663
BHPian

After 72,200 kms on stock MRF Zvtv, finally installed Michelin XM2 185/65/R15 for my 3 year old swift ZDi. I didn't want to go for upsize as I am quite happy with stock tyre specs.

Initial impressions- As of now I have driven 100 kms on this tyre sets, trust me car eats up up broken patches and small potholes very well. Yesterday driven at 100 kmph, what a super silent ride it was. I just hope this tyres will treat me well for next 45-50K kms.
Everyone thanks a lot for your posts, which were quite helpful.
Attached Thumbnails
Michelin XM2 Tyres in India-1449121977658.jpg  

Michelin XM2 Tyres in India-1449122003687.jpg  

Michelin XM2 Tyres in India-1449122056188.jpg  

Michelin XM2 Tyres in India-1449122106707.jpg  

Michelin XM2 Tyres in India-1449122195998.jpg  

Last edited by Aniruddha_Ch : 3rd December 2015 at 11:51. Reason: Spelling mistake
Aniruddha_Ch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 16:09   #664
BHPian

My experience with Best Tyres Sector-19 Vashi.

I was to change from Michelin XM1 to Michelin XM2 for City size 175/65 R15. So scheduled the visit to him.

XM2 was offered at Rs.4925/- but was discouraged since Michelin do not honour warranty and the technician does not come to inspect was the refrain. Also, he said the tyres are noisy in the highway and suggested to go for Falken Sincera @4650/-.

Was praising Falken for its performance and durablity and 5 yrs warranty. Finally I decided to try Falken Sincera 175/65 R15 to try it out based on his solid feedback.

Couple of observations:
1. Grips very nicely compared to XM1 for sure.
2. Feels have to accelerate more for pickup especially in 1-2 gear. So feel the tyres have high rolling resistance. Not sure but just my feeling.
3. Might have slightly less mileage due to additional grip and Higher rolling resistance

But just noticed that 2 tyres are of 0815 batch i.e. Feb 2015 and other two is 4315 i.e. Sept 2015. I was really upset that they mixed the batch which i feel accounts to cheating since the prices are charged at current rate and not old batch rate.

Also, will it impact on wear and tear ?

Also, my experience was disappointing this time since had a minor incident there as well. This inspite of my also going for alloys from him. That's another story. Was disappointed overall after paying for alloys and tyres.

My question to gurus is Should i go for Michelin XM2 by paying the difference since the tyres is few 100 kms only i.e. 4-5 days driving. Or continue with Falken's. OR Yoko Earth-1 or Continental CC2.

Anyone with experience of Falken's sincera SN 835 on the City ?
Old 11th December 2015, 16:29   #665
BHPian

Need some help here!
My Swift Dzire has stock GoodYear tyres driven only around 23k. However they are around 4.5yrs old now.
Do I need to replace them right away since the tyre guys keep telling me that GYs are not good enough and even though they haven't done the kms, they have aged in terms of years.
So below are my questions:
1 - Do I need to replace them?
2 - BridgeStone S248 or Michelin XM2?
3 - Can I upgrade without changing the rim?
4 - If yes, what are my options? - 185/70/R14, 195/70/R14, 195/65/R14?
Old 11th December 2015, 17:18   #666
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DipakDZireLover View Post
So below are my questions:
1 - Do I need to replace them?
2 - BridgeStone S248 or Michelin XM2?
3 - Can I upgrade without changing the rim?
4 - If yes, what are my options? - 185/70/R14, 195/70/R14, 195/65/R14?
1. Yes. They have almost aged even though the odometer is low.

2. I'd vote for XM2 for the comfort and grip. But if durability is the main requirement them go for S248.

3. Yes.

4. Best upgrade is 185/70 R14.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2015, 21:08   #667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
2. I'd vote for XM2 for the comfort and grip. But if durability is the main requirement them go for S248.
4. Best upgrade is 185/70 R14.
Thanks. Planning for XM2. I also read in this same thread earlier where you were talking about warranty issues online. As much as I agree to it, just wanted your attention on this:
http://www.michelin.in/IN/en/why-mic...-warranty.html

In the part b., it says the following: "Date of purchase is documented by new vehicle registration (where the tyres were fitted on a new vehicle) or original tyre sales invoice. If there is no proof of purchase, the warranty will be based on the date of manufacture."

Do you think we can just not show a proof and claim depending on the date of manufacture? (That way, we do not have to tell Michelin that they were bought online.)
What do you think?
Old 14th December 2015, 21:42   #668
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DipakDZireLover View Post
Do you think we can just not show a proof and claim depending on the date of manufacture? (That way, we do not have to tell Michelin that they were bought online.)

What do you think?
What ways to find loophole in their own policy!

Honestly speaking, I am not very confident to buy tyres online. I need to visually see them, feel them with my palm and then certify it to be bolted onto my car!

PS: Have a look at this link.

http://media.michelinman.com/content...y-michelin.pdf
Old 3rd January 2016, 20:40   #669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpiyengar View Post
My experience with Best Tyres Sector-19 Vashi.

I was to change from Michelin XM1 to Michelin XM2 for City size 175/65 R15. So scheduled the visit to.....
I switched from JK Tornado to XM2 on my Alto K10 from there. The half bald guy sitting in the office was insisting me to go for MRF ZLX, but I was firm on XM2's. The BEST tyres and Laxmi tyres are adjacent to each other. Laxmi is authorized Michelin dealer but the tyres are stored in Best tyres shop.

I'll vouch for the XM2s. Coming from JK, its a tremendous improvement. The squealing noise during cornering is gone, ride quality had improved. If you are not happy with the Falken then I'll suggest you get them switched because that rubber is the only contact with the road. Insist them on giving a good price on the Falken as they kind of cheated by giving two different batches of tyres. Do check the dates on Michelins if you do get them fitted.

Last edited by chinmaybaikar : 3rd January 2016 at 20:42.
Old 7th February 2016, 11:38   #670
Senior - BHPian

I am considering the XM2 for my Civic and have read on their website that it has a 3 year warranty. However the disclaimer says that it seems to be valid only if purchased from authorized dealers (only 2 are listed for Mumbai). So does this mean no warranty will be honored by Michelin if bought from non authorized dealers ? Any one has experience regarding warranty claims from Michelin.

Thanks

Edit :

Below is as states in the warranty disclaimer

Source : http://media.michelinman.com/content...y-michelin.pdf

MICHELIN INDIA UNAUTHORISED SELLERS POLICY
Michelin India Private Limited (Michelin India) products are available only through authorized
distributors and dealers. A complete directory of distributors and dealers can be found at
http://www.michelin.in/Home/Buying-G...nd-Your-Dealer or by contacting Michelin India at
1800 103 6424 or 0957 523 6424.
Any other person, entity, retailer, mail-order seller, online market place, online store or any other
sources not listed in the directory are not authorised to sell MICHELIN products or offer any
warranties on such products or provide benefits of any schemes launched by Michelin India.
Warranty on MICHELIN products is conditional on, among others things, proper storage, handling,
delivery, tyre selection, mounting, inflation, pressure, tyre use and its limits, tyre monitoring, repairs
or similar interventions, and tyre maintenance, as stipulated by Michelin India. Any of these actions
performed by unauthorized sellers are potential safety risks. Michelin India has no control over
compliance with any these conditions by unauthorized sellers and hence reserves its right to
restrict/refuse warranty on products sold by unauthorized sellers. Please visit the Michelin warranty
available at http://www.michelin.in/Home/Buying-Guide/Warranty.
Consumers are further advised that unauthorized sellers cannot make any representations (including
those of pricing, performance or warranty) in respect of MICHELIN tyres or other MICHELIN brand
products. Michelin India will not honor any such representations, benefits or entitlements offered by
unauthorized dealers.
The following list of unauthorized sellers have been identified. This list is not exhaustive and
consumers are encouraged to visit the directory as stated above.
List of unauthorized resellers
Amazon.in
Cart2india.com
Changemytyre.com
Clicktyre.com
Flipkart.com
Olx.com
Paytm.com
Quikr.com
Shopping.rediff.com
Snapdeal.com
Tyreonwheels.com
Tyresnmore.com
Vicky.in

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 7th February 2016 at 11:40.
Old 7th February 2016, 12:26   #671
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I am considering the XM2 for my Civic and have read on their website that it has a 3 year warranty. However the disclaimer says that it seems to be valid only if purchased from authorized dealers (only 2 are listed for Mumbai). So does this mean no warranty will be honored by Michelin if bought from non authorized dealers? Any one has experience regarding warranty claims from Michelin.
I guess they wouldn't honor warranty if there is an issue in future with the Michelin tyres. They'll ask you to produce the bill of purchase during the claim which later may be denied if the dealer you purchase from isn't authorized and not from the list.

Hyderabad has 17 dealers as per the website link so Mumbai having 2 isn't correct IMO. Do recheck.

EDIT: Checked the website and found 20 dealers in Mumbai.

Last edited by a4anurag : 7th February 2016 at 12:28.
Old 7th February 2016, 13:11   #672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I guess they wouldn't honor warranty if there is an issue in future with the Michelin tyres. They'll ask you to produce the bill of purchase during the claim which later may be denied if the dealer you purchase from isn't authorized and not from the list.

Hyderabad has 17 dealers as per the website link so Mumbai having 2 isn't correct IMO. Do recheck.

EDIT: Checked the website and found 20 dealers in Mumbai.
Ah yes i later saw the All centers section which incidentally does not have my regular tyre shop & alignment guy :-) I was wondering if i were to buy from him or not which might cause warranty issues. I guess the 2 dealers i mentioned are certified dealers and the rest are i guess are regular dealers.

Thanks.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 14:36   #673
BHPian

I had XM1 tyres on my Fiat Palio GTX which lasted for 38000 KMS and after that it started losing air and was prone to puncture. It was so severe that at one time there were 11 punctures in 3 tyres at the sames time. But the XM1 offered fantastic grip and cornering, it was also very silent.

Last June I changed to XM2 without a blink and has now run around 9000 KMS. I am not happy with the XM2 as they are not the same as XM1 in performance. Its noise on highway, its harder than XM1 and on hard braking, it loses grip and skids even on clean roads. Which was not the case with XM1. There is no visually problems and it has not lost its shape or anything.

XM2 is just not as soft and grippy as XM1 is my observation

Regards
Old 9th February 2016, 16:09   #674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
Last June I changed to XM2 without a blink and has now run around 9000 KMS. I am not happy with the XM2 as they are not the same as XM1 in performance. Its noise on highway, its harder than XM1 and on hard braking, it loses grip and skids even on clean roads. Which was not the case with XM1. There is no visually problems and it has not lost its shape or anything.
I have driven around 5K kms on the new XM2 and I don't feel the same. They are soft and silent. Initially they did skid on loose gravel when braking but now they are just perfect. Couldn't ask for anything better. Maybe because you upgraded from XM1 to XM2 that you don't feel much difference. Try reducing the pressure by 1 or 2 psi and see if it makes any difference.
Old 16th February 2016, 09:04   #675
BHPian

Yesterday the XM2 had its first puncture. I could hear a tik-tik sound while driving and assured myself that it was some stone stuck in the treads. But even after driving around 80 where almost all the stuck stones get thrown out, the sound wouldn't stop. Took a look at the tyre and this was welcoming me :banghead:

First puncture:
Michelin XM2 Tyres in India-1455593673737.jpg

Update:
Luckily the screw wasn't long enough and didn't puncture the tyre. If it had pierced between the treads then it would have gone deep enough to cause puncture in new 5k kms old tryes.

Last edited by aah78 : 17th February 2016 at 01:30. Reason: Update added.
chinmaybaikar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks