Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2017, 08:31   #151
AAD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
I purchased Bosch online twice last year, one with frame and one without and both were not good.

Just confirms what Karan suggested. Thanks for chipping in
AAD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2017, 23:03   #152
BHPian

Re: My Fortuner Tyre Upgrade: Continental Cross Contact A/T

Followed this post for quite sometime now and finally replaced my OE tires after 62K of use with Continental Cross Contact AT. Thank Karan!

Will share my experience from time to time but as of now I'm pretty impressed by their looks and performance.

My initial impression vs perception from various online reviews. The ride comfort, highway grip on corners and noise are hardly any different from the OE. Tried them in mud and was more confident but can't really tell the difference without driving another Fortuner with OE tyres on the same patch. But they definetaly felt more comfotable over mud.

I'll share some pics and data on FE in couple of days.
gotcha797 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2017, 23:08   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAD View Post
Just confirms what Karan suggested. Thanks for chipping in
I yesterday got the vehicle serviced at an ASC where they said a set of wipers will cost 2400 rupees. So I decided to give it a try from an outside shop. Got Hella brand wipers for Rs. 360 and the perform the same as originals. This really surprised me.
Old 18th August 2017, 21:36   #154
BHPian

Hi all!
Now I've used the Continentals for about 1500 Kms to include Delhi Jammu Highway, driving in hills to Patnitop, river crossing over River Basanter near Samba and some workout in paddy fields.
The tyres damp small potholes and irregularities in road better than OE. Cornering at higher speeds is more confident and I'm sure they would be having better braking as well though a situation haven't arrived. The fuel efficiency in city traffic is same as earlier while highway it's gone down by about 1.5 KMPL.
Driving in hills was a pleasure, I tried to push the car really hard in corners but they never made a noise.

Crossing the river bed was cake walk in low range as it was all pebbles below with water depth around 50 cms. I think here the OE would have performed the same.

Going through the paddy fields saw a lot of wheelspin but the car was never stuck given that I maintained some momentum. There is no doubt now that all terrain tyres perform much better in mud than highway tyres.

I'm in love with these tyres, they definitely give a more macho and mature look to the Fortuner.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...1&d=1503072205
Attached Thumbnails
My Fortuner Tyre Upgrade: Continental Cross Contact A/T-rps20170818_212742_836.jpg  

My Fortuner Tyre Upgrade: Continental Cross Contact A/T-rps20170818_212813_102.jpg  

My Fortuner Tyre Upgrade: Continental Cross Contact A/T-rps20170818_212844_576.jpg  

Old 19th August 2017, 23:26   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
Hi.. Just completed 50K on my Xylo and 10K on GY SA's. Absolutely satisfied with the performance of these tyres. No issues whatsoever. Had a puncture on one of the tyres but that's again usual on Mumbai roads. Tyre treads have not reduced much and they seem good for another 40K kms atleast. Tyres are really silent and the SA technology seems to be working. road noise is less and road shocks seem to be absorbed better than BS-D's.

50K overall on these tyres will be a good run considering the money you throw to get them. Rotation and balancing is due this Saturday before a Christmas trip. Good to go tyre I can say..

Regards,
Hi,

Completed almost 30K kms on GY-W's AT/SA and had one may be two punctures. These 30K kms have been 35% offroad as I also did a Leh road trip in June 2016 and roads towards Tso Kar via Polokongka La (not sure of the name of this pass) were real bad. So I am considering much of my tire tread has worn on these 2 rides alone (2016 - Leh and 2015 - Spiti) but the tires still have close to 50% tread still left and I am anticipating another 25K -30K on these set of tires. the SA (Silent Armor) technology indeed keeps the road noise away and the ride has been really silent till now. No issues whatsoever. 60K kms in almost 20K price would be a really good deal on these GY's. Will keep updating as and when I complete another milestone.
rahulya007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2018, 21:28   #156
BHPian

Completed 40K on GY Wranglers AT/SA tyres and also my third trip to Leh with family this time. still have around 20-25% tread left and I am extremely satisfied with this set. I think it should last another 10k or so before going bald and 50K for this set will be a complete VFM for me. No more punctures apart from the ones mentioned above. Completely satisfied with these ones. Thinking of Falken Wildpeak A/T 01 as next set of tyres.

Most Viewed