Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2013, 18:01   #31
BHPian

Karan this is exactly what I was looking for . My Fortuner has done 57k kms with religious wheel alignment and balancing . The tires now look really tired . They've lost their sheen and aren't confidence inspiring at 3 digit speeds . Called Madhuban Toyota and was quoted 19k a piece for their OEM Dunlop Grand-treks started to consider them over Bridgestone's as advised by Trevor (STRAIGHTLINE) but immediately received a call from Toyota correcting the price to 23k a piece ! Now this is as good as 2 Bridgestone s . Idea of Dunlops dropped search begins landed here Karan's choice of Goodyear contis makes sense considering his off road ventures but my usage is limited to only in city and on expressway. Now isn't Yokohama and Michelin known to have soft side walls or they have tropicalized their side walls and made them India proof or as common sense point s these profile s have a strong sidewall . Does any body have photos of Michelin can you please put them here ? Finally what tyre should be good for highway comfort read 3 digit speeds and city use and occasional off road typically the one which is limited to left tyres while overtaking trucks jammed at road bottle necks and tolls ! I am a little biased towards the Bridgestone's as B390's perform flawless on innova s !
m-hawk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2013, 15:35   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

re: My Fortuner Tyre Upgrade: Continental Cross Contact A/T

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-hawk View Post
Karan this is exactly what I was looking for . My Fortuner has done 57k kms with religious wheel alignment and balancing . The tires now look really tired . They've lost their sheen and aren't confidence inspiring at 3 digit speeds . Called Madhuban Toyota and was quoted 19k a piece for their OEM Dunlop Grand-treks started to consider them over Bridgestone's as advised by Trevor (STRAIGHTLINE) but immediately received a call from Toyota correcting the price to 23k a piece ! Now this is as good as 2 Bridgestone s . Idea of Dunlops dropped search begins landed here Karan's choice of Goodyear contis makes sense considering his off road ventures but my usage is limited to only in city and on expressway. Now isn't Yokohama and Michelin known to have soft side walls or they have tropicalized their side walls and made them India proof or as common sense point s these profile s have a strong sidewall . Does any body have photos of Michelin can you please put them here ? Finally what tyre should be good for highway comfort read 3 digit speeds and city use and occasional off road typically the one which is limited to left tyres while overtaking trucks jammed at road bottle necks and tolls ! I am a little biased towards the Bridgestone's as B390's perform flawless on innova s !
Hey m-hawk,

I suggest it is more than a good time for you to change the tires on your Fortuner.

Regarding highway comfort i suggest the best bet would be the Michelin Latitude Cross, as they would be more composed than our OE Dunlops majorly because of the softer compound used providing more comfort & better high speed manners. Also dont think that the Michelins will have softer side walls, as the a lot of tech support has gone in through BF Goodrich (now owned by Michelin)

Likewise Continental Cross Contact A/T's haven't been detrimental in high speed manners as i have already said that in the review so you should consider them too.

Bridgestone I dont have much experience on as far as SUV tires are concerned.
Old 9th November 2013, 15:44   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My Fortuner Tyre Upgrade: Continental Cross Contact A/T

Range Rover 'Silk Trail' Evoques equipped with Continental Cross Contact A/T's

My Fortuner Tyre Upgrade: Continental Cross Contact A/T-photo-1.jpg

My Fortuner Tyre Upgrade: Continental Cross Contact A/T-photo-2.jpg

My Fortuner Tyre Upgrade: Continental Cross Contact A/T-photo-3.jpg

Quite a feel good moment

Pic courtesy BHPian bhp! (Manish)
karan561 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th November 2013, 15:57   #34
BHPian

Great to know that the contis are going good distances across all terrains and cross - continental trails

Karan mate, you've sold me the next set of contis for my truck. !
Cheers
Monaro CV8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2013, 10:15   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
Karan mate, you've sold me the next set of contis for my truck. !
Cheers
Hey thanks Monaro

BTW how many kms clocked on your Fortuner's odo currently & when do you plan to swap ?
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 17:38   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Its about time I changed my Fortuners tires now.Based on my preference for comfort and no offroading Saifee Tyres has recommended the Michelin Latitude Cross(16k per tire) and Continental CrossContact LX(15.5k per tire).
There is also the Yoko Geolander HT which is 12k but was told it's not as good as the above mentioned two.
Which one do you guys recommend of these two?
Old 2nd January 2014, 18:21   #37
Team-BHP Support

Around 18K kms, (or was it 15K), I changed to continetnal cross contact ATs. Am on my third set now. I love the tire. Its very tough, can handle rocks, and the sidewall is amazing. You can read my review in the tires section.
I recommend this tire. As for Yoko, many users have told me about the weak sidewall, but the softer sidewalls means yoko has better ride quality. Conti is hard, but its tough.
tsk1979 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 18:22   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Its about time I changed my Fortuners tires now.Based on my preference for comfort and no offroading Saifee Tyres has recommended the Michelin Latitude Cross(16k per tire) and Continental CrossContact LX(15.5k per tire).
There is also the Yoko Geolander HT which is 12k but was told it's not as good as the above mentioned two.
Which one do you guys recommend of these two?
Go in for the Michelin Latitude Cross, they shall serve your purpose very well, & also if you may wish to go OTR will perform better than OE Dunlops
karan561 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th February 2014, 17:08   #39
BHPian

My Fortuner Tyre Upgrade: Continental Cross Contact A/T

Hi all,has anyone tried using Michelin Cross Latitudes?My Dunlop Grand treks should finally be changed,as a long highway trip is planned in March.Read about Mannuj's experience with Yokohama Geolanders am in real dilemma .

Last edited by m-hawk : 28th February 2014 at 17:12.
Old 7th March 2014, 13:25   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,has anyone tried using Michelin Cross Latitudes?.
Hi m-hawk,

Michelins would be performing much better than the OE Dunlops & honestly would be slightly better off road too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Its about time I changed my Fortuners tires now
^ Im quoting Sahil in as he has switched to Michelins in his Fortuner so can give a better feedback.

Last edited by karan561 : 7th March 2014 at 13:26.
Old 24th March 2014, 09:42   #41
Senior - BHPian

How are the Contis doing? I am torn between the Pirelli Scorpion ATR and the Continental A/T. Usage is 80% on oad 20% offroad.
Old 24th March 2014, 11:00   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
How are the Contis doing? I am torn between the Pirelli Scorpion ATR and the Continental A/T. Usage is 80% on oad 20% offroad.
Contis are performing excellently, be it at high speeds or on rough unforgiving terrains they are very well suited to the Fortuners personality
Old 24th March 2014, 11:11   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Contis are performing excellently, be it at high speeds or on rough unforgiving terrains they are very well suited to the Fortuners personality
Good to hear. How many kms done till now?
Old 24th March 2014, 11:40   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Good to hear. How many kms done till now?
Just about 9k kms done so far.
Old 24th March 2014, 11:49   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,has anyone tried using Michelin Cross Latitudes?My Dunlop Grand treks should finally be changed,as a long highway trip is planned in March.Read about Mannuj's experience with Yokohama Geolanders am in real dilemma .
Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Hi m-hawk,

Michelins would be performing much better than the OE Dunlops & honestly would be slightly better off road too.

^ Im quoting Sahil in as he has switched to Michelins in his Fortuner so can give a better feedback.
Been approx two months since I switched to the Michelins. The ride has improved a bit however I have not spent a lot of time in the car since or gone on a highway outing yet.
My Fortuner is 95% chauffeured hence my drivers feedback is better than mine and he found a noticeable difference in the steering lightness and overall smoothness. He was very pleased that we switched to the Michelins.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks