Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2024, 09:53   #511

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
I see Michelins and not Pirellis. Being a low profile tire, expect a harsher ride. The handing should be little tighter. However, be careful on Indian roads with low profile tires. Chances of damaging the side walls or getting bulges are higher due to our road conditions.

Just by the looks of it, please check if front wheels have proper clearance with the wheel well while turning the steering either ways. Also, getting an impression that rear wheels might scrape the wheel well on road undulations with a fully loaded car. In my opinion, 195s would have been a better choice.
Hi, thanks for your response, these points were helpful for me to go ahead and analyse these concerns. My bad in the typo, it was pilot sports 4 and not Pirelli sport 4.

I see that the sidewall deviation is almost the same compared to the stock ones which were 185/55. Hence profile height remains the same and is not lower.

I did notice the steering may have gotten slightly tighter compared to my friend's city, and I seem to like this one. I was used to my Ford Figo and light steerings do t give the required confidence.

Tyre noise is quite low and slightly audible only above 90 kmph. Road undulations are fairly well handled.

Did check on the clearance with wheel well and all looks good. Only concern at this point is sidewall scraping on bad roads which I guess I'll need to be careful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Those alloys look like they have a negative offset, which may be bad for your car and your wallet (suspension wear and tear , potentially illegal and very visible. Kerala MVD would flag it in an instant, not sure about KA)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...ious-cars.html (How Important Is the Offset (ET) of a Wheel During Wheel Upgrade for Various Cars?)
Thanks for your response, after your post I did check this and found that it indeed has a positive offset, it may however be lesser than stock wheels.

The concave design of alloys are not as prominent as it seems in the picture, and the wider wheels to accommodate 205s also help in this aspect.

Last edited by KarthikK : 1st April 2024 at 10:01. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the same thread. Thanks
Old 6th April 2024, 14:14   #512
Senior - BHPian

Re: 4th gen. Honda City : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Folks,

My Honda City 2015 model S needs new tyres. It's currently running on stock steel wheels with 175/65 Goodyear tyres.
Can I upgrade to 185 or 195 tyres without changing the wheels? If yes, could you please recommend the tyres - brand and model?
Old 8th April 2024, 03:21   #513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Can I upgrade to 185 or 195 tyres without changing the wheels?
Yes, you can upgrade to 185-section tyres without facing any issues & on the plus side you'll gain a few mm of ground clearance.

Quote:
If yes, could you please recommend the tyres - brand and model?
Continental UC6 is a good choice.
NA-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2024, 09:15   #514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Folks,

My Honda City 2015 model S needs new tyres. It's currently running on stock steel wheels with 175/65 Goodyear tyres.
Can I upgrade to 185 or 195 tyres without changing the wheels? If yes, could you please recommend the tyres - brand and model?
I use 195 section 15 inch tires from Michelin P4ST. Have been using these for 5 years and they have served me well, with good ride comfort. These were shod on the stock alloy wheels without any issue. Would recommend 195 section tires, which provides a good mix of grip and handling.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks