Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2021, 14:15   #436

Re: 4th gen. Honda City : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Hi all, my 2017 ZX CVT is due for its tyre upgrade this April from the stock 185/55/R16 Bridgestone Ecopia.

I have a 2014 VX CVT which I upgraded to 195/55/R16 Michelin XM2 with Inforged alloys and I only have good things to say about them. So I thought I would see what Michelin's are available given the stock shortage. A dealer in Delhi wants Rs.9000 per tyre for Primacy 4ST made in 2020 (not sure of week).

Can I get some advice as to whether the higher price for the P4ST is worth it or is there a next best alternative that I could go for to save some cash?
Thanks in advance.
Old 28th March 2021, 05:16   #437
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmanliving View Post
Can I get some advice as to whether the higher price for the P4ST is worth it or is there a next best alternative that I could go for to save some cash?
Thanks in advance.
The Michelins are always worth of that money. I won't call them pricey, because you are getting what you are paying for. In my 2014 Honda City, I have used XM2 (195/60/15) and 4ST (195/60/15). I have great experiences with Michelins. So went I bought a new Rapid last december, I went in search of 4ST and luckily got 4 of them after lot of inquiry at different shops, although I had to make a travel of 100+ kms for the same. For me 'nothing else will do'.
Old 28th March 2021, 10:45   #438

Quote:
Thanks in advance.
Hi, P4STs are the best no doubt but the next best thing is MRF perfinzas. I use 195/60 R15 section on my jazz and it's real good value for money. It provides around 90% of the grip levels as P4ST and stronger sidewall. It cost me about 5400₹/per tyre(R15 size) an year back. There is a similar spec R16 model aswell , do check them out if possible.
Suchu90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 13:21   #439
BHPian

Changed stock tires (175 65 R15) today on my 2016 Honda City CVT to Conti UC 6 in 195/60 R15 option for 5300 per tire.

Other Options considered were
1. MRF Perfinza - 5600
2. Conti MC 5 - 5300
3. Yokohoma Earth 1 - 5400 and
4. Michelin P4ST. - 6700

My main requirements were
1. Comfortable ride
2. Lesser noise
3. Better braking ability of course

My running is limited to around 10K per year. My City Vs highway running is 60:40. I may not keep the car beyond 2-3 years. So I was not looking for long term durability necessarily.

Michelins were too costly and hence rejected. MC5 was out of stock. Dealer told me that they are getting UC6 stock rather than MC5 and are better than MC5. Did not consider Yoko's because I saw reviews that they get harder after 20k. Did not consider MRFs as I was not sure how noisy and comfortable they were compared to UC6.

After changing the tires, drove back to my home for around 15 km. So cannot give proper feedback. But initial impression is that its definitely silent and also comfortable. Overall characteristic of the car has also seem to have improved. Couldn't drive on highway.
Old 7th July 2021, 11:16   #440
BHPian

OEMs on my Honda City IDtec Edge are Bridgestone 175/65 R15 Alloys . The tyres were good with decent performance but the profile always seemed puny for the City. Till 45K km, I faced no problem , but post that, the rear left tyre got multiple punctures.

Then its sidewall got punctured . I got it repaired but the tyre started to lose the pressure once in 3 days or so. Finally, after a fresh puncture, the tyre became unusable and had to shift to the spare.

Meanwhile, I was trying to get Michelin P4st 195/60 R15 , but the import ban meant the scarcity of the tyres or atrocious prices . So, eventhough I wanted to change the tyres, I delayed .

After the car ran for a couple of 100 kms, the front left tyre started to lose the pressure . Further, I found the front tyres to have wore off more than I expected at 47000Km.
This alarmed me as I drive 600 km everyweek on highways and resolved to change the tyres asap.

I zeroed on MRF Perfinzas 195/60 R15 as suggested by my friend @varun_nexaguy , who assured its almost as good as P4sts coming at a lesser price.

I took the leap and got the Tyres fixed along with the WBA. The tyres were manufactured in Feb 2020.

The stance of the car changed for better ( the 175/65 looked so puny ) the 195/60 looks balanced on City and not aggressive.

I drove around 400 KM after and the ride definitely seems to have become more plush, but the biggest difference I can observe is that the steering became tight and meatier to hold, especially at higher speeds , which inspires confidence on highways.
I can see a 1km drop in mileage reading on MID but no difference in range. Will have to see the difference in mileage after I fill the tank

Will post further observations in future.
Attached Thumbnails
4th gen. Honda City : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-20210703_151834.jpg  

4th gen. Honda City : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-20210703_200945.jpg  

4th gen. Honda City : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-20210703_201108.jpg  

4th gen. Honda City : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-20210704_104154.jpg  

Last edited by poised2drive : 7th July 2021 at 11:24. Reason: Adding images
poised2drive is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 15:38   #441
BHPian

So after going through this thread in detail,finally changed the shoes on the ANHC. Though the mileage on the car was about 48k kms and tread still seemed good for at least 4-5k kms , I got them replaced just for the sake of peace of mind. The car is 6 years old and I plan to keep it for a couple of years more since the FE is exemplary (16-19 in the city) and though I do have better cars in our garage, this somehow still feels special being my first "new" car purchase. Upsized to 195/60/15 Yokohama Earth 1. Wasn't able to find 2021 manufactured Blu Earth ones so settled for the Earth 1. Paid 5150/tyre + 500 fitment and balancing charge to Tyresnmore.com. Found the service levels and professionalism on point. Significantly improved cushioning and a much lighter steering are my initial impressions. The wheel arches look much better with the upsize. Highly recommended.
Karan_n8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2021, 20:02   #442

Hello everyone, I own a Honda city 4th Generation(manufactured - July 2018, model - V), which comes with the stock tyres of size 175/65/R15. I noticed that the top variant comes with tyres/alloys of size 185/55/R16 after going through the details on the forum (Could not find this listed on Honda's official site, they seem to not sell this variant anymore.).

My vehicle, though not driven much (only around 13.5K Kms), stays outdoor and faces the harshness of weather/stray dogs and notorious kids, and now has started to fade a bit. I am planning to give it a fresh look, to start with - upgrade its tyres and alloys.

I am in a dilemma to choose between 195/60/R15(Difference in circumference - 1.07) vs 185/55/R16(Difference in circumference - .23).

I would like your inputs as in,

- What should I opt for - the first option is most preferred on the forum, the second is the one that comes as stock on the top end variant.
- How do both these options affect the warranty?
- What difference do both these options make to my ride quality?

Thanks in advance.
Old 7th September 2021, 12:54   #443
BHPian

Hi Everyone!

I need advice on replacing tyres on my 2015 4th gen City. I have been using the original stock MRF 175/65 R15 tyres and after 6 years, I think its time to change them. The car hasn't run much, 22000 km on the odo, but its probably time to replace the tyres.

Wear and treads:
4th gen. Honda City : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-tyre01.jpg

I am in Mumbai and use Viva Honda in Chandivali for servicing needs. The service rep is suggesting Goodyears 175/65 R15 size for the replacement. I was wondering whether I should go for wider track tyres. What size and brand would you guys suggest? And for those in Mumbai, would you please suggest a place to get the change done close to the Powai/Chandivali area.
Old 7th September 2021, 14:39   #444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_Sensei View Post
I am in Mumbai and use Viva Honda in Chandivali for servicing needs. The service rep is suggesting Goodyears 175/65 R15 size for the replacement. I was wondering whether I should go for wider track tyres. What size and brand would you guys suggest? And for those in Mumbai, would you please suggest a place to get the change done close to the Powai/Chandivali area.
Keep away from Goodyears - they are the last choice. Given the non-availability of Michelins, I would recommend the Yokohoma BluEarth AE51 or MRF Perfinza.

If you drive mostly within city limits then stick to the stock size. If your drive involves highways and corners then you can plan to upsize to 195/60R15.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 7th September 2021 at 14:46.
vsrivatsa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 15:46   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_Sensei View Post
Hi Everyone!

I need advice on replacing tyres on my 2015 4th gen City.

I own a 4th-gen Honda City too and replaced all 4 tyres with 62000kms on the odo. I upgraded to MRF Perfinza 195/60/ R15. I feel more confident on highways. Grip levels are ver good during monsoons and the overall damage was INR 22k including wheel balancing.
RJ2285 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 17:05   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Keep away from Goodyears - they are the last choice. Given the non-availability of Michelins, I would recommend the Yokohoma BluEarth AE51 or MRF Perfinza.

If you drive mostly within city limits then stick to the stock size. If your drive involves highways and corners then you can plan to upsize to 195/60R15.
Thank you vsrivatsa! This definitely helps me a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ2285 View Post
I own a 4th-gen Honda City too and replaced all 4 tyres with 62000kms on the odo. I upgraded to MRF Perfinza 195/60/ R15. I feel more confident on highways. Grip levels are ver good during monsoons and the overall damage was INR 22k including wheel balancing.
Thank you RJ2285! That's two recommendations for the MRF Perfinza, I think I will go for them.
Ajay_Sensei is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2021, 18:25   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Like many others before me, I came to this thread looking for answers on what to do about the skinny OEM tyres on my (hopefully) soon to arrive Honda City.
I ruled out the option which lowers ground clearance (185/60 R15). Coming to the other two:
* 185/65 R15: This adds 6.5mm to the radius (or GC if you want to think of it that way), but is more than the recommended 2% limit for change in radius/circumference. Just to put 6.5mm in context - 6.5mm is slightly lower than the tread depth of a new tyre (which is around 7-8mm). Having said that, I’m sure the 2% recommendation exists for a reason, so on to the next option.
* 195/60 R15: This adds 3.25 mm to the radius and is well within the 2% margin and is the most recommended upsize on the forum.

Looking forward to your comments!

Excellent paraphrasing!
I've booked a 4th gen city and looking for ways to upp the GC by a few mm if not more. Following options exist:
1. Stock tyres on 'V' variant are 15inchers. Can I upgrade to 16inchers of Z/ZX variant? Assuming I keep the tyre profile same, I get half inch increase in GC. Is this feasible?
2. Instead of changing alloys, increasing tyre size to either 185/65 ( which is beyond the recommended 2%) or going with 195/60/15.

If i do go with 185/65, will the tyres scrape or foul with other components? Has anyone done this?
Old 8th November 2021, 18:04   #448

Changed the stock tyres MRF ZVTV 175/65/R15 to Bridgestone B-290 185/65/R15. My Honda City 2015 rides very comfortable with the new shoes. No loss of mileage, infact I feel the fuel efficiency has rather increased. Purchased from a dealer in Pallika Bhawan, Delhi for 5350 per tyre.

Due to the increase in the side walls of the 185/65/R15, the ground clearance of my City has increased a bit but nothing significant. I was also offered the Bridgestone B250 in the same size (about 5000/ piece), but decided to go for the B290s as they are more efficient tyres and newer. Other options were Yokohama Earth1 (4850), Micehllin (6000), however, I decided to go for the tested Bridgestone rubber.

PSI- 30; needs professional alignment after wheel change as the Bridgestone dealer did a shoddy job with the alignment.

4th gen. Honda City : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_7498.jpg

4th gen. Honda City : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_7512.jpg
Old 14th November 2021, 16:58   #449
BHPian

Would anyone be able to tell me if the 4th Gen's 16" alloys from the 2017 facelift will properly fit my 2011 City?
And what's the best tyre option in 16?
195/55/R16 or 205/50/R16?
Old 1st December 2021, 16:55   #450
BHPian

Had a question about the 2015 4th gen Honda City iVtec CVT, that I have been driving since last week (Father-in-law wanted to keep my Hyundai Venue for a few months for the C-SUV experience). Has run 25000 so far

1. Feel like the braking lacks bite, especially at lower speeds. Brakes feel very spongy as well. Took it to the ASS, changed brake pads, re-filled brake oil, and was declared to be ok. Do all Honda City's brake this way, or is it just perception since I am coming from a Hyundai Venue?

2. I use Cruise control a lot, due to a lot of highway driving. When on cruise control and accelerating from below the set speed, the engine revvs up really high to reach target speed (this was not the case in other cars I have driven with cruise control). In ECO mode it is way too slow. Is this the experience of other drivers as well?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks