Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2020, 16:53   #421
BHPian

Re: 4th gen. Honda City : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Changed the tyres finally to Yokohama Earth-1 195/60R15 today at my trusted tyre dealer,Ashoka tyres.

These tyres has costed me ₹22400 including WA and WB and the tyres I got were manufactured in 44th week of 2020,which is from the fresh lot.
Old 17th December 2020, 11:19   #422
BHPian

My 2016 Honda City i-VTEC MT has clocked 61000kms and is due for a tyre replacement. I plan to replace all 4 tyres. My car is currently shod with MRF ZVTV 175/65/ R15 and i plan to upgrade to 195/60 R 15 as it is highly recommended on this thread and I have 3 road trips planned within the next 3 months.

While I would like to put my money on Michelin XM2 or P4ST, non-availability of the same due to the current situation leaves me with the below option.

MRF Perfinza 195/60 R15 and I have been quoted INR 5450/- per tyre.

Seek your view before I take the plunge.
Old 18th December 2020, 12:27   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ2285 View Post

While I would like to put my money on Michelin XM2 or P4ST, non-availability of the same due to the current situation leaves me with the below option.

I'll suggest the Yokohama Bluearth series. Amazon has the AE50 and AE51 for about Rs. 51xx.
deepakv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 16:17   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ2285 View Post
My 2016 Honda City i-VTEC MT has clocked 61000kms and is due for a tyre replacement. I plan to replace all 4 tyres. My car is currently shod with MRF ZVTV 175/65/ R15 and i plan to upgrade to 195/60 R 15 as it is highly recommended on this thread and I have 3 road trips planned within the next 3 months.

Go for Perfinza eyes closed. Amazing tires with great sidewall strength and do not get punctured easily.
ank.nsit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 21:59   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Go for Perfinza eyes closed. Amazing tires with great sidewall strength and do not get punctured easily.
Thanks buddy. Yes, I finally went ahead with Perfinza only as Yokohama was not available. I am loving the drive. Increase in ground clearance is one of the biggest advantages of this upgrade

I am eagerly waiting to drive on the expressway. I have planned a trip to Mahabaleshwar in the next few days and will post my experience
Old 21st December 2020, 12:28   #426
BHPian

Hi All, Need your help!

I'm planning to get tires upgraded on my family car: 2015 City V MT petrol.

The car is hardly used: it's run 16K in 5.5 years (as of now). My parents hardly use the car as both me and my brother are away from home. Now we're relocating to Kerala and will be driving from Rajahmundry to Thrissur in our car. The stock tires (MRF ZVTV) are in pretty bad shape with cuts on the sidewall, so a decision has been made to upgrade before the drive.

The problem is: Rajahmundry being a small town has limited options when it comes to tires. These are the options available:

Size: Stock 175/65 R15 (not upsizing given the low usage and conservative driving style of my parents)

Bridgestone B250 (Got a blank face when I asked for Turanza)
Apollo Alnac 4GS
MRF ZVTV(Got a blank face when I asked for ZLX)

Funnily, most of the tires above will be in stock probably by this weekend. They are out of stock at all dealers I asked!

(Apollo guys encouraged me to pick the 185/60 R15 since the 175s are out of stock)

Michelin tires are vailable but doesn't have an authorised dealer in this city as per their website. Goodyear is available, but not considered.

What do I do? I'm tempted to pick between Alnac and ZVTV, but have no idea which one would take the brunt of the bad roads both in A.P. and also Kerala, where the car would hopefully spend the remaining part of its life.

The next tire change will be in 5 years if not more. Budget is not an issue, quality and safety is

Last edited by govindremesh : 21st December 2020 at 12:30.
Old 22nd December 2020, 00:15   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govindremesh View Post

Bridgestone B250 (Got a blank face when I asked for Turanza)
Apollo Alnac 4GS
MRF ZVTV(Got a blank face when I asked for ZLX)

Of those 3 options only, I would vote for the Alnac 4GS. Else,if Michelin XM2 is available and not much more expensive, I would suggest you go for it.
Old 22nd December 2020, 14:34   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakv View Post
Of those 3 options only, I would vote for the Alnac 4GS. Else,if Michelin XM2 is available and not much more expensive, I would suggest you go for it.
Thanks! I also got another option today: Goodyear Assurance TripleMax. How does that compare with Alnac?

Michelin XM2 is available, but the dealer is not listed on Michelin website as authorized. Further, the Service advisor at Honda told me that Michelin won't survive on the bad roads here.
Old 23rd December 2020, 01:03   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! I also got another option today: Goodyear Assurance TripleMax. How does that compare with Alnac?

Michelin XM2 is available, but the dealer is not listed on Michelin website as authorized. Further, the Service advisor at Honda told me that Michelin won't survive on the bad roads here.
Id suggest stay away from the Triplemax - and if you can spend the 300-500 extra for XM2 just go for it. I have had no issues with it in the imperfect Mumbai roads since last year and love the softer & quieter ride it provides! Else, stick with the Alnacs.
deepakv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2021, 23:57   #430
BHPian

I had a bad puncture/tyre cut while returning from a outstation drive last week. I noticed a metal piece on the road at a turn and tried my best to avoid it, but was unsuccessful.

Hence had to get new shoes for the car. given the tyres has run 20km, I decided to change two of them and got the new Conti UC6 as the MC5s have now been discontinued. posts 5.2k per tyre.

the car does feel better and much more comfortable with the new shoes on
Attached Thumbnails
4th gen. Honda City : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img20201225wa0040.jpg  

AkshatR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 10:45   #431
BHPian

Have narrowed down on the Continental UC6 195/60/R15 on my 2014 Honda City as the MC5 seem to be out of stock. The other option I had was the Earth-1 but more inclined towards the UC6. Got quoted 5.3k per tyre. Would like to hear some feedback from anyone using the UC6 on their City.

Just have a few doubts before I go ahead:
1.Can I expect the the tyres to last at least 40k kms mostly with Mumbai City driving and occasional highway trips?
2 Also after up-sizing from 175 should I expect a F. E of 9-10 at least? People here were mentioning 7. Don't like such low numbers on my daily drive 😬
3. I'm extra careful over bad roads so hope that the tyres are not extra prone to punctures..

Any other tyre I should consider based on my requirements?
TheQuarterMile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 17:34   #432
BHPian

It was time to change the stock 185/55 R16 Bridgestone Ecopias on our 2017 City ZX after 17,000 kms. I would like to rate these stock tyres as average in terms of braking, grip & road noise. These stock ones would have lasted 20-25K kms easily if it wasn't for the small fraction of rough road driving and dry steering practice included in our daily run.

When we were looking for replacement tyres, Michelin and Yokohama were considered as primary options. Due to the ongoing Michelin situation, options were narrowed down to S-drive by Yoko or Earth by Yoko. Both were 195/55 R16 which is a slight upsize from the stock rubber. We finally decided to go with the S-drive as it was the more road grip and performance oriented one compared to the Earth which had ride comfort and efficiency as its highlights. After putting on the S-drive i felt a 20% increase in cornering grip, ride comfort and the steering became tighter by a small margin. Road noise was also considerably decreased.
4th gen. Honda City : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-6ad7ee68a6554cf38cf68017deb22bee.jpeg
4th gen. Honda City : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-955824dddb7149b194f1a11b1774c1f1.jpeg
4th gen. Honda City : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-11f175afb0594ae6aedd71c12a78f75b.jpeg
Excuse the dirty alloys(the car was due for periodic maintenance the very next day)
4th gen. Honda City : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-a6378eea4b7d4b1580d496444f64df3e.jpeg
Imo 195 or 205 section tyres should be the norm for the GM6 City as its always good to have a bit more rubber to tame this high revving Vtec!
JohaanTJ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 17:26   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All, Need your help!

I'm planning to get tires upgraded on my family car: 2015 City V MT petrol.

The car is hardly used: it's run 16K in 5.5 years (as of now). My parents hardly use the car as both me and my brother are away from home. Now we're relocating to Kerala and will be driving from Rajahmundry to Thrissur in our car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakv View Post
Id suggest stay away from the Triplemax - and if you can spend the 300-500 extra for XM2 just go for it. I have had no issues with it in the imperfect Mumbai roads since last year and love the softer & quieter ride it provides! Else, stick with the Alnacs.
Thanks Deepak for your advice !

Update:

We went on the stock tires (MRF ZVTV) to Thrissur and the tires had no problem at all!
But a freak mishap had me drive over a blunt piece of metal that was lying on the driveway of our house in Thrissur, leading to a bulge in one of the tires.

So I took the plunge, swapped all 4 tires to Bridgestone Turanza ER60 195/60 R15 (Michelins were not available anywhere)
Haven't driven a lot, but it seems the tire noise has gone away and the ride is a little bit stable. The steering feel has improved (feels a bit heavy).
I got mid December tires (week 50). I had an option for staying stock on B290 , but given the super low running of our car, decided to prioritise comfort and safety over longevity and fuel efficiency.

This thread helped me a lot in my long decision making. Thanks to all contributors!
govindremesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 10:15   #434
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohaanTJ View Post
Imo 195 or 205 section tyres should be the norm for the GM6 City as its always good to have a bit more rubber to tame this high revving Vtec!
Nice set of tyres and the right size. You can call me a freak, but it would be great see a black tyre valve cap instead of that green on. I understand you have filled nitrogen in tyres, hence the green cap, but still.
pavi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 12:26   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Nice set of tyres and the right size. You can call me a freak, but it would be great see a black tyre valve cap instead of that green on.
Thanks for the compliment and yes i agree with you on the black tyre valve part. The ones i had were not in good shape and was forced to go with these green ones the tyre shop had in stock. BTW i have already ordered new black ones.
JohaanTJ is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks