Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2020, 22:40   #46
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta: Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Since the roads you travel aren't fully paved, I'm not sure how the Michelin's would fare due to softer sidewall. If you feel they can survive the brunt, get them. Else you can look at Bridgestone Dueler HP Sport (this tyre came OEM for me from factory and has run 77,000 kms) or Yokohama's.
Thanks buddy. How has your experience been with the Bridgestones with regards to road noise and braking etc? They seem expensive but if good I will get them.

Btw, your thread on the Creta is a treasure chest of information. Thank you for sharing.
Amsdoc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2020, 22:49   #47
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsdoc View Post
Thanks, buddy. How has your experience been with the Bridgestones with regards to road noise and braking etc? They seem expensive but if good I will get them.
No complaints so far. Grip - no issues be it dry out wet. , Road noise was decent and low till about day 60,000 kms, post that it increased.

Overall the tyre is good, no complaints about what it offers but yes the price is on the higher side which I frankly didn't expect.

I'll be changing the tyres soon and have two options in my mind as they are priced similar - Yokohama BlueEarth AE50 or Michelin Primacy 4ST. Have to decide which one to get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsdoc View Post
Btw, your thread on the Creta is a treasure chest of information. Thank you for sharing.
Thank you, sir, for the appreciation.

Last edited by a4anurag : 2nd June 2020 at 22:50.
Old 6th June 2020, 21:59   #48

Hello all, the gist of this post is, the Michelins R16 are every bit worth the penny. Let me go ahead and give you the entire context, my stock good year tires on Creta 2016 model had run 50k and had lost everything from traction to cushioning and the had become noisy. Before lockdown I had decided on selling this car as tire change, clutch, suspension, AC would need atleast Rs 80 K in near future. This decision was scrapped after having read an excellent thread here, which clearly brought out the economic disadvantage of selling my car at 50k on the odo. Then came the crucial decision, the humble good year for 5500, Yokohama for 6500, Bridgestone for 6700 and Michelin for 7000. Some how I felt that since I am not giving myself a new car, might as well splurge on tires. Hence the decision was more emotional than rational.

Now onto the main story. That my vehicle suspension is already old, I was not sure what difference could new tires make. But I can tell you the ride quality and handling has improved by miles. And yes if you can spend a few extra bucks, the noise reduction in noticeable. The vehicle is leaning a bit on corners as it used to do when it was new. Remember Creta is one of the worst handlers out there. If a tire can help the cause, I believe they are worth it.

Last edited by Eddy : 7th June 2020 at 00:36. Reason: Spacing for better readability
utkarsha87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2020, 00:57   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Hello fellow BHPians,
My 2015 Creta VTVT is nearing it's 5 years now and was thinking of giving it a slight makeover & this thread https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ot-money.html\ further inspired me for the same. To begin with I am looking to upsize my stock 205/65/16 wheels to possibly a 225/55/17's. I have a few questions in this regards, and it would be great is you guys can help me answer them. Please note that this is the first time ever that any of our cars that we owned will be getting a wheel upsize. We generally used to stick to the OEM recommended ones only.

1. Will the upsize hamper my existing ride quality as there will be a decrease in the sidewall thickness?
2. What will the impact on my resale, say in another 3-4 years down the line; since generally buyers have apprehensions about aftermarket fitments (especially upsized wheels)
3. Since mine is a Petrol model and the current average I am drawing in mixed driving conditions is around 12-13 KMPL; will there be any significant drop in mileage?
4. Is the upsize good enough, since I am going for a +1 rim size which anyways is available in the SX(O) spec. The only concern here is the section width increase from 205 to 225.

It would really benefit me if you guys can throw some light on this and also provide some info on the tires to go for and the alloys alike.

Thanks!

Read this article. It explains plus sizes wheels and tires.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiret...e&gclsrc=aw.ds
TRAUMASURG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2020, 15:10   #50
BHPian

I might be looking at a tyre change after the bad experience (Review: Goodyear Assurance Triplemax Tyres) I had with the OEM GY Assurance Triplemax tyres that came with the car. I want to keep the original size of 205/65R16.

I travel less and my requirement will be tyre life, decent comfort and sufficient wet grip. What are my options?
Old 3rd August 2020, 15:15   #51
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACNWYTE View Post
I had with the OEM GY Assurance Triplemax tyres that came with the car. I want to keep the original size of 205/65R16.

I travel less and my requirement will be tyre life, decent comfort and sufficient wet grip. What are my options?
Look at Yokohama Earth-1. Should serve you well for long time. Being a Made for India tyre, should handle all the bad roads thrown at it without any issue.

Stay away from Goodyear and JK Tyre though.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 22:59   #52
BHPian

Folks my 2019 Creta 1.6 VTVT has 205/65 R16 alloys and Goodyear Assurance Triple Max tires currently. The car was just 4500 on odo when one of the tire had a tire bulge issue and was replaced.
After that I have driven around 3k and no issues so far but somehow I am not comfortable driving a set of tires which gave away in less than 5k.I have trust issues.
I have inquired about Conti UC6 and MC5 both are available at 6k/tire.
Michelin I have heard are good but due to some export restrictions sourcing them could be a challenge.
I can still source them but am worried that if there is any issue then getting them replaced might take a lot of time.

Below are my requirements:-
-Same profile 205/65 R16
-Running is mostly in city and occasional highway trips.
-Need something which is a fit it and forget it types along with a silent ride.

Suggestions welcomed.

Last edited by Artyom : 14th October 2020 at 23:07.
Old 18th October 2020, 01:42   #53
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post

Below are my requirements:-
-Same profile 205/65 R16
-Running is mostly in city and occasional highway trips.
-Need something which is a fit it and forget it types along with a silent ride.

Suggestions welcomed.
My Creta has done approx 40k kms on the stock GY Assurance and has served me well so far. Planning to change to a new set of tyres soon, my shortlisted options are:

- Conti MC5
- Michelin P4ST
- Yoko Bluearth
Old 18th October 2020, 02:23   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker View Post
My Creta has done approx 40k kms on the stock GY Assurance and has served me well so far. Planning to change to a new set of tyres soon, my shortlisted options are:

- Conti MC5
- Michelin P4ST
- Yoko Bluearth
I guess Blue Earth series is being discontinued. I read it on the Yokohama thread on the forum which leaves us only with Conto MC5,P4ST,Earth 1.
I came to know from dealer that UC6 and MC5 are both same but UC6 will last more.Strangely no one on the forum is using UC6.
Artyom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 12:32   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I'll be changing the tyres soon and have two options in my mind as they are priced similar - Yokohama BlueEarth AE50 or Michelin Primacy 4ST. Have to decide which one to get.
Hello a4anurag ,

Did you change the tyres? I am planning to change my Cretas tyres and was considering the same options. Wanted to know your feedback.

Last edited by ajmat : 26th December 2020 at 12:30.
Old 26th December 2020, 12:04   #56
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy.camper View Post
Did you change the tyres? I am planning to change my Creatas tyres and was considering the same options. Wanted to know your feedback.
Hello sir,

I have changed the tyres on my Creta to Yokohama Earth-1 (215/60 R17).

Paid ₹8,100 per tyre. Here's the link to all the details.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2020, 22:35   #57
BHPian

I have changed to Continental Crosscontact LX2 (215/60/17) and I have been very pleased. They have been excellent so far on road and light offroad. No change in milage or maybe minimal increase but road noise seems less and definitely better for light offroad than the Goodyear Assurance that I had on before. I have done about 2k km. No complaints. Just another option. Earlier you have only Bridgestone Dueller and Yoko as options in this size apart from the Goodyear in the reasonable price category. This costs around 9k per tyre
Old 27th February 2021, 13:20   #58

Hi Folks,

Planning to buy new set of tyres for my first batch Creta 1.6 Diesel SX(O).
2 sets of Bridgestone Duelers have done their job reasonably well, true to reputation.

Am considering upgrading from 215/60 R17 to 225/55 R17 and this time prefer to move to Yokohama BluEarth-GT AE51 recently launched made in India tyres.

Any user on this forum has had any experience of these tyres or would like to suggest otherwise/options? All views welcome.

Any pros/cons of different tyre size or pros/cons of Yokohama tyres would be most welcome.
Old 10th July 2021, 16:58   #59
BHPian

I have a Creta 2016 SX+ Diesel AT - original thread is here (Review: Hyundai Creta (1st-gen)).

The car came with Bridgestone Dueller tires. Completed 45K+ and they were drying out - lack of use during Coronial times.

I could have pushed them for another 2-3K Kms, but it had reached a point where we started ruling Creta out for out-of-city sojourns.

Got the tires changed to Pirelli P7 - double up-sized.

Original 215/60 R17

Upgraded to 235/55 R17

Hyundai Creta: Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-imageshare-20210710-5032.png

Tire upgrade calculation recommendation was in line with less than 2% error; in fact, only a 0.07% error in this case.

I will monitor fuel efficiency over a couple of tank-fulls to see the impact; have gotten 12 Kmpl with Diesel AT (1.6 CRDi) in the city over the past 5 years.
Old 27th August 2021, 17:05   #60
BHPian

Hi All,
Previous generation Creta SX+ petrol MT. (OEM tyre Goodyear 205/65R 16). Looking to replace all 4. 90% city usage. I have two questions.

1. Does the new tyre have to be of the same spec ? I mean 205/65R 16.
2. Any recommendation? Is it worth going for Goodyear again?

Thanks in advance.
(@Mods. I posted it in the goodyear thread by mistake. Meant to post here. I dont see an option to delete it from there)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks