Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2021, 20:23   #76
BHPian

Re: BluEarth AE-50 tyres listed on Yokohama's website

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPhobos View Post
So finally, I forked out Rs. 18,206 for a brand spanking new set of Yokohama BluEarth GT AE51 tyres but I am 'Lovin' It!' If you ask me, it was worth every Rupee! The ride has become so silent and comfortable! I will post my thoughts on these tyres after I used them a bit more. Thank you for reading!

Oh and one more thing! For people who didn’t already know; Yokohama gives 5 years warranty and 18 months unconditional warranty on it’s tyres.
Thanks for your review! As of now yours is the only first hand experience of Blue Earth GT on the internet that I could find. I myself am getting a set of four (185/65R15) for my Baleno. Replacing my 5 year old MRF ZVTV. The GT seems to be new tyres and fit quite well within the budget.
The dealer did not have 4 pieces today else my car would have gotten those today itself. But looking forward to them now.
puneetakhouri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 23:14   #77
BHPian

I got new tyres (Yokohoma Bluearth GT AE51, 185/60 R15, Jan/Feb 2021 batch) for my Zest which turns 5-years old tomorrow. ODO is 47965kms.
Replaced all 5 OEM tyres (Bridgestone B250, 185/60 R15) which were getting quite noisy off late.
Total cost: Rs.25000. Included 5 new valves, wheel alignment and balancing.
Place: Sai Iyengar Tyres, Indiranagar Double Road, Bangalore.

Last edited by srvm : 25th February 2021 at 23:21.
srvm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2021, 20:50   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneetakhouri View Post
Thanks for your review! As of now yours is the only first hand experience of Blue Earth GT on the internet that I could find. I myself am getting a set of four (185/65R15) for my Baleno. Replacing my 5 year old MRF ZVTV. The GT seems to be new tyres and fit quite well within the budget.
The dealer did not have 4 pieces today else my car would have gotten those today itself. But looking forward to them now.
Hi Puneet, how are your BluEarth’s holding up? Do you mind sharing you experience with these rubbers please?
Old 15th April 2021, 23:29   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Hi Puneet, how are your BluEarth’s holding up? Do you mind sharing you experience with these rubbers please?
Hey, yeah sure. Although owing to work from home and the new lockdowns that have been put in place, I haven't had the chance to drive much and have done around 600-700 kms and that too mainly in the city itself. It is too early to tell but here are my observations, also just to add, I was running 60k kms done stock MRF ZVTV 15" on my Baleno Delta earlier.
  • Immediate difference in road noise. It has quitened down a lot and I really mean a lot.
  • No change in ride quality whatsoever, these tyres have not made the ride any cushier or smoother, it is just the way it was with the MRFs
  • No change in fuel efficiency either, I usually do around 500 - 550kms on a tankful in the car and even now the numbers are pretty close. I got my last fuel efficiency of 15.79kmpl (tankful to tankful) within city with these tyres whereas before lockdown and on my old tyre I usually get around 15.4-15.7kmpl
  • I can definitely feel some good weight on the steering. So there is a flyover in Mumbai which has a gentle turn of 90 degrees and when I take it at around 60kmph with these tyres, you can feel a nice weight on the wheels which is otherwise pretty absent. Still no feedback.
  • Grip levels seem to be good although I have not had the need to do some hard braking recently plus we haven't had monsoons yet so maybe after the monsoons I could say something.
  • One peculiar thing that I have noticed is that I have my portable Amazons basic tyre inflator which I use to top up my tyre pressure and I always ensured that I kept it at the company specified levels of 29psi in all fours. The tyre inflator needs to be attached to the nozzle, set the desired pressure and start it, and once the pressure reaches, the compressor stops and then you can take the inflator out. However, now on these tyres + nozzles, what is happening is that once the compressor shows that the desired temperature is reached, I can see on the display that the pressure seems to be constantly dropping and I don't know why. Maybe it is the new nozzles that are the culprit or something is wrong with my inflator.
puneetakhouri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2021, 20:07   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneetakhouri View Post
Hey, yeah sure. Although owing to work from home and the new lockdowns that have been put in place, I haven't had the chance to drive much and have done around 600-700 kms and that too mainly in the city itself. It is too early to tell but here are my observations, also just to add, I was running 60k kms done stock MRF ZVTV 15" on my Baleno Delta earlier.
Thanks for your detailed review on the tires Puneet, much appreciated!

I am a bit surprised about the ride quality which didn’t quite improve post the change. The MRF ZVTV’s are usually hard compound tires which evenly get really hard with the usage. On the other hand, the Blue Earth’s are soft compound, so I was expecting that the ride quality should improve by a good margin.
Did you upsize the tires by any chance, which lead to the reduction in the sidewall?

I am just confused between the Blue Earth AE-51 & the Continental UC6. The UC6’s have got some seriously good reviews on the other thread. However, they are approx. 400 INR pricier than the Yoko’s.

AE-51: 5100-5200/-
UC6: 5500-5600/-
ashvek3141 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th April 2021, 23:31   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
I am just confused between the Blue Earth AE-51 & the Continental UC6. The UC6’s have got some seriously good reviews on the other thread
My understanding is that UC6 is very good set of tyres for a sedan and are lot stickier than the AE-51s. Hence if you are looking for tyres for a sedan that you plan to throw around corners, then the UC6 make complete sense, but if you looking for a good set of tyres with a good balance of grip, comfort and slightly longer life, the AE-51s are your best bet as of now.

Last edited by procrj : 16th April 2021 at 23:33.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2021, 16:05   #82
BHPian

Looking to swap Altroz stock tyres straight when I get the delivery with something better, enquired the local shops, they seem to have Yokohama BluEarth for Rs.7500 each, size 195/55 R16 (dont know which model), and no Michelins and Continentals due to lockdowns.

What do you suggest?
Old 14th June 2021, 17:08   #83
BHPian

Looking for Yokohama tires for C 220 (2015 model). The dealer on phone quoted Rs. 10,300 for Yokohama Bluearth. Just wanted to know which model do I have to go in for? The car is mostly driven in Punjab where we have extreme summers as well as extreme winters. Also, the average run is around 5000-6000 km every year. So, a lot of time the car is idle in the garage. Thanks in advance.
Old 19th June 2021, 14:49   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sameer016 View Post
Yokohama BluEarth for Rs.7500 each, size 195/55 R16
Did you get your car delivered? Did you do any tyre replacements? I believe you mentioned you booked XZ diesel. It comes with 185/60R16. 195/55R16 would have slightly lesser side profile, making the ride stiffer than usual.

I am on the same boat. When I went to the tyre dealer right after delivery, they offered dirt cheap price for the current good year triplemax 2. So, I decided I would use it for for 25-30k km(15k done now) and then switch. I have decided to upgrade to 195/60R16 for better grip and better comfort. I wanted to go with MRF perfinza, but that comes only in 205/55R16, which I didn't want since it affects handling and there isn't much of a side profile improvement. So it is yokohama bluearth GT AE51 now. But is it available in 195/60R16 is what I would like to now.
Old 19th June 2021, 15:19   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
..... I have decided to upgrade to 195/60R16 for better grip and better comfort. I wanted to go with MRF perfinza, but that comes only in 205/55R16, which I didn't want since it affects handling and there isn't much of a side profile improvement. So it is yokohama bluearth GT AE51 now. But is it available in 195/60R16 is what I would like to now.
Yes, 195/60 R16 is available in Yokohama Bluearth GT AE51. You can find it in their India website.

I got new tyres Yokohoma Bluearth GT AE51, 185/60 R15, Jan/Feb 2021 batch for my Zest on 25th Feb 2021.
Replaced all 5 OEM tyres (Bridgestone B250, 185/60 R15) which were getting quite noisy (5 years & 47000 kms old).
Total cost: Rs.25000. Included 5 new valves, wheel alignment and balancing.
This may give you an idea of the cost whenever you choose to replace OEM tyres.
srvm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2021, 18:08   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
Did you get your car delivered? Did you do any tyre replacements? I believe you mentioned you booked XZ diesel. It comes with 185/60R16. 195/55R16 would have slightly lesser side profile, making the ride stiffer than usual.

I am on the same boat. When I went to the tyre dealer right after delivery, they offered dirt cheap price for the current good year triplemax 2. So, I decided I would use it for for 25-30k km(15k done now) and then switch. I have decided to upgrade to 195/60R16 for better grip and better comfort. I wanted to go with MRF perfinza, but that comes only in 205/55R16, which I didn't want since it affects handling and there isn't much of a side profile improvement. So it is yokohama bluearth GT AE51 now. But is it available in 195/60R16 is what I would like to now.
Exactly my point, it simply didnt made any sense to trade for such low prices. Hence I too decided to swap sometime in future, with something better than Yokohama, say with Michelin or Continental. And yes it is available in 195/60.
Old 26th June 2021, 18:33   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Upgrade the tyres of my XL6 from Bridgestone Ecopia 185/65R15 to Yoko BlueEarth GT AE51 195/65R15.

BluEarth AE-50 tyres listed on Yokohama's website-t1.jpg

I had planned for this even before I got my car and had arranged for a yoko dealer near my place to stock up the tyres. He managed to get 2021 stock and it was a quick swap for all 5 wheels. Replaced valves with the Manatec TPMS sensors and now the car is all set for for some long drives After exchanging the new Ecopias, ended up paying 10K for 5 new AE51s.

BluEarth AE-50 tyres listed on Yokohama's website-t2.jpg
procrj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 13:53   #88
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

My 2015 Punto Evo Active 1.3 Multijet which has run 31k km, had offlate developed a wobble in the steering at low speeds, the car was running on stock Goodyear 165/80/R14 tires which were now six years old. I had anticipated that tire issues might come up post the fifth year mark and the two tire stores I visited confirmed that the tires had become hard/ had developed cracks as well and the wobble was the sign of the same. I was advised to change the tires and was also told that prices would increase by 5% from the first of July 2021.

I always wanted to get better tires since I bought the car, my friend who owns a Top model Punto and the Abarth I drove both had better steering feel than my car and I always attributed this to better and probably wider tires than the ones on mine.

I saw what was available in the market and zeroed in on Yokohama bluearth ae 51, I choose to upsize to 185/70/R14, lost a bit of height but got a wider tire.

Price - 4400 per tire post discount of 100 rupees on each and free tire valves and weights. Total - 17600. Tire Store: Chandrika Tires, Nigdi Bhosari Road, PCMC Pune.

Post the change, I can say I am glad I choose this tire, very happy with the ride, super silent tires, better stance and the steering is back to being awesome something which I was missing since the past couple of months, almost didn't feel like driving the car (anyhow couldn't drive much because of covid).

My decision was helped/influenced greatly by this thread, thank you everyone for your contribution.
Williams_f1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 19:54   #89
BHPian

I went and bought another set of Yokohama BluEarth GT AE51 tyres, but this time for my personal car, a Maruti Suzuki Ritz, in the OEM size of 185/70 R14. I really like the tyres for their supple and smooth ride quality. On my mother’s Honda Jazz I had found them a big upgrade over the old and hard Bridgestone B250 tyres.

The price of tyres is going up like everything else now-a-days. I had taken a quotation for these tyres in my car’s tyre size, back in December 2020, when I had gone to get the Jazz’s tyres changed. Back then Ashok Motors, Sector 16, Noida had quoted me ₹4,350 per tyre, equalling ₹17,400 for a set of 4. On 30th June, 2021 when I purchased tyres for my car, the dealer charged me ₹4,400 per tyre, equalling 17,600 for a set of 4 tyres. Another item that saw a price increase was the Triton branded valves, that costed me ₹100 per valve back in December 2020, but were now retailing for ₹150 per valve.

The dealer offered me only ₹400 for my used Yokohama DB Decibel ES501 tyres because they were “made in Japan”. He gave me a cock and bull reason about imported tyres costing less than the tyres manufactured in our country. I would appreciate if one of the members of our community could shed some light on this topic and tell me if holds any water.

Total damage was ₹17,600 for the 4 tyres and ₹600 for the Triton valves = ₹18,200 including GST, wheel alignment and balancing.
Old 17th July 2021, 18:44   #90
BHPian

Upgraded the tyres of my Honda City from Michelin Primacy 3st 195/60 R15 to Yokohoma BluEarth-GT AE51 195/65 R15.

BluEarth AE-50 tyres listed on Yokohama's website-honda-city-5.jpeg

BluEarth AE-50 tyres listed on Yokohama's website-yokohoma-ae51-1.jpeg

BluEarth AE-50 tyres listed on Yokohama's website-yokohoma-ae51-4.jpeg

BluEarth AE-50 tyres listed on Yokohama's website-yokohoma-ae51-5.jpeg
jeygani is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks