Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2007, 21:45   #31
Team-BHP Support

Hey Wasavatyres could you pm me the number of bangalore distributor for the yokos as well.
Old 15th January 2007, 11:45   #32
BHPian

I have booked Swift and would be getting delivery around 25-Jan-07. After going through this thread i am convinced that 195/60/R15 is the best upsize.

I have 1 question. Mandovi wont offer 15 inch alloys/tyres, so i have to go to a outside vendor. How do i manage this? The tyre shops dont keep alloys, and the alloy shops dont keep tyres. Even a few i have seen keeping both alloys and tyres, charge more, i think because many people like me doesnt know how to get to change the alloys/tyres.

wasava, vid and mc, can you please help me in getting an idea of how to go about changing the tires/alloys? I would take dleivery and directly go to the vendor to get these changed. Also what is the approx. exchange price i can expect from the OE tyres? 165/80R14?

Please share your experiences, prices you were offered and the dealer names and addresses. I would be highly obliged. You can PM me. Thanks
Old 15th January 2007, 12:06   #33
Team-BHP Support

hyper-vtec which model have swift have you booked. As you can see the 15" wheels did pose a few problems here.
For the swift the ZXi tyres of 185/70-14 are a good choice. If you want to go bigger than this the 195-65-14 is a perfect upsize.
15" will give a harsher ride and as you can see the tyres are hard to find.
Bridgestone does not have the size in 15" but is available for 14".
Old 15th January 2007, 12:48   #34
BHPian

vid, i have booked VXi with ABS. Yes, about the size i am still confused. 1. The suspension warranty would go for a toss if i put in 15". But i am ready to do away with it. But would 15" 195/60R15, take my tooth fillings out? I drive mostly alone or with my wife during weekends, or when i go outstation. I mean i would rarely drive with people in the back. Confused :-(
Old 15th January 2007, 13:23   #35
Senior - BHPian

15" in the Swift with 195/60 R15 works fine & the ride is not that hard. I suggest since you like them you cna go in for them & if you're pally with your dealer then he would honour the suspension warranty.

As for fitting the tyres/alloys the simplest solution is get one of the old-time Bangy members to help you out. I would normally like to stick to one shop for both tyres & alloys since then you have to deal with one person. Going to two dealers could also result in a situation where they would blame each other if your tyres/alloys had any problems, hence this situation is best avoided.
Old 15th January 2007, 14:00   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

iraghava - Mayank has got the fitting done couple of days back - Michelin Primacy and Lenso 195/60 R15.

Mayank - I think some pictures and your experience are in order.
Old 15th January 2007, 14:49   #37
BHPian

Thanks ishaan, i would try to do that,

Bangy boys, please help!
Old 15th January 2007, 16:25   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
iraghava - Mayank has got the fitting done couple of days back - Michelin Primacy and Lenso 195/60 R15.
Good to hear that, congrats Mayank!!

Mag - my answer above was meant for Hyper-VTEC's query!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Mayank - I think some pictures and your experience are in order.
Yes definetely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
Bangy boys, please help!
Mag/Mayank - Could you help him out?
Old 15th January 2007, 16:37   #39
BHPian

Thanks Ishaan. Mag/Mayank...you must all be very busy...but if you could help me with approx. prices and dependable dealers/contact information, i would be obliged. I am looking at 195/60R15 Yoko ES100 or Bridgestone G III. And decent looking 15 inch allloys, nothing Bling :-). Please PM me the shops. I stay near RT Ngr. and my office is on MG Rd.

I read somewhere that Shiva's near Ramaiah has a decent stock of alloys and he is also the distributor for Bridgestone. Any other places i should visit?

Last edited by hyper-VTEC : 15th January 2007 at 16:39.
Old 16th January 2007, 11:09   #40
BHPian

Sorry guys.. been guilty of not updating the folks on my fitment but have been held up (doing nothing much really ) for the last couple of days...

I will put some pics up soon enough... looking for the right time of day and a good spot to get some good photos out..

As for the fitment, here was my final selection:
1. 15" Lenso STA alloys (7 spoke) (@18250 for a set of 5 + studs + nozzle. I would like to point out here that all other places I visited were quoting 19,500 only for the wheels with the fitment charges being extra)
2. Michelin Pilot Primacy 195/60/15 (@4200/- per tyre. Pitstop got these for me as well)
3. Lumar tints - Platinum Series Neutral 35 (@5k)

Sold my original rims/tyres/caps for 700/- each (they had completed 1400kms .. could have squeezed out a 100/- more but then decided to, well, let it go)
Shop: Pit stop opposite Lifestyle (for alloys + tyres)
Tyre fitment and balancing: Madhu's - (Rs. 750)

After all the bargaining etc. the entire deal set me back by Rs.41,500/-
I have only a teeny weeny bit of disappointment with the tints. I wanted them to be slightly reflective and not very dark. I did get the reflective quality but I just feel they are not dark enough.
Old 16th January 2007, 12:19   #41
BHPian

In point 1 i meant only the alloys were 18250.. paid extra for studs and nozzle. (Don't think it quite came out that way)..
Old 16th January 2007, 12:26   #42
BHPian

Quote:
I am looking at 195/60R15 Yoko ES100 or Bridgestone G III.
As you would have seen through my posts, the michelin primacy are the only tyres in 195/60/15 that are available as on date in Bangalore..
Old 16th January 2007, 12:51   #43
BHPian

Mayank, Thanks for the prices...Waiting to see the snaps. One thing, can i expect around Rs.1200/tyre,rim,wheel caps (of VXi) if i change them within 50-75 Kms? Also did you look for any other brand of tyres like Potenza GIIIs or Yoko ES100? What were the prices quotes for these? I think the Michelin Primacy are a bit on the expensive side for me. Last question, howz the ride? Since you had driven with your OEM tyres, is the comfort level compromised a lot? I am sure handling and cornering has improved manifold.
Old 16th January 2007, 13:22   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Mayank View Post
As you would have seen through my posts, the michelin primacy are the only tyres in 195/60/15 that are available as on date in Bangalore..
But i have seen 2 Swifts in my neighbourhood with 195/60/R15 Yoko ES100. I would check the cars again today.
Old 16th January 2007, 14:03   #45
BHPian

Quote:
But i have seen 2 Swifts in my neighbourhood with 195/60/R15 Yoko ES100. I would check the cars again today.
All the more reason you shouldn't be looking for yoko's to make it a happy 3some

Nah just kidding.. the ES100 quote was 3.8 per tyre that I got from touqueer but he din't have the tyres either wen i asked him a second time....the pit stop guy had connected me directly to the Yoko distributor in bangalore and the availability was only with 205/60. He did say that a container was expected to be cleared by the end of the month so check again in 7-10 days...

the GIIIs quote from Toqueer was 5k per tyre - Vid might be able to help you with a bridgestone contact though..

Michelin's are known for their longetivity and quality.. The XM1 have a silica based coating that reduces the rolling resistance of the tyre thus improving FE.. or so they claim.. so you might want to check out the XMs as well although these are also not available in your size.
The primacy had similar properties to the XMs so I went with them....
But then again.. I really din't know much about tyres till 4-5 days back and that's when I got all the names from iRaghave here.. so you might want to look at all brands that were mentioned in this thread..

As for the ride quality - it is definitely harsher.. but I guess one would get used to it.. haven't had the chance to experience cornering/handling too much till now

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks