Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2007, 13:17   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchy_99 View Post
how much increase in overall diameter of a cars tyres are permissable. If i upgrade my stock 175/65s to 205/60s then im facong an increase of 20 mm will this cause any problems
205/60 has a very high probability of touching the wheel arch. Would not recommend it.
Old 7th February 2007, 13:54   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
205/60 has a very high probability of touching the wheel arch. Would not recommend it.
In most cases yes this is true but not all. What car is it anyways?
Old 7th February 2007, 14:04   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Do you get a 185/55 R15 size? I think 185 is ideal for the Swift.
yes this might be the ideal size for the swift..my cousin changed the tyres on the day of delivery of the car.. at car sringar he was offered 900 for each tyre...we were also looking for the G III which was not available...in my personal opinion i think the 195/50/15 is not correct it will be a little popped out if you see it from the sides of the car...is it true that 15" wont fit in the boot this is why we went for the goodyear DUCARO GA 185/70/14 on a technical level this up size is correct unless you want to go for alloys...the downside of this tyre is it doesn't perform well in the wet other than thatits pretty good
Old 7th February 2007, 14:46   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
yes this might be the ideal size for the swift..my cousin changed the tyres on the day of delivery of the car.. at car sringar he was offered 900 for each tyre...we were also looking for the G III which was not available...in my personal opinion i think the 195/50/15 is not correct it will be a little popped out if you see it from the sides of the car...is it true that 15" wont fit in the boot this is why we went for the goodyear DUCARO GA 185/70/14 on a technical level this up size is correct unless you want to go for alloys...the downside of this tyre is it doesn't perform well in the wet other than thatits pretty good

Hi Chetan,

I own 2005 Swift Vxi and have recently upgraded my rims and tyres. The ideal upgrade for the Swift is 195/60/R15. No, it is not true that the 15" wheel won't fit in the boot as mine does. I myself was all out the G III but was not getting the size (195/60/R15) i wanted and was offered 205/55/R15. Besides, the G IIIs were costing me a whooping Rs 4500/- per tyre. I then came across the Goodyear Eagle F1. I got the size i wanted, the tyres look awesome with the 'V' tread pattern, cost me Rs 3200/- per tyre and most importantly offer excellent grip. Still have to test them in wet conditions but have a feeling i will not be disappointed. I would also like to add that i have noticed an increase in fuel efficency from the vehicle.

Epic
Old 9th February 2007, 08:16   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
size (195/60/R15), the Goodyear Eagle F1.

I would also like to add that i have noticed an increase in fuel efficency from the vehicle.
Thats interesting! Before/After mileage figures please?
Old 9th February 2007, 09:01   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Thats interesting! Before/After mileage figures please?

Hi,

Before is was getting approximately 12 kms/litre. Now its around a kilometer more.

Epic
Old 12th February 2007, 08:34   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Before is was getting approximately 12 kms/litre. Now its around a kilometer more.
Thats good to hear!! In the case of the swift though, driving style plays a huge role in mileage figures. I guess your not very rev-happy, which is a difficult thing consider the nature of the swift
Old 13th February 2007, 09:42   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Thats good to hear!! In the case of the swift though, driving style plays a huge role in mileage figures. I guess your not very rev-happy, which is a difficult thing consider the nature of the swift

Hi Souljah,

No im not rev-happy at all and driving in a city like Mumbai, one can't be rev-happy even if he wanted to.

Epic
Old 13th February 2007, 15:29   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Yes it will touch n cause problems....

I think Anarchist(tbhpian from bangalore) here has those in his Swift n not very happy.....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks