Old 10th February 2013, 20:43   #676
BHPian

re: Tata Safari : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

post # 125
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3037717
Old 17th February 2013, 09:47   #677
BHPian

Guys need help little urgent, I have just purchased a Safari Dicor LX its come with Bridgestone tires.
I got a offer of exchanging the Bridgestone to Michelin Cross Latitude for extra of 1800 per tyre.

My question is is it advisable to change the tires, will this void warranty etc.
How good are the Michelin over Bridgestone, does the Michelin justify the extra money.

I have ruled out the Yokohama as I have read mixed reviews.
My usage will be on the broken roads of western ghats, highways and on Bangalore roads.

Thank you,
Old 17th February 2013, 10:03   #678
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindmanju View Post
Guys need help little urgent, I have just purchased a Safari Dicor LX its come with Bridgestone tires.
I got a offer of exchanging the Bridgestone to Michelin Cross Latitude for extra of 1800 per tyre.

My question is is it advisable to change the tires, will this void warranty etc.
How good are the Michelin over Bridgestone, does the Michelin justify the extra money.

Thank you,
I have latitude cross and i am very happy. LC is very silent and very grippy.
I also had used Bridgestone. They too are good but noisy on highways. I changed it at 50k , there was enough juice left for another 20k.

IMO 1800/- is on higher side. Try to close around 1500 or less. Try multiple shops for Quote.
v&v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2013, 13:27   #679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you change tyres to the OE specifications, the warranty will not be affected, Michelins are any day better than the OE Bridgestones in terms of better ride quality and grip. BTW, where did you get a quote of 1800/- per tyre from?
Lukeskywalker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2013, 22:01   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post

If you change tyres to the OE specifications, the warranty will not be affected, Michelins are any day better than the OE Bridgestones in terms of better ride quality and grip. BTW, where did you get a quote of 1800/- per tyre from?
Thanks Sir,
I want to stick to the OE spec of 235/70. I got this quote from Sai Iyengar tyres indiranagar. Is it a good deal?
Old 23rd February 2013, 01:16   #681
BHPian

Guys,

Need a quick favour from the experts. I am picking up my storme on Sunday and am keen to change the tires but intend keeping the stock size of 235/70/16. I am confused between the Michellin Cross Latitudes and the Continental Contacts. My driving will 80% city roads and 20% highways. I will be running on the stock allows which I am purchasing from Concorde motors. Am open to other brand suggestions also. Also, how much do you think I should pay extra after the exchange? Some quick responses will be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 23rd February 2013, 08:59   #682
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Need a quick favour from the experts. I am picking up my storme on Sunday and am keen to change the tires but intend keeping the stock size of 235/70/16. I am confused between the Michellin Cross Latitudes and the Continental Contacts. My driving will 80% city roads and 20% highways. I will be running on the stock allows which I am purchasing from Concorde motors. Am open to other brand suggestions also. Also, how much do you think I should pay extra after the exchange? Some quick responses will be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Congratulations on the Storme, from your driving description, the Bridgestones should suit you fine, but if you still want to change, I'd recommend the Michelin Latitude Cross as it is more silent and will offer better ride comfort. Here in Bangalore, the exchange price being quoted is between 1800-2000 per tyre.
Old 23rd February 2013, 10:07   #683
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Even is second Lukesky. You will not find much of difference in city drives. There is a major improvement in grip and reduction in noise level on highways (Higher speeds).

Since you have 80% city drive , stock Bridgestones should serve you well. Mine lasted for 52k with more than 40% thread intact when i switched to Michellin LC. I got a good buyback rate and discount too.
Old 23rd February 2013, 12:02   #684
BHPian

Guys, thanks for your comments. My friend has just changed his storme stock tires to continentals and has found tremendous difference in the behaviour of his beast. Also when I compared them to the stock tires, they felt muscular in the same size and am very tempted to go for the same. Please suggest if this will cause any problems? Thanks.
Old 23rd February 2013, 15:57   #685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by storme'd View Post
Guys, thanks for your comments. My friend has just changed his storme stock tires to continentals and has found tremendous difference in the behaviour of his beast. Also when I compared them to the stock tires, they felt muscular in the same size and am very tempted to go for the same. Please suggest if this will cause any problems? Thanks.
Continental Cross Contact has a very aggressive tread design, hence the "muscular" look, it is noisier than Michelins, but a good AT tyre in my opinion, the Latitude cross has a more highway kind if tread and is definitely more grippier and less noisy.
Old 24th February 2013, 13:16   #686
BHPian

The exchange rate for Michellin is around 1800 per tire while it is close to 1500 for geolanders. Some of my fiends using safari are telling me that Geolanders are quite good though reports on tbhp say otherwise. Any advice on this.
Old 24th February 2013, 13:57   #687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The exchange rate for Michellin is around 1800 per tire while it is close to 1500 for geolanders. Some of my fiends using safari are telling me that Geolanders are quite good though reports on tbhp say otherwise. Any advice on this.
Geolandars are good and complete value for money, it's just that I am partial to Michelins.
Old 24th February 2013, 15:16   #688
BHPian

Quote:
For Yokohama I got the quote of 900 INR exchange at Sai Tires Indiranagar.
Old 27th February 2013, 09:53   #689
BHPian

Finally changed to Michellin LT's yesterday. Tia manners have improve multifold and loved the drive. Thanks for your suggestions guys.
Old 27th February 2013, 19:23   #690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally changed to Michellin LT's yesterday. Tia manners have improve multifold and loved the drive. Thanks for your suggestions guys.
LTs as in LTX? or Latitude Cross? If you got LTX, could you kindly share the details?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks