Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2011, 20:00   #466
BHPian

Re: Michelin XM1+

Maybe slightly OT here, but it's about Michelin tyres :

Michelin today said it will raise the prices of its entire range of products in the country by up to 12 per cent with effect from April 1, 2011.

Quote from:

Michelin hikes tyre prices by up to 12%
Old 1st March 2011, 21:01   #467

Hi - I got a set of 4 Michelin XM1+ (size 175/65/R14) for Rs. 16,600 and the authorized dealer informed me that the original invoice is sufficient for warranty claims. There was no warranty card available with him either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Recently bought XM1+ and the dealer told that there are no warranty cards supplied with the tyres. Only the bill is enough and the dealer was an authorized Michelin dealer.
Old 3rd March 2011, 08:56   #468
BHPian

Hi Guys,

It is slightly off topic, but since the thread is about tyres, I wanted to know how good/bad are Continental CPC2 185/70 R13.

I bought 4 of them yest for my Palio for a price of 3950 per tyre. There is a lot of change in the ride quality and the grip levels.

I just want to know whether the price is ok and if the tyres are good enough to last 40-50k (assuming tyres are taken care of).

I wanted to go in for Michelin's XM1+ as I have them on my FIGO as well (price quoted : 4000), but Mr Harpreet at Universal Tyre house insisted I try Contis this time around.
Old 3rd March 2011, 14:49   #469
Senior - BHPian

Continental is a decent company. Even if you take care of your tyres, it is advisable to change after 40-50K or 4-5 years. So just drive and forget about the rest (apart from alignment and rotation every 5-10K).

I cannot comment on the price. If you are happy with the tyres, don't perceive how other tyre brands could've worked for you and enjoy the drive.

Xm1+ have been having lots of complaints lately on the forum and amongs people I have talked to in Ahmedabad.
Old 4th March 2011, 12:49   #470
BHPian

What kind of complaints? I am curious because my 3 year old XM1+s are nearing the end of their life and I was considering replacing them with more XM1+s.
Old 4th March 2011, 13:06   #471
Senior - BHPian

Please read the previous pages on this thread. Also prices are going exorbitantly high.

I am considering Apollo, Pirelli or Yokohama as my next purchase depending on size availability.
Old 15th March 2011, 22:28   #472
BHPian

Just bought 4 Michelin XM1+ from Reliance Autozone. Cost Rs. 4350 each. Size 185/70/R13. They took back the old 165/80/R13 tyers for Rs. 600. Balancing and fitment free. Also included were nice-looking valves for the tubeless, a cut higher than the ordinary black ones.

Reliance as well as another dealer "Wheels" told me that prices are going to go up. Wheels owner told me that prices of Michelin is going up by 8% and that of Bridgestone by 4% or so by tomorrow itself.
Old 16th March 2011, 15:32   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejhoom View Post
Just bought 4 Michelin XM1+ from Reliance Autozone. Cost Rs. 4350 each. Size 185/70/R13. They took back the old 165/80/R13 tyers for Rs. 600. Balancing and fitment free. Also included were nice-looking valves for the tubeless, a cut higher than the ordinary black ones.

Reliance as well as another dealer "Wheels" told me that prices are going to go up. Wheels owner told me that prices of Michelin is going up by 8% and that of Bridgestone by 4% or so by tomorrow itself.
Aren't the price hikes are supposed to be from Apr 1st?
Old 16th March 2011, 18:47   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by askids View Post
Aren't the price hikes are supposed to be from Apr 1st?
A little background story will clear the picture. I visited the Reliance Autozone to buy one tyre pressure meter since I have to do some long distance drives soon. They didn't have any decent one. While chatting up, the sales guy looked at my tyres and commented that the Good Year GPS on my Palio SDX (OE, done nearly 40K) have very little life left. He mentioned that the tyre prices are set to rise. When I asked him the price for Michelin XM1+, he quoted Rs 4350 with balancing and good-looking valves. He also offered to buy back 4 tyres for Rs 600. I thought to cross check the price. Drove to "Wheels" and the guy there quoted Rs 4300 with nothing extra. My tyres will be scrap, according to him. He then mentioned that the prices are set to be increased on the following day. The percentage I mentioned was stated by him.
Went back to Reliance and changed the tyres. Today morning, I noticed that one of the tyres was only XM and that too manufactured in 2008. During lunch went back to the shop and asked them to replace. The guys made calls and told me that there is no stock right now and that since the prices are about to go up, they have to wait for the new stock! I asked them to keep the tyre with them and drove off with the old spare wheel.
To the best of my knowledge, there is not price hike on today. Probably it will be soon.
Old 17th March 2011, 14:06   #475
BHPian

Obviously, XM1+ is on the short side of supply :( I got the set of 4 on Mar 3rd and I am still waiting for the 5th one, though I have already made the payment. Hopefully, they wont ask me to pay the difference! I am hoping that there is no puncture till then as my spare is of different size 175/65(spare) - 185/65(remaining 4).
Old 17th March 2011, 21:14   #476
Senior - BHPian

Hey All, i changed the tyres on my Ford Ikon today to XM1+. Set of 4 costed 15000/- from Carnation, ORR, Bangalore. Got the stock size 175/70/R13. The sales guy told me that from 20th Michelin is jacking up prices by 6%.

Drove about 5/10kms after the change and improvement in comfort and noise over MRF ZVTS is fairly remarkable .
Old 29th April 2011, 12:12   #477
Senior - BHPian

Just completed a bangy ooty trip on a XM1+ shod swift VDI, I must say the tyres are very comfortable, quiet and grippy. Hit a pothole at 90 kmph but thankfully no damage. More comfort in comparison with my Yoko A drive shod Dzire, almost felt the suspension was different.
Old 2nd May 2011, 15:42   #478
Senior - BHPian

During the good friday long wkend recently I completed a 1000km roadtrip to Kodai from Bangalore. Absolutely happy with XM1+ in terms of there overall performance. Best thing is the grip levels both at high speeds and also in the ghat areas in both dry and wet conditions. Comfort levels are also significantly improved compared to MRF ZVTS that i had earlier .

Only -ve which probably is a side effect of better comfort or softer side wall is that I do feel XM1+ have taken an edge off my Ikon's handling characteristics, but then weighing in overall improvement that i got, I am satisfied.

My wife also immediately felt the improvement when she drove the car after the change. In all i have driven about 2K km with about 1k in city and 1k on highway during the Kodai trip.
Old 3rd May 2011, 00:24   #479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
Hi Guys,

It is slightly off topic, but since the thread is about tyres, I wanted to know how good/bad are Continental CPC2 185/70 R13.

I wanted to go in for Michelin's XM1+ as I have them on my FIGO as well (price quoted : 4000), but Mr Harpreet at Universal Tyre house insisted I try Contis this time around.
Continental is a major tyre manufacturer Globally and the Continental Premium Contact2 aka CPC2 is amongst their top offerings.
Enjoy your drive, only next time do not let Harpreet bully you

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknophobia View Post
What kind of complaints? I am curious because my 3 year old XM1+s are nearing the end of their life and I was considering replacing them with more XM1+s.
Hey teknophobia, the complaint business is old story that reared its head with the shoulder wall bulges in the previous model XM/XM1.
The XM1+ came with the issue sorted out. Having said that no single product will ever be able to satisfy 100% of its users.

Go ahead with the same or look at the Yokohama C drive for a change.
Old 3rd May 2011, 14:54   #480
Senior - BHPian

WHile MIchelin XM1 are extremely soft and provide excellent ride comfort. The side wall bulging issue deters the ownership experience.

WIth Xm1+, MIchelin Hardened the tyres and the bulging issue is gone but now the ride comfort is not as supple as it used to be.

Using both XM1 and XM1+ at present on my cars.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks